VIDEO: Thailand’s first ever drive-thru traffic ticket payment service is now open!

rooster59

VIDEO: Thailand’s first ever drive-thru traffic ticket payment service is now open!

30740123_1982855081779369_1392995869917184000_n(1).jpg

Image: ONB News

Thailand’s first ever drive-thru traffic ticket payment service is open for business at Bang Phli police station in Samut Prakan.

The service, which this week was the subject of a feature by Workpoint News, allows road traffic violators to pay fines in less than 3 minutes without getting out of their vehicle.

The drive-thru service was opened in order to help beat traffic congestion at the police station, which shares car parking with three other government offices.

Instead of having to park up, go inside the police station and queue at the counter to pay a ticket fine, drivers simply hand over their ticket - and cash - to the officer waiting at the drive-thru the first service counter.

Once payment is made, they driver to the second service counter where the officer then hands back the driver’s license and a receipt and away they go.

Paying for traffic fines take no longer than ordering a Big Mac, officers say.

Last year, a similar service was launched in Phuket in a bid to beat long queues and reduce delays at the island’s immigration office.

The drive thru service at Phuket Immigration office enables foreigners complete 90 day reports in less than 3 minutes.

Source: Workpoint News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-11

So it takes 1 person 3 minutes to pay , but what about the line if there are 100 people that want to pay ? Maybe they should do it like easy pass , just take it of your easy pass account ???? otherwise you get the same lines as at a tollbooth .

Which window do you pay the bung? It’s not clear. Is it surreptitiously tucked in the hand or drive-thru around the back? Maybe handed a brown fast food bag by the BiB and place the bribe in the Whopper box and hand back. Again, not clear.

I prefer the older, faster, more convenient drive through method.  Drive through a checkpoint, hand the guy a few hundred baht for some alleged infraction that may or my not have been illegal, and on my way in even less time.  No queue, no long drive to the designated station, and smiles all around.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, impulse said:

I prefer the older, faster, more convenient drive through method.  Drive through a checkpoint, hand the guy a few hundred baht for some alleged infraction that may or my not have been illegal, and on my way in even less time.  No queue, no long drive to the designated station, and smiles all around.

That's fine.....and as you become a part of the system, you can't complain about the level of corruption in Thailand!

22 minutes ago, ChrisY1 said:
On 5/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, impulse said:

That's fine.....and as you become a part of the system, you can't complain about the level of corruption in Thailand!

It is neither within my power, nor on my job description to eliminate corruption in Thailand.  It went on for centuries before I was born, and it will go on long after they plant me in the ground.

It is within my admittedly pinhead mental ability to take advantage of the culture when it's to my benefit.  Whether I agree with that trait of the culture or not.  Not a fan of tilting at windmills.

Archived