90% untreated water flowing into Bang Tao canal

webfact

90% untreated water flowing into Bang Tao canal

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

S__5103877-1.jpg

90% of business operators and locals are releasing wastewater into the filthy Bang Tao canal.

Cherng Talay Tambol Administrative Organisation President Maann Samran says, “There are some hotels, restaurants and locals still releasing wastewater into Bang Tao Canal where it is flowing into the sea.”

“Only 10% of them have connected their wastewater pipe into the wastewater treatment plants.”

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/90-untreated-water-flowing-into-bang-tao-canal

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-13

Bloke in the picture has contracted Tropical Pointingitis. Not deadly , providing it does not spread to other organs.

As for the black water, totally necessary to maintain Thailands reputation as a pollution hub.

Thais do not make waste like this. It is all those foreigners coming to our country and making us pay for drains to stop those foreigners ruining our country. All foreigners should pay a waste tax when entering the country. I used to swim in the sea so often but would not now around that area which is generally one of the most upmarket on the island. Tax the rich tourists even more, why not they are ripped off by the locals any way. You have to pay at Kata beach to have a poo/pee unlike in Australia and other countries where they have free showers and free toilets on the beach. Decades of tourism and Thailand can't spend a few of the billions of dollars tourist bring in on basic amenities. No wonder it is mainly full of loads of Chinese being bused in coaches belching out black smoke. I will never go to Phuket again it's turned into a concrete jungle with traffic jams. Phuket the hub for poo water, traffic jams, black smoke buses, ripoff prices and let's not forget the prices of taxis!! It's all the tourists fault they have big money and corrupted us local people, we were fine before fishing and living in tin shacks. Now we have our Mercs and aircon we have been ruined. Next we will have to become less xenophobic and have to start travelling to the tourists countries to poo/pee in their country.

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Bloke in the picture has contracted Tropical Pointingitis. Not deadly , providing it does not spread to other organs.

As for the black water, totally necessary to maintain Thailands reputation as a pollution hub.

I think your bloke is an ugly woman  :unsure:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Only 10% of them have connected their wastewater pipe into the wastewater treatment plants.”

I was not aware that there are any wastewater treatment plants to connect to.  I doubt all those little hotels and restaurants have proper connections to anything

6 hours ago, Denim said:

Bloke ?? In a bathingsuit ???

1 hour ago, henry15 said:

The most simply solution is to close the businesses  who are not connected  to  the waste water pipes

Way too logical for a Thai to have a thought like that.it would also mean the person responsible for fixing this has to get off his arse and leave his air con office.hes got his job but that doesn't mean he's got to do it.

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Bloke ?? In a bathingsuit ???

Yes, as has already been pointed out.

My bad. I am so used to looking at diminutive Thai women that anything built like a Russian matryoshka doll on a steroid and English breakfast diet completely throws me.

These guys have obviously never seen, smelled, worked with wastewater treatment works final effluent (that is treated wastewater). It f***ing stinks and still will contain small solids, fecal bacteria, etc.

''Phuket’s Governor gave an urgent order to solve the problem of wastewater flowing into Bang Tao Beach '' Not a freaking clue.

Here's one: how about completing the sewerage system with, oh, I don't know, say....a 2-3km long 1.2m diameter HDPE outfall pipeline with diffuser, discharging final effluent offshore?

Just a thought.

17 hours ago, monkeycu said:

I think your bloke is an ugly woman  :unsure:

The woman is a human and perhaps someone's wife, mother or sister. The true ugliness is in your words. Please post a photo of yourself in swimming attire so the mob can comment about your physical status.

Archived