Income method when to start

Next Monday I will be using my Australian Stat Dec from December 2018 for retirement extension. Using the income method when do I need to start transferring to my Thai Account for next years extension, this month or next month?

Better to be safe than sorry, and I would also recommend that each month's deposit falls within a consistent date span, so that's pretty obvious to a pedantic IO that the deposits are separated. For example, in your case, between the 5th to 14th every month.

That gives you 2 days grace this month to get your first transfer in.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Can an acceptable authority verify that you haven't forged them?

Any more than I could have forged letters/statements or correspondence  from the bank...?  It really depends on what the IO SAYS it requires I suppose... For example downloaded uk bank statements are accepted by U.K. authorities .

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Maybe if you bank book showed the same transfers and other activity.

Good point and indeed it does. I recall a thread indicating that Kasikorn and others charge for the service...but then I understand that I will still need a bank letter verifying my account produced on the same day as my application?

4 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

For example downloaded uk bank statements are accepted by U.K. authorities .

And you wonder why they're now saying they won't issue the income letter because they can't, in fact, verify that you haven't forged them (which is what Immigration was demanding of them)?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

Good point and indeed it does. I recall a thread indicating that Kasikorn and others charge for the service...but then I understand that I will still need a bank letter verifying my account produced on the same day as my application?

That really depends upon the office where you apply.

That is actually the policy for the 800k baht in the bank option to prove it has been in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

For the proof of income is should not be required on the same day.

• Like 1

Just now, ThaiBunny said:

And you wonder why they're now saying they won't issue the income letter because they can't, in fact, verify that you haven't forged them (which is what Immigration was demanding of them)?

Where did it say that immigration's issue was based on potentially forged bank statements? ANY document,downloaded or otherwise, could be forged. The issue I understand was a general if somewhat vague immigration request to embassies to verify income and the interpretation of that by various embassies. Whilst self certification is an obvious problem BE required 3 months bank statements supporting the claim. I’ve not heard of the vast majority of other embassies still issuing letters doing much more stringent verification. 

Internet only paperless bank accounts are quite common in Europe and acceptance of documents printed from the same is widespread so your focus on those as the issue is ill founded.

• Like 1

I have a deposit going into my Canadian bank account at the beginning of every month. But I bring the money over to my Kasikorn account periodically, not every month, about every three months I transfer just under $10,000 so I don’t have to fill out any paperwork in Canada.

Question. When I renew my Non O retirement visa in December, is IO going to insist on seeing monthly payments going into my Thai account?

My idea is to get the Embassy to stamp my affidavit by showing them a print out of my Canadian bank account which shows enough regular monthly income. Then I’ll also have my Kasikorn savings book which shows those larger deposits every three months or so.

Am I going to have a problem with this?

5 minutes ago, Khun Roberto said:

Question. When I renew my Non O retirement visa in December, is IO going to insist on seeing monthly payments going into my Thai account?

Not if you have proof of income from your embassy.

5 minutes ago, Khun Roberto said:

Am I going to have a problem with this?

You should not have a problem.

Be prepared to show them you bank book showing the transfers you do into the country if asked for it.

Yes, you will have a problem if you want use the monthly income method and wish to bring your documentary proof to an Immigration Office. The latter reqires that you show MONTHLY deposits. Your deposits every 3 months will not be accepted.

Better to bring your documentation to the Canadian Embassy and request their income verification letter.

5 minutes ago, Goethe said:

Yes, you will have a problem if you want use the monthly income method and wish to bring your documentary proof to an Immigration Office. The latter reqires that you show MONTHLY deposits. Your deposits every 3 months will not be accepted.

Better to bring your documentation to the Canadian Embassy and request their income verification letter.

Why would there be a problem. He will not need prove monthly income going into a Thai bank. His income proof from the embassy will do that.

He could use the transfers every 3 months to show he bringing in the money into the country to live on if asked for it.

• Like 1

Thanks Ubonjoe & Goethe. 

I see. The risk is if the Canadian Embassy doesn't want to accept my affidavit for some reason.

But if I start doing monthly transfers now, I won't have a full 12 months of regular monthly transfers come time or renewal in December. 

I guess I could have a backup plan of having 800,000 in my Kasikorn account.

But that has to be sitting there for two months before the application for extension, right?

And I can't apply for the extension until 2 weeks before it expires?

6 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

Who is "they?"

Are you saying that all embassies that continue to issue income letters actually verify the amounts claimed and the three that don't issue them are the only ones that can't verify?

8 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

Are you saying that all embassies that continue to issue income letters actually verify the amounts claimed and the three that don't issue them are the only ones that can't verify?

No. The embassies that no longer issue income letters are the ones who understand what "verify" means. The embassies still issuing income letters will accept any documentation that, on the face of it, supports or evidences the income being stated. "evidence" and "verify" are two completely different requirements.  I can produce any old tosh on my home computer to evidence something. I can also send money between two bank accounts that I own and show only one of them for the purpose of "evidencing" income

Edited by ThaiBunny