Cambodian fiance wants to visit thailand

Thanks for letting me be a member! I'm American passport holder. In Cambodia now. I want to visit Thailand and Vietnam  with Cambodia fiance (we have 9months to kill in asia and would like to do so in Thailand Vietnam) .... 1) I see she gets "free" 14 days Thailand and 30 Vietnam? . I understand she can apply for 60 day visa at phnom Penh but they are difficult to get? We would like to stay as long as convenient possible without exiting. She has no job or bank account( I've supported her 2 years) . She is older and has documents that she owns her own home free and clear 2) on going the free 14 day route will she have to show return ticket and anything else besides booking room and cash? WE will be going to Vietnam after Thailand so not sure exact return date.......3)how much grief recently officials give Cambodian travelers bouncing around using 14 days in Thailand and 30 days Vietnam, ect? Maybe we exit and return country every 14 or 30 days back and forth if we want to stay longer?   At the end of the day we tired of Cambodia and would like to visit Thailand and Vietnam for a longer stay until we migrate back to USA. We have no problem going back and forth but like to minimize travel if possible..... I have been to Thailand once 2 years ago for 60 days. She has never been there..... I understand current crackdown at immigration and will act/proper documents/not stay too long accordingly for USA passport holder. It's the Cambodian visa stuff/rules I'm confused with.... Thank you!      P. S. We not totally opposed to land travel but prefer to fly

Edited by Locoloco

She can get a thai visa in PP same as everyone else, use an agent $50 for 2 night service.  Valid for entry within 90 days for a 60 day stay, which can than be extended another 30 days for 1,900 baht.

Thing is, for Khmers they can ONLY get a Thai visa in Phnom Pehn.

22 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

She can get a thai visa in PP same as everyone else, use an agent $50 for 2 night service.  Valid for entry within 90 days for a 60 day stay, which can than be extended another 30 days for 1,900 baht.

Thing is, for Khmers they can ONLY get a Thai visa in Phnom Pehn.

Thanks for that! I've read some bad things regarding the embassy in phnom penh making any Cambodian woman show she has job, bank account, ect for tourist visa...it won't be a problem, we'll just do 2 weeks in Thailand then month in Vietnam a few times back and forth worse case scenario.... We've been living in siem reap but looking for cooler climate ( chiang mai dalat Vietnam) and maybe consistent electric as a bonus! 

2 hours ago, Locoloco said:

Thanks for that! I've read some bad things regarding the embassy in phnom penh making any Cambodian woman show she has job, bank account, ect for tourist visa...it won't be a problem, we'll just do 2 weeks in Thailand then month in Vietnam a few times back and forth worse case scenario.... We've been living in siem reap but looking for cooler climate ( chiang mai dalat Vietnam) and maybe consistent electric as a bonus! 

wish you all the best but consistent electric do not exist in Vietnam - one of the reason the wife and I moved away from there. Power cut could last up to 24 hours ….

• Like 1

Having a bank account in her name with $1000 in it might very well be required. When I applied for a tourist visa in Phnom Penh, I had to supply a bank statement. I would imagine (but I don't know for sure) that the same rule applies to a local applicant - best to check with an agent.

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Having a bank account in her name with $1000 in it might very well be required. When I applied for a tourist visa in Phnom Penh, I had to supply a bank statement. I would imagine (but I don't know for sure) that the same rule applies to a local applicant - best to check with an agent.

Thanks! I've been hearing similar stories but guess I'll know for sure soon enough. We'll go regardless but it sure would be nice to stay a few months without her having to exit and come back....

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is no longer correct. They can get one at the embassy in Kuala Lumpur and a few other locations now.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/listed country 2018_2.pdf

COOL:
BUT did u see it takes 4 weeks to get the visa>>>>:-)

For a khmer, just use an agent in PP, they will be able to advise you so u dont have any hassles

Edited by phuketrichard