Post Office vs Red Box

AAArdvark

Near me there is a small office called Red Box.  One of the things written on the window says Post.  There is also a similar place in Maya Mall near the Rimping Marked but I don't remember the name.

What do they do and what do they do that is different than the Post Office?

1 hour ago, elektrified said:

a post office is opening there very soon.

Thanks for the info,  I am close to Maya so the new PO will be great.  Do you know where exactly?  In the mean time, I'll just do long long walk to KSK.

9 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

Thanks for the info,  I am close to Maya so the new PO will be great.  Do you know where exactly?  In the mean time, I'll just do long long walk to KSK.

It's under construction now. Should be almost complete. I believe it is on the 2nd? 3rd? Floor near the Chinese party goods shop.

First, I found the under construction Post Office at Maya.  But things went downhill from there.

I started my day with a trip with overpriced Tuk Tuk #1 to go to the PO at KSK.

PO informed me that they can't mail cell phones

Overpriced Tuk Tuk #2 to Maya Mall

Went to the shipping place next to Rimping Market

The young lady was totally out of it, I thought she was drunk.  She kept filling out the wrong forms and giving me the wrong prices and selecting United States Virgin Islands.

When she gave me the price of almost ฿3000 for a 1kg small box, I told her I would buy her a plane ticket to the US and she could hand carry it.  But, she said that it is not allowed for anyone to carry a cell phone on a plane!  I asked why, if no one can have a cell phone, why do they tell you to turn them off?  Hopefully she will get some sleep and stop telling customers that she needs more coffee.

Anyway, Amazon is going to reimburse me for the shipping charges.

2 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

First, I found the under construction Post Office at Maya.  But things went downhill from there.

I started my day with a trip with overpriced Tuk Tuk #1 to go to the PO at KSK.

PO informed me that they can't mail cell phones

Overpriced Tuk Tuk #2 to Maya Mall

Went to the shipping place next to Rimping Market

The young lady was totally out of it, I thought she was drunk.  She kept filling out the wrong forms and giving me the wrong prices and selecting United States Virgin Islands.

When she gave me the price of almost ฿3000 for a 1kg small box, I told her I would buy her a plane ticket to the US and she could hand carry it.  But, she said that it is not allowed for anyone to carry a cell phone on a plane!  I asked why, if no one can have a cell phone, why do they tell you to turn them off?  Hopefully she will get some sleep and stop telling customers that she needs more coffee.

Anyway, Amazon is going to reimburse me for the shipping charges.

Assuming a "cell phone" is the same thing as a mobile, then you can not post the battery by Airmail. It is against the law. It's not a question of the mobile itself, rather the battery.

2 hours ago, elektrified said:

Assuming a "cell phone" is the same thing as a mobile, then you can not post the battery by Airmail. It is against the law. It's not a question of the mobile itself, rather the battery.

That makes sense except the Post Office lady said "electronics" and then said "cannot scan".

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

Will the Thai government issue the insurance? How else can an old dude get reasonable insurance?

?????????????????

The Post Office insures packages not people.

Archived