BANGKOK 22 July 2019 16:32

Recording someone is especially allowed if criminal offences are possible. Wherever you do in the UK you are on camera and often on microphone. That is all legal even if you have no consented.

Hire a good attorney immediately. She is more than likely only entitled to half of earnings and profits for the few years you have been married. Doubt if she would have any legal claim on your previous assets. Taking her to the UK was a huge mistake, but we all make mistakes. She sounds like a very foul person, and there is no need to spend any more time with her. You may want to use timing, and the element of surprise to your benefit here, so be a bit calculating about this.

Good fortune to you. Nobody deserves to be with someone so unworthy, and so bitter. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Last century! But it doesn't really matter.

What matters is how Thai women (obviously not all of them) behave. 

Looking at the comments in TV every day there are lots of guys who tried to be the nice guy.  I was one of them. They wanted a real partnership with equal rights. And that included obviously letting the wife also decide what to buy and do.

And what is the result? Look at all the threads, including this one.

From my own experience and from what I heard from friends in almost all Thai relationships there is a clear boss. And you have two choices: You are the boss or she is the boss.  Which option do you prefer?

In Thailand there is only one boss-and it isn't you..(please don't take that personally).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Hire a good attorney immediately. She is more than likely only entitled to half of earnings and profits for the few years you have been married. Doubt if she would have any legal claim on your previous assets. Taking her to the UK was a huge mistake, but we all make mistakes. She sounds like a very foul person, and there is no need to spend any more time with her. You may want to use timing, and the element of surprise to your benefit here, so be a bit calculating about this.

Good fortune to you. Nobody deserves to be with someone so unworthy, and so bitter. 

Definitely she's not entitled to any asset he had before marriage and given her conduct may be entitled to nothing at all. She also wouldn't be entitled to stay in the UK so it's unlikely she would even bring the case to court.

OP needs to bring this to an end straight away either by going to the police or a solicitor. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Essex Reject said:

Nope, can't think. You will have to tell me.

Can't do that blud....

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

They were married in Thailand and unless the marriage was registered in the UK, they can not be divorced in the UK, even though a Thai marriage is recognised by the UK authorities for official purposes.

Not true.

The UK recognises government marriage certificates from every country in the world. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2019 at 2:12 AM, CLS said:

Not sure if I should reply. Now I do it anyhow.

It’s a disease called psychopathy. Especially spread over large parts of Isaan. Google it. There are studies on this subject.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Its not an Isaan problem, its a THAILAND problem!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Well the newbie has again disappeared, with the clickbait now in full swing ….

Haven't seen that before have we

What time is it in the UK?

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Set up alternative e-mail account, send yourself an e-mail inviting you both  to Thailand (old friend getting married there or whatever) secretly buy yourself a single ticket back to the uk scheduled a week or two before both of your return tickets. While In BKK, get hold of her Thai passport and flush it down the loo while she’s sleeping, next morning tell her you’re popping down to the 7-11... get a taxi straight to the airport and disappear. Arrive at uk, inform uk immigration that you’re no longer a couple and change your phone number 

No need to book tickets in advance, you can get a Thai Airways flight to Heathrow tomorrow for 19Kbht.

Seats are always available, departs BKK at 10am every morning.

Edited by BritManToo

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Not true.

The UK recognises government marriage certificates from every country in the world. 

Its a fact and it is what I said earlier. Government organizations do recognize Thai marriages. That is what I stated.

Judging by the OPs original post then they do not meet the criteria to enable a divorce procedure for a foreign marriage in the UK.