Sattahip & Navy areas ?

Pattaya46

Hi. When looking at Sattahip on GoogleMaps and activating StreetView, it seems than only a small central part of the city (blue lines) is accessible and that the whole East and West is Navy restricted area?? There are a few restaurants shown in these area though, and many users-posted pics along Dongtan Beach.

So my question: How can we access these places? Is it reserved to Thai people? (ID?) Can we walk along the beach? ...

Thanks

Sattahip-sv.jpg

We usually go to another Navy beach called Sai Kaew.  Enter from Sukhumvit at Navy base gate, stop and trade ID card for a vehicle pass allowing you to drive through the base to another gate where you have to pay a fee to enter.  Weekdays less crowded and you can drive your own car up and over the mountain and down to the beach.  Weekends, must take one of the provided Songthaew due to parking limitations at the beach.     At least that's how it used to be.... haven't been down there for quite some time.

Sai Kaew Google Maps

image.png.e17f5782c93bb238516dddec8f060e5a.png

Two years ago I could ride my bike all over the military areas. The only one gated are where only thai IDs could drive through was at east end of dongtan beach and for just about 1 km stretch of road. Gate on the other side on road 3126. The restricted residental area is not even a beach. Nang ram Beach was about the nicest there. It has a small fee. Never paid to that rude guy selling tickets to Sai Kaeew beach so have not seen it.

On 5/12/2019 at 12:44 PM, 55Jay said:

We usually go to another Navy beach called Sai Kaew.  Enter from Sukhumvit at Navy base gate, stop and trade ID card for a vehicle pass allowing you to drive through the base to another gate where you have to pay a fee to enter.  Weekdays less crowded and you can drive your own car up and over the mountain and down to the beach.  Weekends, must take one of the provided Songthaew due to parking limitations at the beach.     At least that's how it used to be.... haven't been down there for quite some time.

Sai Kaew Google Maps

image.png.e17f5782c93bb238516dddec8f060e5a.png

Exactly the way it is now, was there couple of weeks ago, was low tide when we arrived, definitely not a good time. 

I lived in Ban Saray for 8 years. Went to Sattahip at least 4 times a week. Walked anywhere I wanted including the lovely park. Can walk on the beach to your heart's content.

I wasn't interested in going into any Naval bases there (had enough access to the Navy beside me in Ban Saray). school.

Beautiful beaches in U-tapow also.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:43 PM, dotpoom said:

// Walked anywhere I wanted including the lovely park. Can walk on the beach to your heart's content. //

Thanks for your reply, but unsure of what you mean. The park is clearly in the middle of the central non-military area of Satthaip (blue area on the map above) so no problem to access it. Same for the part of beach just South of it. My access question was about the big areas East and West of this blue area...??

Edit: from @zhangxifu post above, East of Dongtan Beach is Thai ID only.

• 1 month later...

Old thread but if still of interest the Navy base to the east of the lake (which in nice to walk around has for a few years been no non Thai. Same with the beach -i.e. you can not walk along the beach front.  If you play golf .. you can get close ???? As non Thai can be member of the golf club.

Archived