Britain's Conservatives in fourth place in EU election poll, Farage leads

rooster59

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I think there is a video of his performance where he said this (or something similar). Not my words. 

Quite the opposite, see my comment. He can’t make much more noise than taking the mic and making everyone yawn. 

Nigel Farage is due to appear on the Andrew Marr shortly, if you hurry you might just catch him.

There also may be some tickets left for the Brexit Rally at Merthyr Tydfil. Thank me later.????

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, blazes said:

Remainers are about to lose their Second Referendum!!!!!

Well, we have had a simple majority in a binary question (yes or no) referendum.

We have had a general election, using the "first past the post "system, in which both the two biggest parties stood on manifestoes to leave the EU.

This general election, we are told, produced a representative democracy, which passed an act of parliament, by a thumping majority, confirming that we would leave the EU.

Now we are about to have an election, using proportional representation, which rather looks as if it is going to confirm the electorates wish to leave the EU.

Perhaps it is time to change the question...

55 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Wel already know his type of people. We already know how to fight against his type. He wouldn't have a chance. 

Perhaps I could urge caution when it comes to declaring on which side the Finns know to fight - given their somewhat enthusiastic and misguided participation with the Germans in the last major round of European fighting?

3 minutes ago, oilinki said:

I guess Farage is only going to state his already very old slogans and not to offer any new ideas.

He is a machine which simply repeats himself. Again and again and again. 

Farage is a man lack of new ideas. Boring talking head. 

Clearly, you've never heard Mr T Blair, Mr G Brown, Mrs T May, Mr P Hammond (to mention only a minuscule number of available names for Boring Liar of the Year)  speak in public.  Beside them, Farage is a veritable Churchill..... 

6 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I would vote for her also, though I would be worried that if voting for Farage made you a Faragist, and Corbyn made you a Corbynist, would voting fore Sade..............................

I think it was the Sunday Times which said if Labour win the next election it will be Corbygeddon

20 minutes ago, Bang Bang said:

I don't have a dog in the Brexit fight but find it fascinating nevertheless.

In any case, you might be wrong because countries ringing up massive deficits owing to lavish social welfare schemes often end up asking to be bailed out. See Argentina and the IMF. And Greece and the EU not too long ago if I am not mistaken.

I accept your arguments because they are more punctual. But I criticize here the polemical propaganda, which is in fact wrong.

The fact is, that citizens pensions are paid by the respective countries and not by the EU. In this case i condemn the suggestive propaganda that the EU pays the pensions of EU citizens. 

The posted propaganda picture is just stupid and in fact wrong.

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

Nigel Farage is due to appear on the Andrew Marr shortly, if you hurry you might just catch him.

Thanks, but I don’t watch the likes of Farage, Trump and Co. 

30 minutes ago, vogie said:

There also may be some tickets left for the Brexit Rally at Merthyr Tydfil. Thank me later.????

Given the success of his Sunderland march I assume there must be more than some tickets left. 

1 minute ago, Jonnapat said:

"" Farage leads"" 

A true disaster in the making. I'm ashamed to be British with the current state of affairs.

A truly incompetent government and an opposition that doesn't know what to do. 

Hats off to your statement.

This is really a good short description of the situation.

Nigel has been fighting for Brexit for 25 years. Well his war rhetoric is often inappropriate and not very smooth.

That's why 95% of the EU Parliament does not take him seriously anymore.

But what bothers me is that he has no plausible plan for the Brexit event afterwards. There really is no parliamentary party that would like to negotiate about working together with him after Brexit. There were too many baseless personal insults in the past from his side.

The big-mouthed politics of the scorched earth will not pay off.

But if the voters of the Uk want to send him back to the EU Parliament, then it should be.

11 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

We don't give a flying fig what the EU Parliament thinks or hadn't you noticed.  Jeez.

1 minute ago, tomacht8 said:

Is ok.

But then do not ask about a trade agreement then.

The electorate wants no deal and we'll sort the agreements / treaties thereafter.  Don't be led by the Tories as they've not got a clue, obviously.  

15 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Nigel has been fighting for Brexit for 25 years. Well his war rhetoric is often inappropriate and not very smooth.

But what bothers me is that he has no plausible plan for the Brexit event afterwards. There really is no parliamentary party that would like to negotiate about working together with him after Brexit. There were too many baseless personal insults in the past from his side.

But if the voters of the Uk want to send him back to the EU Parliament, then it should be.

He only has 0.13% of the vote why would anyone in Europe need to take him seriously. In fact why would anyone take the European Parliament seriously, they are the only democratic parliament in the world which can't enact legislation....they are rubber stampers.

His only concern at the moment is doing really well in the European elections as a platform to the UKGE. If that happens I would expect to see a broad manifesto.

1 minute ago, OneEyedPie said:

The electorate wants no deal and we'll sort the agreements / treaties thereafter.  Don't be led by the Tories as they've not got a clue, obviously.  

Well there are people you would not even trust the keys to the company toillet.

Let alone the responsibility for the population of a whole country.

Nice that you have the authority to speak for the entire population.

32 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Farage doesn't have a manifesto, only slogans. Farage supports the right of centre movements, he even gave a speech at an AfD event, plus his repulsive fawning over trump. The guy is conning the UK public if they believe he is a supporter of Democracy.

I would assume Farage's claims re Brexit have never successfully passed a fact check process

23 minutes ago, aright said:

He only has 0.13% of the vote why would anyone in Europe need to take him seriously. In fact why would anyone take the European Parliament seriously, they are the only democratic parliament in the world which can't enact legislation....they are rubber stampers.

His only concern at the moment is doing really well in the European elections as a platform to the UKGE. If that happens I would expect to see a broad manifesto.

What other form of cooperation should there be? 5 meter high barbed wire at the borders? If we keep an eye on the well-being of our children, we must work peacefully together. At the moment we are 28 countries under the European bell.

Explain to me another alternative that brings peace and prosperity and I will listen.

11 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Farage doesn't have a manifesto, only slogans. Farage supports the right of centre movements, he even gave a speech at an AfD event, plus his repulsive fawning over trump. The guy is conning the UK public if they believe he is a supporter of Democracy.

I would assume Farage's claims re Brexit have never successfully passed a fact check process

Not your problem.  This is a matter for us Brits.  Nothing personal but your opinion means zilch.

17 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Not your problem.  This is a matter for us Brits.  Nothing personal but your opinion means zilch.

Wow.

Ok.

Better we let ur brits alone.

Why Trade? 

Why Talk?

So is your Problem.

Ok.

But do not send then Farage to us then. 

Please can u say that to him:

Not your Problem.

Unfortunately, problems from the UK overwhelm us.

The UK as a stabilizing constant on the world stage breaks away.

And nobody knows in which direction it Breaks.

The UK the new greece, not financial but geopolitical.

21 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

What other form of cooperation should there be? 5 meter high barbed wire at the borders? If we keep an eye on the well-being of our children, we must work peacefully together. At the moment we are 28 countries under the European bell.

Explain to me another alternative that brings peace and prosperity and I will listen.

I didn't vote leave for what it was I voted leave because of what the EU has morphed into (lack of democracy etc etc you have heard all the arguments)  and what it will eventually become. People are not voting for extreme parties because they are happy with the EU, quite the contrary.

8 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Quite the opposite. 

This is a matter of the western way of living with our freedoms.

You might not like it, but many of us do. We also do protect what is dear to us. 

It is obvious that British brexit hardliners do not understand Finland and the situation  from many other countries in the EU. Unfortunately sometimes the knowledge is missing. 

11 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Wow.

Ok.

Better we let ur brits alone.

Why Trade? 

Why Talk?

So is your Problem.

Ok.

But do not send then Farage to us then. 

Please can u say that to him:

Not your Problem.

Unfortunately, problems from the UK overwhelm us.

The UK as a stabilizing constant on the world stage breaks away.

And nobody knows in which direction it Breaks.

The UK the new greece, not financial but geopolitical.

Don't think the UK will be a new Greece.  The Greeks have far more intelligence as a nation.

13 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Quite the opposite. 

This is a matter of the western way of living with our freedoms.

You might not like it, but many of us do. We also do protect what is dear to us

24hrs ago you were fawning over Russia & referring to westerners as 'you/them'.

4 minutes ago, aright said:

I didn't vote leave for what it was I voted leave because of what the EU has morphed into (lack of democracy etc etc you have heard all the arguments)  and what it will eventually become. People are not voting for extreme parties because they are happy with the EU, quite the contrary.

The consensus of 28 countries will never lead to a common euphoria. The EU will (unfortunately) always lead to a common denominator at the lowest level. But what, better alternative exists then? Let me know please.

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

The consensus of 28 countries will never lead to a common euphoria. The EU will (unfortunately) always lead to a common denominator at the lowest level. But what, better alternative exists then? Let me know please.

I would have thought it obvious, I voted leave...…...that's my alternative... a free independent country.  

2 minutes ago, oilinki said:

Hmm, was I?

I do prefer co-operation between us, the Western world and them, the Russia, so that we don't have a nuclear mayhem to deal with. 

I do prefer our western freedoms over the Soviet restrictions, which Brexit for me presents.

So it was a royal 'we' all along?

You'd do well to recall that a good liar needs a good memory (& preferably keep off the turps). 

1 minute ago, aright said:

I would have thought it obvious, I voted leave...…...that's my alternative... a free independent country.  

I can accept that. It is better to attribute it to it: peaceful. I love your dream of a country that can take care of itself and does not hurt anyone. Unfortunately, the UK is currently unable to take care of itself. The UK relies on food imports.

6 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I can accept that. It is better to attribute it to it: peaceful. I love your dream of a country that can take care of itself and does not hurt anyone. Unfortunately, the UK is currently unable to take care of itself. The UK relies on food imports.

Seriously, get a grip.

Archived