Police rule out murder in death of teen Chinese exchange student in Chiang Mai

webfact

Police rule out murder in death of teen Chinese exchange student in Chiang Mai

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police have ruled out murder in the death of 19 year old Fang Zhenhau who was found with what appeared to be minor injuries next to a sports field. 

However, he died mysteriously in hospital, reported Daily News.

A friend of his fell under suspicion after he was seen leaving the university where both were exchange students. 

When police traced the friend he gave them help in the investigation. 

On Sunday Pol Lt-Col Ekapong Chaiyawongsai of the Phuping Chiang Mai police said there was no evidence of murder and CCTV footage backed this up. 

He said that he had been told that Fang was a loner who had not studied for several days and had been suffering from depression. 

He may have fallen from the fifth floor of a building, he said. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-13

5 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yet murder is ruled out....

Indeed, under the Thai outcome-led investigation technique (as opposed to the Western evidence-led investigation technique), the outcome is decided first and then evidence is accentuated or discarded in terms of how it supports the preferred, decided outcome. This technique promotes social harmony and preserves existing political systems.

I hope this clarifies the issue for you. ????

Fallen from which building?? Hospital or university building??

Mysteriously?? I am sure an autopsy will reveal the cause of death

Jumping/falls seems to happen a lot in Thailand

1 hour ago, Gonzo the Face said:

I would humbly request that the person who wrote that news article cease doing so until they go for further education 

Or perhaps blame the likes of Google for the translation from Thai?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

who was found with what appeared to be minor injuries next to a sports field. 

The Police seem to think he may have fallen from a 5th floor in a building.

if that is the case,i suspect he would have suffered more than minor injuries,

what's a sports field got to do with it, it should have been  correctly reported,he was

found next to a building, which is clearly shown in the picture.

regards worgeordie

If this is a Chinese murdering a Chinese, then the Chinese authorities would definitely want to be involved. The last thing any Thai police would remotely tolerate is having their murky and shoddy world viewed by anybody but the direct chain of command back to RTP Headquarters. Lord forbid the Chinese might actually want to oversee the investigation. Nothing to see here, everybody move on immediately!

4 hours ago, Gonzo the Face said:

I would humbly request that the person who wrote that news article cease doing so until they go for further education 

How long have you been fluent in Thai? I'm full of admiration for anyone who can read it.

Although I speak a little I've not even contemplated learning to read or write the language.

Unfortunately I had to rely on Google Translate to give me a general outline of the story. We all know how inaccurate Google Translate can be in its translations so I can't begin to comment on the ability of the journalist to report on the facts of the incident.

2 hours ago, Briggsy said:

If this is a Chinese murdering a Chinese, then the Chinese authorities would definitely want to be involved. The last thing any Thai police would remotely tolerate is having their murky and shoddy world viewed by anybody but the direct chain of command back to RTP Headquarters. Lord forbid the Chinese might actually want to oversee the investigation. Nothing to see here, everybody move on immediately!

If the Thai police could have nailed a foreigner for the crime they would have done it pronto...

8 hours ago, webfact said:

9 year old Fang Zhenhau who was found with what appeared to be minor injuries next to a sports field. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

He may have fallen from the fifth floor of a building, he said

Fell from the 5th floor & sustained only minor injuries?????

9 hours ago, webfact said:

However, he died mysteriously in hospital, reported Daily News.

Still trying to get my head around how he mysteriously died in hospital.  We know he died but this one's a new one on me.  

4 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Nah. Life is as cheap in China as it is in Thailand.

20 hours ago, Briggsy said:

You don't know much about China.

When I was there a group of Pakistani men were  arrested for raping a Chinese girl. After a month in Beijing detention they were sent home.Rape and murder are nowhere near as serious as the following crimes which carry life to death sentences.

Counterfeit dollars and yuan.

Tax evasion.

Export of Chinese antiquities.

Drugs

On 5/13/2019 at 5:27 PM, 1Gringo said:

he's a Chinese exchange student?  why?  was he too stupid for Chinese schools or did his parents want to under-educate him?

I have been an exchange student at Chulalongkorn University, the classes were interesting and the professors actually competent (most of them studied in the US). I just wanted to visit more of asia and thailand looked exotic compared to my previous experiences.

On 5/13/2019 at 6:27 AM, 1Gringo said:

he's a Chinese exchange student?  why?  was he too stupid for Chinese schools or did his parents want to under-educate him?

That's a bit harsh on the kid. Perhaps he wasn't able to get into a Chinese University.  There is a lot of competition and just so many seats and a lot of pressure on those kids to get accepted. Hence why so much depression and suicide among students. Most likely will never be known how he died being where it happened. Its sad for him and his family.  RIP

Archived