Changing to earlier flight - cost of extra 10 days in Thailand

Hi guys,

Current flight is 10 June - 9 July

If I were to change my flight to an earlier date (2 June), how would I go about paying the extra 8 days over and above the one month?

One more question - I booked a one way in then a one way out, so it's not a return ticket. I could just show the one way ticket out at immigration could I?

Used to live in Thailand but lost track of policies now that I'm in China!

Thanks a ton,

Dean

You apparently plan on enter the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry. You can extend that 30 day entry for a fee of 1900 baht at a immigration office.

A return ticket is not a requirement. A one way ticket out of the country to anywhere will be accepted by the airline or immigration if asked to show it.

I hope I am understanding your question correctly. If you decide you want to spend more than 30 days in Thailand you could extend a 30 day Visa Waiver entry for a further 30 days at your nearest immigration office, the cost is 1900 baht. If you failed to do this, you would be on overstay for approximately 8 days from 2-9 July. I would recommend avoiding the overstay. They would fine you 500 baht/day and put a bad-boy stamp in your passport at the airport. If you were caught prior to this you would be detained and put into detention. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Meddle said:

Jacko, so even if it's extending to come at an earlier date, same story, fly in, go straight to immigration office to pay the extra 1,900?

Of course. I doubt they know of your change of plans. You are given a permission to stay for a fixed number of days, from the day you enter. They don't know you brought that forward.  

No need to go straight there, in fact some might tell you to go away and come back later. The last week of the 30 days would be OK. You would need to fill in a TM 7 form, bring passport photo and copies of passport. Most of this can be arranged at the larger immigration offices. 

Edited by jacko45k

2 minutes ago, Meddle said:

They used to have an immigration office at "chaengwattana"

Bangkok immigration is still at Chaeng Wattana.

5 minutes ago, Meddle said:

Jacko, so even if it's extending to come at an earlier date, same story, fly in, go straight to immigration office to pay the extra 1,900?

You have apply for the extension and when accepted you pay the fee.

You can apply for the extension during the last 2 weeks at any immigration in the country if you have a local address to put put on the TM7 application form.

1 minute ago, Meddle said:

Thanks Jacko. I'm going to post a separate topic about the Thai bike license now ???? I let mine expire like a dumb git

You can drive for up to 90 days on a foreign bike licence supported by an IDP.