XXXL underwear and clothes

carbon007

This topic has been here before - but as far as I can see back in 2011 and the answers are not usable anymore.

My question is simple: where in CNX can one buy underwear (and shirts) for men in size XXL and XXXL?

If not in CNX then where in BKK?

I am not obese just tall and need usable sizes.

One cannot rely on the sizes given by internet companies.

Would really appreciate an advise. Thank you.

PS I  can of course go to a tailor but before that I try this option.

Numerous shops around CM that sell large clothes .

Airport plaza in the basement , about ten shops from the supermarket there is a shop that sells large shirts and T-shirts , and theres a shop on the ground floor there , that also sells large shirts 

always need to be aware of local tailors!

- when thry measure you up... to save on costs, they measure you 'exact'

- as such, don't expect any concealed extra material within, to allow for later on adjustments

MBK 5th floor lots of shops selling xxx and probably even bigger. You wont find any high Fashion though. There is one shop I think on 2nd or 3rd floor that sells Polo style shirts and shorts in Rich high quality cotton in xxx sizes but they not cheap but probably the best quality you will find in Bangkok. I dont member the name sorry but it stands out and its a corner shop. Im 6,3" and have the same problem

51 minutes ago, tifino said:

always need to be aware of local tailors!

- when thry measure you up... to save on costs, they measure you 'exact'

- as such, don't expect any concealed extra material within, to allow for later on adjustments

Just take in a shirt with a fitting & style that works for you & have them duplicate and size to match....

31 minutes ago, carbon007 said:

Have tried Lazada. Very few items large size. And when buy XXL it is not XXL when it arrives (even though the label in item says so. So have to see before buy.

If i compare the size of shirts in Thailand to shirts in Germany, Thailand is just about one size smaller. I assume in other western countries it's similar, so if in your home country you usually buy XXL here in Thailand you need to buy XXXL.

The lighting isn't good & not all are ironed - some, even inside out (washed that way).....

But, this is about 1/2 of what I've had made here when I ran into the same problem - some of the others are just daytime wear, knock around cotton.....

I'm not small at 6'4" 112k.....

I've gotten a lot of wear from these.....

Last year when we went to the states I found the RV closet packed full of Nike Dri Fit golf shirts that I'd forgotten about & brought about a dozen back with me....

The custom option is very doable here....You can pick up the colors & patterns you like at Worowat market & have them tailored to match an existing shirt you like....I like the henley/baseball/Thai style collars.....

IMG20190512165412.jpg

23 minutes ago, jackdd said:

If i compare the size of shirts in Thailand to shirts in Germany, Thailand is just about one size smaller. I assume in other western countries it's similar, so if in your home country you usually buy XXL here in Thailand you need to buy XXXL.

At least one size smaller, then the cheaper ones shrink with washing.

It's the shorts that get me.

Every pair of jeans, shorts or trousers I've worn for the last 10 years state 34'' waist.

I have to buy the 38 label in Thailand.

38 what? Even against each other of the same size, there's often a difference of an inch or two.

You really have to try clothes on before purchase here, nothing is regular.

Decathlon in Tesco HD has some pretty large sporty-type shirts (I wear a US XL and their largest size is too big for me).  Like the shirts at the import shop on Huay Kaew previously mentioned, though, while they fit OK in the shoulders (an issue for me- I don't have a big gut, though), they tend to be on the short side if you're tall (I'm 187cm)- I'd like them to be a bit longer.

On 5/12/2019 at 4:35 PM, DonDoRondo said:

The Export Store on Huay Kaew / south side of the street / just before HWY 121 has

some XXL clothing and I believe I saw some XXXL tee shirts the last time I was there.

IMO their selection of large sizes was better before they closed for 2 years for remodeling.

I Think this shop has been closed for some years nov. There is a motor bike shop instead? Or are you thinking of another shop?

On 5/13/2019 at 12:49 AM, elektrified said:

Go to the Pratunam market and you will find everything you can imagine. It's the most amazing clothing mall in the world. They literally have everything.

Isnt that in Bangkok ?

I buy my boxers at Robinsons, xx  & xxx sizes fit pretty good & are comfortable, Jackeroo is the brand I get when I see them. I grab tshirts and shorts at the Jutta Juk mall when we are in Bangkok, you can find them elsewhere if you look around

15 hours ago, carbon007 said:

I Think this shop has been closed for some years nov. There is a motor bike shop instead? Or are you thinking of another shop?

It's just before (second or third building back) the intersection of Suthep Road on Huay Kaew on the left side heading toward the zoo.  It's a big building with decorative vintage gas pumps out front- you can't miss it.

1 hour ago, flare said:

It's just before (second or third building back) the intersection of Suthep Road on Huay Kaew on the left side heading toward the zoo.  It's a big building with decorative vintage gas pumps out front- you can't miss it.

Suthep Road does not intersect with Huay Kaew Road? Do you mean intersection with Canal Road (road 121)?

On 5/15/2019 at 5:48 PM, Trujillo said:

Shirts: A shop in Meechok Plaza (ask around), and in the breezeway to the food court in Makro. 

The place in Makro is excellent for t-shirts. They have every color you could imagine. 100% cotton and they last a long time.

Just remember Asian produced size XXXL is barely equivalent to XL in the west.

My advice would be ignore labels and ask the measurement or carry a tailors tape (cloth type tape) in your pocket and check the garments.

download (2).jpeg

13 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Just remember Asian produced size XXXL is barely equivalent to XL in the west.

My advice would be ignore labels and ask the measurement or carry a tailors tape (cloth type tape) in your pocket and check the garments.

download (2).jpeg

Thank you. Fully agree. That is one reason why one cannot rely on internet sales companies. I carry a measurer in my pocket and also have a good tailor

Archived