Over budget

jimmyyy

I need to cut around 300 from this build.  I am not an experienced builder but looking for a solid fast system.  I do some light video editing and play some games.  Most of the time i am on you tube or cruising the forums.  Wifi is a huge like i would want the mother board to have that.  I wont do any overclocking. 

Here is what i have picked so far.  

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/KwtfQZ

If you gotta cut, you gotta. Change CPU to i5-8400, stock cooler. Buy motherboard for less than $100; add wifi dongle B150. RAM, 8 not 16. SSD, 500 GB not 1 TB. Case, < $100. That should about do it. 

25%, tough, in fact, I'd suggest a beefier PSU?

Assuming you're a gamer, hard to choose. CPU? MB?

Amazing how inexpensive these M.2 drives are now, was suggesting a smaller one but clearly at $110 not a lot to be saved.

Radeon RX 580 = 8 GB

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 - 8 core

that is a 300$ saving.......... then I have never used a 'Intel' in my life and many many builds

Use a 500 GB Solid State drive, the saving could go to a better PSU and a liquid cooler for the CPU

Myself for 22$ more would use the Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L RGB CPU cooler.

in a case with not many fans... [myself have a Azza Full tower, 4 x 22" fans + 5 x 12" fans]

Thermaltake 750w gold is very little extra [is what I have]

I am a bit scared of utilizing a liquid cooler.  Never used a AMD chip, i will go on you tube and see what i find.  Thank you all for the suggestions.  By stronger PSU, do you think i won't have a large enough one.  I may just order and wait till i get paid again and finish off the order.  So many decisions these days makes it hard to choose.

If you don't overclock you don't need a special CPU cooler. The original Intel is just fine.

You don't need a hardcore gamer and over clocker motherboard. Chose a medium range from the same brand: ASUS.

You don't need any special RAMs. The make about no difference. Just buy standard Kingston RAM or something like that.

The CPU and Graphic card depend very much on which games you play. Probably smaller models will do the job for most games - but it's some time ago that I played these kind of games.

I would not reduce the amount of RAM. And the power supply should be good enough.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

25%, tough, in fact, I'd suggest a beefier PSU?

Estimated wattage: 319w.

Assuming you're a gamer, hard to choose. CPU? MB?

Both.

Amazing how inexpensive these M.2 drives are now, was suggesting a smaller one but clearly at $110 not a lot to be saved.

$60, 20% towards the goal.

The games i play are World of warcraft 2, which is done through a dosbox thingy.  I like to play battlefield 3 as well.  That is really about it.  I would never overclock as i don't really understand how that works.  For video editing, i play with my cell phone videos of the kids and send them to grandma back in the states.  Perhaps it may be better to ask this question as you all seem to be in the know.  What parts should i buy?  I would like to keep the budget around 35,000 baht.  I will order parts either from Lazada or that IT group in Hoi Hin, unless there is somewhere better.  Really appreciate any assistance, its a decent chunk of money for me to spend that does not directly help the kids.  The kids are getting my current PC, i will have the new one. 

40 minutes ago, jimmyyy said:

The games i play are World of warcraft 2, which is done through a dosbox thingy.  I like to play battlefield 3 as well.  That is really about it.  I would never overclock as i don't really understand how that works.  For video editing, i play with my cell phone videos of the kids and send them to grandma back in the states.  Perhaps it may be better to ask this question as you all seem to be in the know.  What parts should i buy?  I would like to keep the budget around 35,000 baht.  I will order parts either from Lazada or that IT group in Hoi Hin, unless there is somewhere better.  Really appreciate any assistance, its a decent chunk of money for me to spend that does not directly help the kids.  The kids are getting my current PC, i will have the new one. 

Your current build (w/ my suggestions) allows you a lot of headroom--which could be a good thing. I mean, you really might wanna move up from Battlefield 3 to Call Of Duty, at least. But if the above is all you're ever going to do, then you can cut another $200 or so for a pretty basic machine. You'll probably get plenty of suggestions (as above) but keep in mind that coming here to ask about a modest build is about like coming into a gym full of preening bodybuilders and asking about "toning." Soon you'll be doing supersets twice a day, hitting a tattoo parlor, and regularly visiting a clinic. ???? Stay balanced. Here's a search:

https://www.google.com/search?num=30&hl=en&ei=GvDYXLzEOKScvQTg_47ICw&q=budget+gaming+build+under+1000+2019&oq=budget+gaming+build+under+1000+2019&gs_l=psy-ab.3...19536.22704..23205...1.0..0.113.849.9j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i8i30j0i8i7i30.aUAlVcKiiDQ

that you may adjust as needed and compare. 

2 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

I am a bit scared of utilizing a liquid cooler.  Never used a AMD chip, i will go on you tube and see what i find.  Thank you all for the suggestions.  By stronger PSU, do you think i won't have a large enough one.  I may just order and wait till i get paid again and finish off the order.  So many decisions these days makes it hard to choose.

There was a time when PCs needed powerful power supplies. Now most of the time they don't use much power anymore.

I would be very surprised if your selected power supply would not be sufficient. And I build many PCs.

22 hours ago, JSixpack said:

If you gotta cut, you gotta. Change CPU to i5-8400, stock cooler. Buy motherboard for less than $100; add wifi dongle B150. RAM, 8 not 16. SSD, 500 GB not 1 TB. Case, < $100. That should about do it. 

There is already a suggested build within the OP's budget on their Home page; https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/X77Ycf/great-amd-gamingstreaming-build

Build.png.5fc5b5a87d9bcaae92fbad971ab5870c.pngBuild1.png.2dba81530703514348f743b6871cf97e.pngBuild2.png.b931331010e8a05abfca52229612f3b9.png

2 hours ago, KneeDeep said:

There is already a suggested build within the OP's budget on their Home page; https://pcpartpicker.com/guide/X77Ycf/great-amd-gamingstreaming-buld

Which should be thoughtfully analyzed and compared w/ other builds, applying some brainpower, not just blindly accepted 'cause it's on their home page. For example, as Teohelm says,

This is not a good build at all. Where do I begin? Let us just go in order. The motherboard has bad ratings and has problems including boards being DOA and headers not working and even one frying out a cases led's. . . . .

You haven't made out a case at all that this is optimal for the OP's needs, and in fact it isn't.

jimmyyy, I might call your attention to https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ Very active, lot of gurus posting there who live and breathe building PCs, and posters are in general a lot nicer than here. Scroll thru, see what's there already, post your question. Easy signup. 

I was researching components yesterday on JIB. They have a DIY package on promotion this month without the HDD for 25,490 baht. This is 15,000 baht less than your build list price.  With this savings, you can add the HDD you want and/or upgrade the SSD. The 6-core Ryzen 5 CPU is a solid performer including when gaming.  I used an AS Rock motherboard in my build and would make it my first choice for the next one. Here's the link to JIB.   https://www.jib.co.th/web/product/product_list/3/37

15 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Which should be thoughtfully analyzed and compared w/ other builds, applying some brainpower, not just blindly accepted 'cause it's on their home page. For example, as Teohelm says,

This is not a good build at all. Where do I begin? Let us just go in order. The motherboard has bad ratings and has problems including boards being DOA and headers not working and even one frying out a cases led's. . . . .

You haven't made out a case at all that this is optimal for the OP's needs, and in fact it isn't.

jimmyyy, I might call your attention to https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/ Very active, lot of gurus posting there who live and breathe building PCs, and posters are in general a lot nicer than here. Scroll thru, see what's there already, post your question. Easy signup. 

What nonsense you post. Why would I need to make a case that it is optimal for the needs of the OP? Have you done that?

I've at least posted benchmarks and comparisons. Have you?

It is an example within budget, of which I highlighted parts that I did think worthy. The OP can read the comments and take it from there.

There is no requirement to follow the listing exactingly. 

Is this you making your case, explaining why it is optimal for the OP?

If you gotta cut, you gotta. Change CPU to i5-8400, stock cooler. Buy motherboard for less than $100; add wifi dongle B150. RAM, 8 not 16. SSD, 500 GB not 1 TB. Case, < $100

I am simply a contributor to the thread. Making suggestions just as valid as yours if not more so, as I don't feel the need to try to make someone else look less competent in order to make myself appear more knowledgeable. 

I actually thought you were dead.

6 hours ago, jimmyyy said:

Thanks for the link i am looking at it now.

The Graphics card is inferior to all of your choices thus far. Apart from it being a no-name card, wherein it will be difficult to find any numbers that have benchmarked it, it is somewhat inferior to the Ti variation.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1660-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1660-Ti/4038vs4037

Use the site above to help make comparisons. 

On 5/14/2019 at 2:39 AM, KneeDeep said:

What nonsense you post. Why would I need to make a case that it is optimal for the needs of the OP? Have you done that?

‘Cause you’re pointing him to a specific build and as a noob the OP can’t make an informed analysis.
If I were doing the same, then I would have done the work, yes—which I don’t have time to do. At a glance I would also have changed the power supply to a Seasonic but then I’d have had to justify that and go find one at Jedicool, out of integrity. He was doing pretty good. He should come back w/ his latest build and get more confusion added. ????

I've at least posted benchmarks and comparisons. Have you?

See answer above. A crappy build might well have a higher benchmark of course. ????

It is an example within budget, of which I highlighted parts that I did think worthy. The OP can read the comments and take it from there.

Or you could bother to read the comments yourself, since you’re giving the example, then not give it as an example, even though it’s on the homepage. Got a part you like better than the OP’s part, just give that, after research.

Yep, some graphics cards are faster and more expensive than others. You found one. To judge what’s “worthy” for the OP, you need to look at value, power requirements (maybe PSU then), price/availabilty in Thailand, and overall fit for the build, budget, and needs. Does he need to pay more for that card to play Battlefield 3?

There is no requirement to follow the listing exactingly.

If he’s buying from Thai suppliers, then he couldn’t possibly—which you might have pointed out.

I actually thought you were dead.

Assumptions, assumptions.

Archived