HELP PLEASE!

17 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Using an agent is the lazy man's route. 

Don't knock laziness. There's even a book you can buy on Amazon called "Procrastination & Laziness" which highlights the virtues of both. Sir Humphrey Appleby in Yes Prime Minister recommended "masterful inactivity".  I once worked with someone whose management technique was "creative inertia" - always leave an underling's question unanswered for 24 hours; they would usually have worked it out for themselves by then

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Are you a young person?

Getting older changes your perspective, and hopefully you are financially sound when you are older. That means your time becomes more valuable to you than money. One is running out, the other you cannot take with you. Another issue is it becomes a bit more arduous to do the task yourself as your body begins to let you down. A long drive, sitting waiting wanting the facilities, confusion. 

Saying they are 'lazy' is oversimplifying. 

Exactly. Thank you Jacko. I concur.

• Like 2

On 5/13/2019 at 1:04 AM, BritTim said:

In context, I am sure he is saying "Retirement Visa renewal" by which he means a further extension of his permission to stay on the basis of retirement.

After being a member of this forum for many years, I am still wondering why so many members need to disrupt every thread with their endless nosepicking.

The political correct wording of a visa extension is not going to change anything on what this poster is asking.
Visa renewal; Extension of permission to stay; or whatever, I have no problem to understand what this person is talking about.

This person is asking for information about the use if an agent to do his Visa extension.
Not why he wants to chose for an agent.
Read the OP before jumping in.
If you have too much time on your hands, and the only useful meaning of your life is to jump in on every thread with such remarks, I would suggest that you find the nearest high building and jump off that building (taking care not to cause to much trouble for other people). 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

After being a member of this forum for many years, I am still wondering why so many members need to disrupt every thread with their endless nosepicking.

The political correct wording of a visa extension is not going to change anything on what this poster is asking.
Visa renewal; Extension of permission to stay; or whatever, I have no problem to understand what this person is talking about.

This person is asking for information about the use if an agent to do his Visa extension.
Not why he wants to chose for an agent.
Read the OP before jumping in.
If you have too much time on your hands, and the only useful meaning of your life is to jump in on every thread with such remarks, I would suggest that you find the nearest high building and jump off that building (taking care not to cause to much trouble for other people). 

I agree with you.

• Like 1

I even use an agent for vehicle tax renewal. 

Oops did i jump again?

Back to the OP no I don't know one in Pattaya but happy to recommend one in Bangkok.

Edited by VocalNeal

On 5/13/2019 at 9:45 AM, luckyluke said:

Maybe the same reason one buy a dishwasher despite he can wash his dishes manually.

Ok guys, enough about the daily/weekly/monthly household chores.

First of all, you know how to do these things yourself already if you choose. Second, the extension is an annual thing that you can and should learn to do yourself. In both cases the cost is secondary.

Apples to oranges.

BTW, did you know that there is no word in English that rhymes with orange?

On 5/13/2019 at 8:08 AM, Lenny Jones said:

You are retired.  You have the time, what's the hurry?.  You have the financial requirements - generally the biggest hurdle. All you need to do is to make sure you have all the required paperwork - photos less than 6 months old, medical certificate less than 7 days old, proof of where you live.

Why throw 10-20k baht at an agent?

It's been "rumored" that at some immigration offices stress can be laid upon an applicant.

Haven't you read of such happenings?

• Haha 1

Hi again, I'm the OP. As you know I recently moved from Pattaya to Bangkok. On 1st May I sent a TM28 registered mail and the agent completed the online TM30. We haven't had any reply yet. Is that usual and will I recieve a response or receipt from CW? I enclosed a self addressed envelope.

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

This person posted RV renewal. 

I didn't know what that meant, likely not recreation vehicle. 

No such thing as a retirement visa. 

Now and again the use of incorrect terminology produces an invalid answer... just need to be sure what some guys are actually talking about.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Several baiting posts made to start a bickering session have been removed. A repeat of it will result in a formal warning.

Edit: And now a comment on moderation has been removed.

Edited by ubonjoe

22 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I can work this out by counting up the non-agent users who have positive experiences, against those who have gone through immigration hell. Permit me to doubt you have done the same.

As a serial non-agent user of several years good standing, I am afraid I haven't experienced anything hellish at all.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Should I complain?

8 hours ago, Confuscious said:

Yep I have absolutely no problem either. As far as I am concerned, it's crystal clear that they are, in fact, talking about quarterly trips to Vientiane, Savannakhet, etc for fresh new real genuine McCoy visas of the single-entry non-O variety.

Edited by OJAS
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, rott said:

Many people do mix socially and not just online, so sharing experiences with immigration and the business of extensions and visas does come up from time to time.

Meeting with fellow 'strangers in paradise' and discussing their differing experiences at immigration offices?

That sounds all a bit sad to me. I prefer to chat about much less mundane stuff when I sit down for a yarn and limit the 'agent wars' to these hallowed pages.

I suppose it is really up to the individual.

But it is interesting know how different people go about renewing visa’s etc.

And there are some very helpful people willing to share there knowledge.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:15 AM, jacko45k said:

Some people have better things to do with the time and the money is not a big deal to them. Others may be short on patience. 

Also short on expertise, experience and influence!

• Like 1

Did mine yesterday in Chiang Mai. While I am capable of doing it myself I've found as I've got older time is more precious than money. Used an agent, 3k baht, docs picked up at my home, next day met them at immigration 2pm. At 2.40pm I was getting on my bike with a new stamp in my passport. Oh, and also she had done my 90-day report in the morning for me for free.

Did mine yesterday in Chiang Mai. While I am capable of doing it myself I've found as I've got older time is more precious than money. Used an agent, 3k baht, docs picked up at my home, next day met them at immigration 2pm. At 2.40pm I was getting on my bike with a new stamp in my passport. Oh, and also she had done my 90-day report in the morning for me for free.

Excellent. Name of agent?
  • Thanks 1