BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

"C'est moi! But I'm not a taxi driver" Frenchman tells Samui cops as Thais urged to rat on foreigners

Foreigners, guests in Thailand, should in no way appear to take jobs away from Thai's. 

3 minutes ago, Olmate said:
12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Pity the police have nothing better to spend their time on, like stopping all the Thais drink driving.

Many times in the past have i driven another farang somewhere as there was no taxis in the area, and the farang has paid me for fuel.

Hope you got a medal for that

Yes, but Colin's too modest to wear it.

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Hope you got a medal for that

Is there a difference if I give my Thai brother inlaw or farang neighbor X baht for fuel, for a lift to the airport?  Neither have a taxi licence

well i will never drive the thai family around again. They do offer money and i rarely accept but im a fn criminal now? Jesus Thailand get a grip!!!!

thai taxis drivers suck. why would anyone risk there lives. They suffer hardship cuz they're stupid greedy yaba using alcoholics for the most part. A foreigner dropping off friends is the least of there issues. Rehab, driving lessons, etc is where they're time should be wasted.

don't you love  JOBS FOR THAIS,  women for THAIS, corruption for THAIS

maybe if there was GRAB or UBER, you would pay FAIR prices instead the extortion those pesky taxi drivers dare & can ask as there is NO COMPETITION

what about GUIDES that does speak thaiglish you don't understand and again, ask whatever they want

6 minutes ago, CanuckThai said:

Is there a difference if I give my Thai brother inlaw or farang neighbor X baht for fuel, for a lift to the airport?  Neither have a taxi licence

Watch the original video, clearly 3/4 farangs in the back of the Ute, guy gives em 100 baht change, so 900 or 400 baht fare, hardly friends!

Now we know how to do taxi service for Farangs... exchange the money when no Thai can see! Problem solved!

23 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Watch the original video, clearly 3/4 farangs in the back of the Ute, guy gives em 100 baht change, so 900 or 400 baht fare, hardly friends!

I'll bet he is involved with a small guest house or resort on the island and is providing this service for them - he could technically call them (new) friends 

Accepting money is technically work - not hard to check how many times a day or week they are doing this or if it is a one off

51 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Pity the police have nothing better to spend their time on, like stopping all the Thais drink driving.

like stopping all the Thais drink driving.

27 minutes ago, justin case said:

maybe if there was GRAB or UBER, you would pay FAIR prices instead the extortion those pesky taxi drivers dare & can ask as there is NO COMPETITION

what about GUIDES that does speak thaiglish you don't understand and again, ask whatever they want

You obviously don't live in Samui nor do you have a clue about it.  There is GRAB and there is an excellent Samui only app called NAVIGO.

spouting about things when you know nothing....

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

I'll bet he is involved with a small guest house or resort on the island and is providing this service for them - he could technically call them (new) friends 

You mean the final farewell dear friend ,that’ll be 400 thanks!

16 minutes ago, moutamine said:

Now we know how to do taxi service for Farangs... exchange the money when no Thai can see! Problem solved!

I guess that’s the way it’s done,hardly smart thinking

39 minutes ago, justin case said:

Is there one of these you could handle?Guess not so what’s your point?

I also bring my friends by car because the taxi's can't speak english and won't use the meter...if they give me some fuel money it's fine, if they don't it's also fine.

Many westerners are very scared for the thai drivers, on buses, cars, boats, planes, trains.....

The 'Petrol Money' brigade might not realize that the island is no bigger than the Isle of Wight and that no journey is longer than 45 mins. True friends are highly unlikely to be doing this for a bung. IMO matey is 'Guilty as charged' but as usual the locals have made a pigs ear of it while failing to insist that the yellow peril turn their meters on & stop committing GBH (and getting away with it) when tourists complain.

We can expect an 'Honest Samui Cabby' story in the next few days, along with a pointy picture 🙄