Plane Ticket?

Be aware that almost all the Asian carriers will require you to produce the card that you booked the ticket with before they will allow you to board - a friend of mine booked online and had his wallet stolen about a week later, thinking nothing of it he went to Suvarnabhumi but was refused boarding, which caused all kinds of problems, ended up having to buy a new ticket, but they refunded the original ticket to his card so was more of a hindrance than a financial issue.

If you book online with the carrier's website, you should get a good rate, but the websites like Kayak, Skyscanner and Expedia can usually offer a lower rate, and booking through a third party means that you won't be asked to show the card when checking in. Last time I needed to buy a ticket BKK-LHR, I bought a ticket from a travel agent near Khao San Road for 12000 baht which was about £50 less than the price on the carrier's website (Eva air - my favourite airline by far).

48 minutes ago, OneEyedPie said:

Can you please elaborate a lot, DaRoadrunner.  Where from and where to, what class, budget etc.  

Bkk - Germany return, economy, 3 month return validity. Wish I could get a flexible open return date but they don't seem to do this anymore.

4 hours ago, OneEyedPie said:

Budget? Which leads on to direct or indirect?  Thanks.

Would like direct but wish to compare with one that stops about half way, I like to get out and stretch my long legs. I don't fly well, .... strictly a land animal.

EUROwings, owned by LH, will be the cheapest, nonstop to DUS-replaces the old AirBerlin. Need to book fixed both legs and now works like most budget/billigflieger. Prices can change enormously with season-avoid the german holiday-crush. Often has serious delays!

Use skyscanner or googleflights to compare the usual and well known airlines-tip: if you can book advance, SWISS often has very reasonable fares. Depending on where to in DE, start with FRA but also check other local airprots and MUC, perhaps even AMS for Rhein-Ruhr.

In stead of fully open=means the highest unrestricted IATA farebox, on bisnis-level, most airlines offer fares (can usually only see on airline-own-site) that can be changed for 50/100 eur, but generally only in same bucket of fare-level-pay more if that is exhausted. Again SWISS is often very good for that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, champers said:

Buying online direct with an airline can be best. Much depends on where you are flying from and to. If you need a travel agent, please say where you live.

Sorry fro delayed response. Its is Bkk to Germany.

Archived