Tale of woe! South Korean conned into marriage by tricky Thai woman

webfact

Tale of woe! South Korean conned into marriage by tricky Thai woman

1pm.jpg

Caption: The marriage con

Sanook related a tale of woe that will be all too familiar to foreign men who have fallen for the charms of Thai women - only to be disappointed. 

In addition the South Korean man in the story was fleeced out of 350,000 baht in just a few short months. 

It looks like the Thai woman has a Thai man in the background. 

She is a Chiang Mai born woman "based" in Pattaya. 

Sanook were contacted by "Kim A" who had been moaning about his experience all over social media. 

The 40 year old had met his 30 year old Thai lover and got married in Chiang Mai and he paid a dowry. 

He sent her funds every month - she had enough to put a down payment on a car. All seemed rosy as they continued their relationship via text messages from afar.

But when he came back in January the woman said her parents had objected to the relationship continuing. 

Then came the first of a series of whammies - he saw text messages to a Thai man on her phone. 

He confronted her and they argued. 

Each time she strung him along with sweet talk and promises of love - so long as he kept up the payments. 

She needed cash for the vehicle insurance...then new tires.....then her son.

Yes, she had what many in Thailand refer to as "Instafam" - a child from a previous relationship with a Thai.

Then her poor, ailing old father needed money. The requests kept coming and "Kim A" kept paying.

Only the sick buffalo didn't need money. 

Finally it was decided they would meet again in April but two days before the scheduled reunion she made another excuse saying she had argued once again with her relatives about the relationship. 

Exasperated he decided to call her rather than text. If he expressed his love that should win her heart. 

A man answered the phone......

By now the penny - if not the millions of won - had dropped and he was 350,000 baht poorer if not wiser.

He told Sanook that at least she should go to South Korea to annul the marriage and free him. 

More about this if Kim A ever surfaces again....

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-10

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit hard to believe the Korean can read Thai, Never in all my years here have I known Thais to send a message to another Thai in English maybe he used Google translate to decipher ????

I had a friend from England who fell for this kind of thing 'twice'. He's now in the same kind of predicament but he's learnt to be worth more to his missus in a relationship than out of one.

Some people's concept of love really can be a mental disease. 

There's a huge club of dejected, bamboozled and screwed men in Thailand that have been taking for a ride to proverbial cleaners by local unscrupulous women who from the get go set out to cheat, control and steal properties and wealth from unsuspecting honest hearted foreigners who's their only mistake was to trust, and dare i say, to love a Thai women...

5 minutes ago, ezzra said:

unsuspecting honest hearted foreigners who's their only mistake was to trust, and dare i say, to love a Thai women...

Well there's the problem, stick to just one Thai woman, not all of them ???? 

350.000 baht? Well he got off lucky ????

I racked up an account of about 2,8 million so far. We live, we learn....hopefully. I cant say its money down the drain though.

There should be a 2 hours school session for every foreigner landing at Suvarnabhumi about the honeytraps here in Thailand.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Bit hard to believe the Korean can read Thai, Never in all my years here have I known Thais to send a message to another Thai in English maybe he used Google translate to decipher ????

It says he saw the message not that he understood it.

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

It says he saw the message not that he understood it.

How did he know she wasn't just messaging her brother to go eat somtam ????

How typical Thai just another way of ripping off foreigners ????

Sadly they haven’t got the same notion and knowledge of love as most of us do..Simply because they’ve been brought up that way as It’s all about money in Thailand how disgraceful..

Never fall for any of them even it seems legit, trust not !

A good rule of thumb is . If you not living with her,  why  get married in the first place?  The other rule of thumb is, why would anyone get married in the fisrt place? If you  love each other you will stay together........ why does anyone need a legal document for that? It doesnt offer any inssurance or other benifit as far as I'm aware...  This stupid  antiquated social concept of marriage for romantically dumb people has a lot to answer for....

My first rule (among several) is no women with children. Even if she's honest and perfect in every other way, I simply will not become the new father to and take on the responsibility and expense of raising a child that's not my own.

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I had a friend from England who fell for this kind of thing 'twice'. He's now in the same kind of predicament but he's learnt to be worth more to his missus in a relationship than out of one.

Some people's concept of love really can be a mental disease. 

I had an American friend here years ago that has bought 4 houses in Thailand and still has nowhere to live!

1 hour ago, epicstuff said:

why would anyone get married in the fisrt place?

1 - It's convenient when moving out of Thailand since the thai passport is not really a masterkey to immigration. Girlfriend is not a status when applying for a visa.

2 - After a few years of being married it may grant citizenship (true for my country, not the other way around) and all the privileges that come with it.

Archived