Britain's Conservatives in fourth place in EU election poll, Farage leads

rooster59

1 hour ago, Cats4ever said:

Not my dog fight but .............................................. I haven't been in Britain since 1973, holiday, work and travel then for 18 months. It seems that the old "<deleted> begin at Calais" mob are still active. I have no idea of the economics of staying or leaving but the reasons need to be divorced from chauvinism.

Am I the only person who thinks Farage is a smooth operating creep?

His personality doesn't matter, he's staunchly Brexit and obviously on the side of the people who voted to leave the EU three years ago and are still waiting. Besides, I'd rather have dinner with him than May, Corbyn and Cable. At least we could talk about football, beer and other interesting things. Imagine being stuck between the other three, almost as bad as being stuck with Merkel, Macron and Juncker.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jesimps said:

His personality doesn't matter, he's staunchly Brexit and obviously on the side of the people who voted to leave the EU three years ago and are still waiting. Besides, I'd rather have dinner with him than May, Corbyn and Cable. At least we could talk about football, beer and other interesting things. Imagine being stuck between the other three, almost as bad as being stuck with Merkel, Macron and Juncker.

As dinner goes, I agree, although I'd still watch my drink, in case he dropped in a brexit drug that would make me incapable of acting rationally...

4 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Pretty obvious if you lived there under certain EU rules.

Better than no rules, and more than likely there would be a black-market enterprise opening up to benefit from the lack of goods in the shops when rationing occurs. Or perhaps that's happening already? 

5 minutes ago, oilinki said:

The thing is EU doesn't want UK to become an unstable state next to our borders. 

Neither does the majority of the British population. 

Feelings mutual.

17 minutes ago, jesimps said:

I don't know, Corbyn could talk about buying younger women from 3rd world countries along with the rest of us.

Farage is one in a long line of snake oil selling conmen that appear in the world from time to time, normally after some kind of economic crisis, when people feel that they are not being listened to or represented.

Up pops a populist conman with a bag of tricks .... a scapegoat (the EU and immigrants) and a simple solution (leave the EU) backed up with promises of a sunny upland future ... that can never be delivered. A nasty little hypocrite, who’s been milking the EU himself for years ... taking the money and doing very little ... not to mention securing German passports for his family.

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I thought all the gullible, stupid, racist Brexiteers had changed their minds and wanted to stay.

How can this be happening?

Because remainers are singled-minded and think that leavers are gullible, stupid and racist.

17 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Who wouldn't, if they could?

He blames the EU for everything, encourages others to give up their EU rights and the rights of the generations to come, but is not willing to allow his family to risk the consequences of doing so. A first class hypocrite, who will retire on a nice EU pension.

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

He blames the EU for everything, encourages others to give up their EU rights and the rights of the generations to come, but is not willing to allow his family to risk the consequences of doing so. A first class hypocrite, who will retire on a nice EU pension.

I'd prefer a German passport to a UK passport too.

And a German pension.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

How can it not help Brexit, if Nigel Farage and the rest of his contingent make enough noise in Brussels, do you think that the EU would be willing to extend any further extensions, I think they would say "aurevoir"

You mean like last time when he begged in parliament to “please, Mr Tusk, kick us out”?

10 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Do you really want to be governed by Nigel Farage's who behave like children in the adults forums?

Being a critical talker is quite different than behaving like a child. Farage might be entertaining for the kids, but he is not a person who can build a better future for the kids. He is quite the opposite the person he should be. 

He will nonetheless take pole in a fortnight ????

1 hour ago, oilinki said:

Corbyn reminds me of my previous president Tarja Halonen and her Foreign minister Erkki Tuomioja. Both being strong supporters of the Soviet Union and Russia. 

Farage is also the same type.  

so, maybe Corbyn could have fun with a Finn.....

5 minutes ago, oilinki said:

If only the people of UK go out in masses to participate EU elections, he won't. 

His supporters will definitely go out and vote for him and the oligarchs he is for. 

It's time for the people of UK to say, that is simply not ok. It's time for the people of UK to take back control from Farage type of clowns. 

………..and put it in whose hands?

4 minutes ago, oilinki said:

If only the people of UK go out in masses to participate EU elections, he won't. 

His supporters will definitely go out and vote for him and the oligarchs he is for. 

It's time for the people of UK to say, that is simply not ok. It's time for the people of UK to take back control from Farage type of clowns. 

Yeah, The very people that are giving it to him ????

33 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

You mean like last time when he begged in parliament to “please, Mr Tusk, kick us out”?

No I didn't mean that, you have added your own words. But it is good you are worried about Nigel Farage, but you are not on your own though, Barry Gardiner and Tony Blair have just been on Sophie Ridge and can only talk about is Nigel Farage. Isn't it strange that someone who believes strongly in democracy suddenly becomes far right, but there again there are a lot of nasty people about.

3 minutes ago, vogie said:

No I didn't mean that, you have added your own words. But it is good you are worried about Nigel Farage, but you are not on your own though, Barry Gardiner and Tony Blair have just been on Sophie Ridge and can only talk about is Nigel Farage. Isn't it strange that someone who believes strongly in democracy suddenly becomes far right, but there again there are a lot of nasty people about.

Its true he does have the ability to persuade and create positive thoughts unlike Remainers who don't have a sprucer that can put fire in the belly when talking about their wonderful EU, the wonderful EU economy, their wonderful euro, the EU army and the taking of yet MORE sovereignty.

8 minutes ago, vogie said:

Blair, Campbell, Mandy etc tried very hard to black-ball Corbyn re labour leadership but failed there too.

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

No I didn't mean that, you have added your own words.

I think there is a video of his performance where he said this (or something similar). Not my words. 

13 minutes ago, vogie said:

But it is good you are worried about Nigel Farage,

Quite the opposite, see my comment. He can’t make much more noise than taking the mic and making everyone yawn. 

12 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Your propaganda is technically wrong. It is the countries that pay their citizens' pensions, not the EU.

Such propaganda nonsense only promotes the dumbing down of the people and 

contributes to the national stupidity.

I don't have a dog in the Brexit fight but find it fascinating nevertheless.

In any case, you might be wrong because countries ringing up massive deficits owing to lavish social welfare schemes often end up asking to be bailed out. See Argentina and the IMF. And Greece and the EU not too long ago if I am not mistaken.

Archived