Pattaya offering free pet vaccinations, sterilizations this week

Rimmer

Pattaya offering free pet vaccinations, sterilizations this week

image.png

PATTAYA:--Pattaya offered free pet vaccinations and sterilizations on the Arunothai Community.

Officers from the Disease Control Department were greeted by neighborhood President Amnuay Muangthong May 8.

Shots offered included protection against rabies and ticks, as well as birth control and sterilization.

Veterinarians urged residents to keep plenty of water available for their pets during the hot weather and even bathe dogs and cats to keep their temperatures down. Outside animals also should have a shady place to hide from the sun, they said.

The next mobile services will be on May 10 in the Arunothai Community, May 13 and 15 at Central Pattaya Community, and on May 17 and 22 at Khao Noi Community.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-05-10--

2 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Free! Most Thais will take their kids along as well.

I sometimes answer surveys about "Do you have a pet?" I generally reply to the question "Cat, Dog Other?" as "Other - Thai boyfriend"

Jeez it don't look the most modern of surgeries .. And the woman in the background is she enquiring about any left over bits .. 

Sorry if I was getting my pussy shaved before snipping the tubes I'd want somewhere a bit more hygienic than that ..

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

Sorry if I was getting my pussy shaved before snipping the tubes I'd want somewhere a bit more hygienic than that ..

Are you talking about felines, or what?

Vet who has a proper operating room charge you 2600 Baht pro sterilization. I went to normal Vet with no operating room, only uses an ordinary table, charge me 1800 Baht for 2 cats a month ago. Both cats are ok, no problems at all. Have been covered with antibiotics.    

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

I sometimes answer surveys about "Do you have a pet?" I generally reply to the question "Cat, Dog Other?" as "Other - Thai boyfriend"

Is he being sterilised?? Hopefully tick free??

Now for once the Thai officials  have a good intention , still there must be the so wise (?) farang's nasty comments …., sorry guy's the free lobotomy for you not yet available … :whistling:

23 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Wonder how they are sterilising the instruments they are using.

they use set of tools in sterile bags from pharmacy or some company and of course sterile gloves.

15 minutes ago, david555 said:

Now for once the Thai officials  have a good intention , still there must be the so wise (?) farang's nasty comments …., sorry guy's the free lobotomy for you not yet available … :whistling:

Don't doubt their intentions but you gotta have standards offering this and with the greatest respect to them that pic' does not suggest the most hygienic of environments to be doing surgery like this .. 

7 minutes ago, erymax said:

they use set of tools in sterile bags from pharmacy or some company and of course sterile gloves.

Have to have heck of a lot of sets of instruments in that case, 

3 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Don't doubt their intentions but you gotta have standards offering this and with the greatest respect to them that pic' does not suggest the most hygienic of environments to be doing surgery like this .. 

I think you forget that animals still have a good natural defense system , not like us who need 6****** Bangkok hospitals , however this action could always improved , example a big mobile medical center with sterilization unit ...

But it is a beginning ,so need to be applauded 

1 minute ago, david555 said:

I think you forget that animals still have a good natural defense system , not like us who need 6****** Bangkok hospitals , however this action could always improved , example a big mobile medical center with sterilization unit ...

I agree with you, the table on the pic looks quite ok, the person should have a face mask, the rest is ok.

21 minutes ago, david555 said:

Yes sure animal's have natural defences but you still must minimise risk of infection when performing invasive surgery on animals under anaesthetic ..

Animal welfare is worthy to those who can't afford vets fee's so the scheme is a good 'un especially with the stray's problem in Thailand but they've got to up the standards a bit .. 

they had this in Hua Hin about a year ago

Thai lady friend asked me if i wanted my young puppy dog operated, i said sure. (she had brought her 3 dogs to do it already.)

once she got there, she calls me and said "they won't do it, they said it's not Thai dog and only have medicine for Thai dog"

I asked her if her dogs were Thai Bangkaew, which she answered they were not.

so I told her to bring back her dogs and tell them to put the balls back because they were not Thai dogs either.

"medicine for thai dogs" lol

translated roughly to: we don't want problems from a farang if we screw up the operation

they did it in the end, nothing bad happened.

Just now, mikebell said:

Offer free sterilisation to Thai males to avoid them producing unwanted off-spring to be paid for by farangs when the mother has to 'work' to send these kids to school.

At 14, when needed, unlikely they would be keen.

14 hours ago, mikebell said:

Offer free sterilisation to Thai males to avoid them producing unwanted off-spring to be paid for by farangs when the mother has to 'work' to send these kids to school.

And in return farangs are able to get cheap sex with girls thirty years younger which is almost impossible or extremely expensive to get in their home country. 

they had this in Hua Hin about a year ago
Thai lady friend asked me if i wanted my young puppy dog operated, i said sure. (she had brought her 3 dogs to do it already.)
once she got there, she calls me and said "they won't do it, they said it's not Thai dog and only have medicine for Thai dog"
I asked her if her dogs were Thai Bangkaew, which she answered they were not.
so I told her to bring back her dogs and tell them to put the balls back because they were not Thai dogs either.

"medicine for thai dogs" lol
translated roughly to: we don't want problems from a farang if we screw up the operation

they did it in the end, nothing bad happened.

One of the most funny things I’ve read in a long time. Tears in my eyes. LOL.

Archived