Americans' support for impeaching Trump rises - Reuters/Ipsos poll

webfact

9 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Undoudtedly, there are least 10,000 persons around the World that "need killin' " if we're to have a hope for a better World. But that's not going to happen and going all "extrajudicial" on a few here or there is only going to empower the remaining <deleted>.

It’s not happening so much in the real world, but, on the internet, there’s more and more talk of “bringing out the guillotines.”

It isn’t healthy because it shows people losing faith in democracy when the real problem is apathy and cheating rather than democracy. Besides, that kind of talk often tends to empower authoritarians rather than the liberal-minded.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

It’s not happening so much in the real world, but, on the internet, there’s more and more talk of “bringing out the guillotines.”

It isn’t healthy because it shows people losing faith in democracy when the real problem is apathy and cheating rather than democracy. Besides, that kind of talk often tends to empower authoritarians rather than the liberal-minded.

Actually, I'm a fan of democracy, and that's why I'm able to take the good with the bad. I'm also a partisan, and when I see my party become pretty much indistinguishable from the opposition party I see that democracy is becoming abused and that the people need to take charge once again.

22 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

Actually, I'm a fan of democracy, and that's why I'm able to take the good with the bad. I'm also a partisan, and when I see my party become pretty much indistinguishable from the opposition party I see that democracy is becoming abused and that the people need to take charge once again.

I don’t disagree, but would stop short at violence. At least for now.

22 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:
38 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

I don’t disagree, but would stop short at violence. At least for now.

Ditto

Must say it feels good to be on the same page on the things that really matter.

2 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Must say it feels good to be on the same page on the things that really matter.

It's easy to get "triggered" by the news of the day, but it's core values that matter.  This too will pass, but there are lessons to be learned. I certainly have learned as much from what I wouldn't wish to emulate as that which I would wish to.

Archived