BANGKOK 21 May 2019 04:14

@Bagwain Thank's for your many informative posts over the years.

I've still gotta get back to you about replacing the sand in my filter with what you recommended. Haven't forgotten.

The pic is of the other stairs from a stainless mob and they haven't shown the pitting and bursts like the other stairs and both been in the salt water for the same time.20190515_093151.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I believe there are liquids to tell 200 series from 304 I think the 304 stays green and the 200 series will discolour.

I have seem my share of "local" stainless steel wall spikes that pit and discolour on residences very near the coast. 

To test for 304 vs 316 one needs a bit more and kits cost around $500. 

For the OPs ladders just take them in for an annual polishing ? Or get them polished and then clear powder coat? 

Edited by VocalNeal

I believe there are liquids to tell 200 series from 304 I think the 304 stays green and the 200 series will discolour.

I have seem my share of "local" stainless steel wall spikes that pit and discolour on residences very near the coast. 

To test for 304 vs 316 one needs a bit more and kits cost around $500. 

For the OPs ladders just take them in for an annual polishing ? Or get them polished and then clear powder coat? 
I got a block of that blue SS polish and some polish discs for the grinder, so will just polish like the guys did yesterday.
I will do one thing different than what they did yesterday and wear safety glasses and mask. :)

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

• Like 1