Wife out of control

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hire a good attorney immediately. She is more than likely only entitled to half of earnings and profits for the few years you have been married. Doubt if she would have any legal claim on your previous assets. Taking her to the UK was a huge mistake, but we all make mistakes. She sounds like a very foul person, and there is no need to spend any more time with her. You may want to use timing, and the element of surprise to your benefit here, so be a bit calculating about this.

Good fortune to you. Nobody deserves to be with someone so unworthy, and so bitter. 

31 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Yep that seems like the basis for a successful marriage and clowns on here then wonder why they run into trouble later

What century were you born in ?

Last century! But it doesn't really matter.

What matters is how Thai women (obviously not all of them) behave. 

Looking at the comments in TV every day there are lots of guys who tried to be the nice guy.  I was one of them. They wanted a real partnership with equal rights. And that included obviously letting the wife also decide what to buy and do.

And what is the result? Look at all the threads, including this one.

From my own experience and from what I heard from friends in almost all Thai relationships there is a clear boss. And you have two choices: You are the boss or she is the boss.  Which option do you prefer?

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Looking at the comments in TV every day there are lots of guys who tried to be the nice guy.  I was one of them. They wanted a real partnership with equal rights. And that included obviously letting the wife also decide what to buy and do.

From my own experience and from what I heard from friends in almost all Thai relationships there is a clear boss. And you have two choices: You are the boss or she is the boss.  Which option do you prefer?

In Thailand there is only one boss-and it isn't you..(please don't take that personally).

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Hire a good attorney immediately. She is more than likely only entitled to half of earnings and profits for the few years you have been married. Doubt if she would have any legal claim on your previous assets. Taking her to the UK was a huge mistake, but we all make mistakes. She sounds like a very foul person, and there is no need to spend any more time with her. You may want to use timing, and the element of surprise to your benefit here, so be a bit calculating about this.

Good fortune to you. Nobody deserves to be with someone so unworthy, and so bitter. 

Definitely she's not entitled to any asset he had before marriage and given her conduct may be entitled to nothing at all. She also wouldn't be entitled to stay in the UK so it's unlikely she would even bring the case to court.

OP needs to bring this to an end straight away either by going to the police or a solicitor. 

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

They were married in Thailand and unless the marriage was registered in the UK, they can not be divorced in the UK, even though a Thai marriage is recognised by the UK authorities for official purposes.

Not true.

The UK recognises government marriage certificates from every country in the world. 

39 minutes ago, Pravda said:
57 minutes ago, soistalker said:

Tell her that you love her. Tell her you want to take her on a beautiful vacation. Book a 5 star resort in Thailand. Complete with spa. Then destroy her passport, and gi back to the UK.

Temporary solution, I know. But it will give your lawyers time to compile the evidence you have on her and begin a solid defense.

This is the third post now where someone is suggesting Britman's idea

Which does not necessarily make it a good idea.  Destruction of someone's passport in Thailand could possibly be perceived as being in contravention of the 'lese majeste' laws; at the very least it is criminal damage to another's property.  If the wife is as described, then all she needs to do is report that some horrible abusive farang has destroyed her passport with all its references to royalty and official government bodies, and then wait for him to be arrested and imprisoned for a long time while she then returns to UK laughing.

On 5/10/2019 at 2:12 AM, CLS said:

Not sure if I should reply. Now I do it anyhow.

It’s a disease called psychopathy. Especially spread over large parts of Isaan. Google it. There are studies on this subject.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Its not an Isaan problem, its a THAILAND problem!

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Absolutely spot on. Every ship needs a captain. The choice is be a wet noodle, be a wimp, be an emasculated Western male, and check your cajones at the door, or reject all of the toxic masculinity nonsense, and be a real man. Fortunately, there are alot of very good Thai women who appreciate a man who has power, a sense of himself, high self esteem, and prefers to be the boss. It makes them feel secure. Do not buy into the Western nonsense about sharing the big decisions. Getting her feedback is fine. But, be a man about it. Let the other 90% of men around the world get pushed around. Stand firm and do the gender justice. 

5 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Set up alternative e-mail account, send yourself an e-mail inviting you both  to Thailand (old friend getting married there or whatever) secretly buy yourself a single ticket back to the uk scheduled a week or two before both of your return tickets. While In BKK, get hold of her Thai passport and flush it down the loo while she’s sleeping, next morning tell her you’re popping down to the 7-11... get a taxi straight to the airport and disappear. Arrive at uk, inform uk immigration that you’re no longer a couple and change your phone number 

No need to book tickets in advance, you can get a Thai Airways flight to Heathrow tomorrow for 19Kbht.

Seats are always available, departs BKK at 10am every morning.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not true.

The UK recognises government marriage certificates from every country in the world. 

Its a fact and it is what I said earlier. Government organizations do recognize Thai marriages. That is what I stated.

Judging by the OPs original post then they do not meet the criteria to enable a divorce procedure for a foreign marriage in the UK.

On 5/10/2019 at 1:45 AM, Glorfindal said:

She is threatening me to ensure that I do the next 2.5 years application correctly (due in November) - the threat is along the lines of "if you do not do it, or it messes up, then I will just go to the police and tell them you have abused me"

Isn't it amazing how so many losers here will give you no advice at all, and certainly not good advice?

Get this threat recorded, as many times as you can.  You will likely need it to stay out of prison.  Staying in the same location is going to come back to bite you.  You must find a way to distance yourself from her otherwise you will be subject to dealing with the law.  

Strangle her access to your money.  She will use your money to harm you. 

You had better see this as a war and act accordingly.  I understand this is not easy, but you have no choice.

24 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely spot on. Every ship needs a captain. The choice is be a wet noodle, be a wimp, be an emasculated Western male, and check your cajones at the door, or reject all of the toxic masculinity nonsense, and be a real man. Fortunately, there are alot of very good Thai women who appreciate a man who has power, a sense of himself, high self esteem, and prefers to be the boss. It makes them feel secure. Do not buy into the Western nonsense about sharing the big decisions. Getting her feedback is fine. But, be a man about it. Let the other 90% of men around the world get pushed around. Stand firm and do the gender justice. 

"Once more into the breach dear friends.."

Must be something in the Lao Khao.

As others have said, instigate this little bar girl tramp into threatening to make a false claim about abuse.  She won't stand a chance in court.  Case closed.  When you show her the recording, chances are she won't even persue this course of action.  Good luck.

On 5/10/2019 at 6:04 AM, Kenny202 said:

Well and truly feel your pain. Went through a very similar relationship. First two years she was an angel. Sold everything back home, came to live with her in Thailand and the madness virtually started the first week I was here. I had all my belongings on the way to her home with no way of diverting them so had to tough it out for the first 8 weeks. Was an absolute nightmare that I couldn't extricate myself from. I think you will find it is a condition called Borderline personality disorder (BPD) which is rampant here. She had lied about everything....3 kids I didn't know about to different guys (she was 28yo). Having an affair with a Thai guy across the road. She had a dreadful past. I am a naturally distrusting person, had done as much due diligence as I could but when someone is a pathalogical liar, and you're in a foreign country it's not always easy to get to the truth. It took me 5 years to get rid of her and then 6 months of madness with her screaming at my front gate every other day, calling the police because I blocked her on FB etc. She was an expert at manipulating people and could garner sympathy. She broke into my house and refused to leave. I wouldn't confront her as she was extremely violent and irrational. Ended up with me down at the police station to let them take care of it. She tried to convince the police I had strangled her and nearly succeeded in turning it around to where she was the victim! I hadn't physically been near her for 2 months..... she had broken into my house and refused to leave and somehow I became the bad guy. I never abused her or even defended myself when she was having a tantrum in 5 years. But she always seemed like she would have loved me to give her a hiding. I put up with it so long I think more because I knew what the aftermath of breaking up with her would be. I was lucky I didn't get burned too much financially...I never married her thank christ but she did leave me with a 3 month old son who I have raised myself. Number 4 child she abandoned. There were many good times but in the end the bad far outweighed the good and I had no choice. She was becoming more violent, making all sorts of threats all the time. 

You will probably get plenty of advice saying just get rid of her etc. I understand it just isn't that easy. If I were you certainly go see a lawyer and be clear on your position. I don't think I would be running to the police just yet or you may find you end up in the hot seat. If she's anything like mine she will be a very convincing liar and without considering consequences stop at nothing to "win". I am not sure what rights she will have over you being married in England. Remember even though she may not show it she is in a foreign country and on your home pitch. Even with all the threats and bluff she will be uncomfortable about getting into trouble in England. The best advice I have read on this post is maybe wait until her visa expires. I know a friend who is married to his lovely Thai wife in England and Thailand, they have a child together and still found it difficult for her to live in England.What is the deal there do you have to re sponsor her?

How long does she have until the visa expires? I assume she will have to leave the country and come back again. Promise her the world re you will organise her return to the UK. Tell her you have found a guy who will organise her a permanent visa under the table so you will be lodging the application. Get her to fill the forms in etc. Thats when you make your move...or better still make no move. If it's not far away try and keep the peace and go with the flow for now. Don't give her any inkling you will flick her or she will latch onto some other guy and possibly get support from him. Then she will have the means to try and get to your assets etc. If you have to lie to her you have applied to renew her visa. Play her at her own game Thai style. Don't confront her head on.....just bide your time. Lie like a mongrel if you need to. You will find many of these people are cunning, but they are not smart. Once she is back in Thailand Sianara. Block her from everything. Usually they make a lot of threats etc but are too lazy to follow up on anything and at the end of the day she probably has nothing anyway. You will be of course envisioning worst case scenarios. Stay strong. Hang in there.

Whatever you do don't buckle. When things would get to the point of no return with mine she would become like an angel for 2 months or so, then the old nightmare would return. Like living in a cyclone, and after time it become your normal.... and you probably wont even know how bad it is until you step back and get away from her. Good luck

Brilliant advice. I would just emphasise that you must be careful to never furnish her, deliberately or inadvertently, with any evidence, written, aural, physical or otherwise, that could be used against you if or when things turn civil, criminal or legal; you are in an undeclared war, and wars are largely spent preparing carefully and cunningly.

Good luck, fella.

On 5/9/2019 at 9:14 PM, Glorfindal said:

Thanks for replying ... she is from South Thailand, and actually from a very well to do family. Seriously nice people. She is very much the black sheep of the family.

Until you get to really know them. Think they'll take your side on this or even emphasize with you? Don't get fooled again. Shitcan her and them. I think he meant to say runs throughout Thailand, not just Isaan. 

On the previous comments about autism, I am pretty sure that I follow somewhere in this spectrum.  My emotions are just kind of muted but theyre there.  I sort of self diagnosed as an older man.  People always thought I was kind of blunted, dull, and eccentric.  Now after reading about autism spectrum I understand why now.  We're not all bad people.  Chances are she's not even autistic.  Chances are she wasn't even a bad person before she got tangled up in whatever shannanigans she was involved in, in Thailand, that lead her to this point in life.  After I divorced my wife she actually learned from it and she's a better person now because of it.  It's time for both of you to move on.

If you are being abused, financial,physical,psychologically  and intimated then several laws are being broken.

Is this person also your personal career?

contact your local police, ga5her evidence, get a lawyer.

contact local DV support services

Gather evidence regarding her state of mind and reactions

Archived