HELP PLEASE!

I'm soon to do my first RV renewal in BKK having done so previously in Pattaya. I have the necessary money in the bank and it's been there the appropriate time. I keep reading about the hours people wait at CW for RV renewals and wonder if it is possible/ worth it to pay an agent to speed things up on the day?

If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows of a good/reliable agent who could make things happen quickly, please let me know! I don't need to 'borrow' the B800,000, just someone who can steer a novice at CW through the procedure that so many here have problems with.

Thanks for any and all useful information ????

Orientfan, 

I used TSL Associates on Wireless road across from US embassy before. Excellent service at CW. Quick in and out. I had the money in bank too. I also used Express Translations on Sukhumvit road near Wireless road for Marriage and they were excellent. I think they do yearly extension renewals too. There's also Bangkok Buddy's on Sukhumvit. Just need to google them for contact info.

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, orientfan said:

I'm soon to do my first RV renewal in BKK having done so previously in Pattaya. I have the necessary money in the bank and it's been there the appropriate time. I keep reading about the hours people wait at CW for RV renewals and wonder if it is possible/ worth it to pay an agent to speed things up on the day?

If anyone has been in a similar situation or knows of a good/reliable agent who could make things happen quickly, please let me know! I don't need to 'borrow' the B800,000, just someone who can steer a novice at CW through the procedure that so many here have problems with.

Did you move to Bangkok after getting your extension last year in Pattaya?

4 hours ago, BertM said:

I used TSL Associates on Wireless road across from US embassy before. Excellent service at CW. Quick in and out. I had the money in bank too. I also used Express Translations on Sukhumvit road near Wireless road for Marriage and they were excellent. I think they do yearly extension renewals too. There's also Bangkok Buddy's on Sukhumvit. Just need to google them for contact info.

Are the prices reasonable like less than 10K? Can a person living in Pattaya use their services? 

1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Did you move to Bangkok after getting your extension last year in Pattaya?

Are the prices reasonable like less than 10K? Can a person living in Pattaya use their services? 

Lots of these services in Pattaya 

Thanks for interesting replies. Yes, it's a visa extension renewal based on retirement. And I have moved to Bangkok since last year's renewal. Renewal seems a straightforward from in Pattaya and CM but protracted and problematic at CW.
Any further thoughts or recommendations are welcome.

Most likely already mentioned. Make sure you do your TM28 since you have changed residence and TM30. TM30 most likely not asked for at CW but do it anyway. To obtain car licence you will need to obtain "certificate of residence" you could obtain that while at CW. That's when the TM30 would crop up.

Have a map of where you live and update bankbook. All the main banks are in the building so do it on day of application and make small deposit at same time. Its done at desk not teller. About 200 baht for "bank letter" for service and 100 deposit. Have your form tm7 all filled in walk past people obtaining forms and obtain your ticket. Then go to bank for your letter. I always take copy of my lease. Sometimes they don't take it. This last time io did. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

4 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

I've got my own vacuum cleaner but I still employ a maid

It's OK then, if you need someone to hold your hand.

the maid will be very pleased you have a vacuum cleaner,

much easier for her,than a brush.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

It takes no time at all. Don't waste money on an agent. All you need is the 800000 baht with letter form the bank, or the 65K a month deposits. Plus you might need your partner and her blue book. A couple of photos (can be done at immigration), a few pages of your passport to be copies (can be done at immigration), and 6800 baht for extension and multiple entry and you are good to go. Takes no time at all.

14 hours ago, wisperone said:

I would guess retirement visa

Get there early, >09.00, get your queue ticket first, then fill in the forms, get yr bank letter and have a coffee. Roughly 10 numbers /hr. Interview 6-8 min. New ploy at Chaengwattana is to hold passports over lunch time, so have lunch and you're out at 13.15. Simple.

Edited by jgarbo