Brit expat teacher seriously injured as motorbike hits power pole

rooster59

Brit expat teacher seriously injured as motorbike hits power pole

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1557548784_1-org.jpg

Brit expat Iain Richardson was rushed to hospital with head injuries from the accident. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: A British expat is in hospital with serious injuries after the motorbike he was riding struck a roadside power pole on Thepkrasattri Rd just south of the Heroines Monument early this morning (May 11).

Lt Col Kitiphum Thinthalang of Thalang Police was notified of the accident at 3:10am.

Police officers and rescue workers arrived at the scene, along the northbound lanes of Thepkasattri Rd in front of Wat Tha Ruea, to find the expat on the road with serious head injuries.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/brit-expat-teacher-seriously-injured-as-motorbike-hits-power-pole-71388.php#1aEBtKcp0L1l1lMW.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-11

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Vacuum said:

Perfectly straight road but managed to hit a power pole beside the road at 3 AM. Drunk, fell asleep...? Hope for a speedy recovery though.

And quite likely wearing no helmet. That being the case hardly setting a good example of safety to his pupils.  Another Go-fund me coming along maybe

2 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

And quite likely wearing no helmet. That being the case hardly setting a good example of safety to his pupils.  Another Go-fund me coming along maybe

Try actually reading the full article

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Try actually reading the full article

I did. You clearly assumed that the helmet laying in the road come of his head.  I would suggest that it could have been on his handlebars or even in a basket - now that would be unusual -not !!!

17 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

I did. You clearly assumed that the helmet laying in the road come of his head.  I would suggest that it could have been on his handlebars or even in a basket - now that would be unusual -not !!!

Spot on! From own experience, this is exactly where my helmet was actually spending most of its riding time (except on intercity highways). At 3 AM in a town, it would definitely be right there.

50 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

after the motorbike he was riding struck a roadside power pole on Thepkrasattri Rd just south of the Heroines Monument

It was the motorbike’s fault. 

25 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Ah yes, I've come across your type before.

A field with hoof-prints. Most people think "horses". You think Zebras!

His red Honda Wave motorbike and helmet were lying on the road nearby.

Could have had the skidlid perched on his head without securing it.  Hard to tell where it was but it most definitely wasn't secured by the chinstrap.

I wish him well but there might be more on this story to come.  

Archived