Health Insurance for American age 62

I am looking for good coverage for the few years between 62 and 65.  At 65 I will get American Medicare coverage.  yes I know that only covers in the USA.  I am looking to float along in Thailand but want good coverage while there.  I want a policy that direct pays the hospital, has easy or no claims required process.  I am fairly well funded and would not mind self insuring, but I don't mind paying for insurance against big ticket items.  I can afford quite a lot but I am not trying to just spend money.  100 to 200 USD per month seems to be reasonable for Thailand.  I have looked at the Bupa Aetna and the basic platinum of 1,000,000 .  Not sure if the OPD and PLA stuff is worth it.  for my age the estimate for medium of those included was 110000 baht a year.  Doable but not sure that is best.  Maybe 2000000 option with basic OPD and PLA?  Is this coverage good and reliable?  I don't want to run into any of the medical hostage issues.   And does anyone have experience getting treatment, filing claims they can pass on to me?  Which hospitals are available or best to use?  I hear about government hospitals, private hospitals, etc.  I expect to be mostly in the Pattaya area, but could go to Bangkok if recommended

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

I am Passakorn from Muang Thai Life company. As you were looking for reliable and decent healthcare in Thailand, may I provide you some health insurance from my company. This plan could be one of your alternatives to selecting a potential health insurance. This policy starts from 20 MB coverage to 100MB. 

Should you inquire any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Tel 0907138104

Line ID : passakorn.path

Health insurance for 62 .pdf

Archived