Latest Police Order re 65k monthly income

Hi,

Can someone please post a link to the latest requirements in English? I saw it a few days ago but cannot find it & a search throws up far too many files for me (Serially Dyslexic) to find the one i'm currently looking for.

Thank you ????

Eva

1 hour ago, evadgib said:

Thanks, but that's dated Dec 18. I thought there were changes on or around 01 April?

The changes in effect since March 1, 2019 affect those using the 800k lump sum method for extensions based on retirement.  There were no further changes to the 65k method.  The 65k method was addressed in December 2018.

Here is a link for the orders effective March 1, 2019.

• Thanks 1

Please stop this nonsense i am renewing my ext everything is the same as b4 they want all applicants to use an agent  in future so get over it or leave...

booked an agent to do next month cost 20k (b4 7-8k as i did myself) money transfer as b4 no 400k no 800k

Immigration get around 5k per visa otherwise they will put u through the ringer

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, evadgib said:

Thanks, but that's dated Dec 18. I thought there were changes on or around 01 April?

worst case is show monthly transfers into a thai bank account from an outside of Thailand source of at least 65k each month.  And there are reports that even with that, some officials asked, appropriately or not, for some information on what those monies came from as far as type of income.  I know I know, there are many opinions on this, and the transfer itself should be sufficient.  Just saying some backup of undetermined nature may be asked for

3 hours ago, evadgib said:

The changes for income were done in December. Then in January they did another one for the money in the bank option effective on March. All the changes are posted in this pinned topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/981135-laws-regulations-police-orders-etc/

No new orders have been issued since January.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Carolina Reaper said:

There was also that memorandum issued on 4 Jan 2019 implying some "leniency" when using the income method for extensions in 2019. That document is also included in the pinned topic.

Well, that was a "guideline" issued by the previous Commissioner of the Immigration Bureau. 

One hopes that this guideline is complied with, even though the issuer is apparently nowhere to be found.

imageproxy.jpg

3 hours ago, sameasb4 said:

Please stop this nonsense i am renewing my ext everything is the same as b4 they want all applicants to use an agent  in future so get over it or leave...

booked an agent to do next month cost 20k (b4 7-8k as i did myself) money transfer as b4 no 400k no 800k

Immigration get around 5k per visa otherwise they will put u through the ringer

The only reason some one would use a agent charging 20,000b is because they do not have the cash or the income. If you have the monthly income into a bank or the lump sum no need for an agent. there are a few of you people who keep spouting this but in the end where is your actual proof.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

One hopes that this guideline is complied with, even though the issuer is apparently nowhere to be found.

It remains a valid since it is a official document. I would require a new one changing it or rescinding it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, moe666 said:

The only reason some one would use a agent charging 20,000b is because they do not have the cash or the income. If you have the monthly income into a bank or the lump sum no need for an agent. there are a few of you people who keep spouting this but in the end where is your actual proof.

It could equally be said saving a few thousand baht here with the new rules is someone living on the extreme base requirements I am adverse to sharing my income source details with a mafia police force i would not and will never keep anymore than i need to stay here in my bank account

• Like 1

Today I visited Nan Immigration to get a new retirement visa and after going to Chiang Mai US Consulate to finding out that they will not verify income any longer, I took the trip to Nan Immigration thinking that having all income information to meet 65K Baht requirements and a letter from Thai bank showing 50% of my income there and the other 50% in a US bank it would be sufficient. No So!

After haggling back and forth with the Immigration officer I requested they show me the regulation that explains the requirement according to Thai Immigration Law and it states clearly that you must have either 800K Baht or 400K with partial retirement income or 65K monthly income to a Thai bank for at least 12 months. 

Even with having prior retirement visas in Thailand the Nan Immigration office would not issue me a retirement visa leaving me with the option of renewing a Non O visa by going to Laos or adjacent countries returning and applying for another 90- day Non O visa.

The immigration officer also informed me that a (Non A) type of visa is available for a one year stay but when I ask the Thai consulate in the US they told me the longest period for a visa was only 90 day Non O.

I had read a thread here in this forum that provided wrong information about the 65K monthly income which could be combined with an outside of Thailand bank which is not the case. So, if your trying to get a retirement visa using the 65K Baht a month income you must show 12 months of income coming to a Thai Bank.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm a U.S. citizen and I first stumbled on the "no more income affidavits" bulletin when I happened to browse to the U.S. Embassy & Consulate website in March. Then I searched around and came upon the rule changes that went along with that (from thaivisa.com). I had already enrolled in STEP but never heard anything from that side. And it would have been nice to hear about any immigration rule changes via a form letter sent via Thailand Post. I'm pretty sure Immigration has multiple copies of my current address on file. But of course that would only happen in a Southeast Asian fantasy world. So I then started playing the new game as soon as I could in April by making monthly international fund transfers to my Thai bank account.

Anyway, I could see using an agent as a lazy Plan B (for this transition period) if IO didn't show leniency in November with my less than 12 monthly international funds transfers -- assuming the agent could get the job done before my current extension ran out. Otherwise, yes, it'd be a cold day in hell before I'd waste 23,000 THB on an agent to do something so easy. I will show income deposited in a U.S. bank account (from self-printed unofficial statements) for the remaining months (they won't even want to look at that) to show my sincere best effort to follow the rules even for the transition period, and I will think positive, smile, be clean, not wear rags, and... get leniency. 

Or not.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Carolina Reaper said:

I'm a U.S. citizen and I first stumbled on the "no more income affidavits" bulletin when I happened to browse to the U.S. Embassy & Consulate website in March. // And it would have been nice to hear about any immigration rule changes via a form letter sent via Thailand Post. I'm pretty sure Immigration has multiple copies of my current address on file. But of course that would only happen in a Southeast Asian fantasy world.

Why complaining about Immigration and Thailand when it's a decision of your Embassy?

Also if I remember well, US Embassy sent to US expats an email informing them this change - thing that UK Embassy didn't do - so you should have know that from last year... :ermm:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Why complaining about Immigration and Thailand when it's a decision of your Embassy?

Also if I remember well, US Embassy sent to US expats an email informing them this change - thing that UK Embassy didn't do - so you should have know that from last year... :ermm:

Perhaps they sent to some folks but I received no such email (of course I check Junk folder periodically, too). 

The US Embassy (or the 4 embassies) didn't make the decision in a vacuum. Immigration played a role in that.

27 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Yes, but or course, four individual embassies, at the same point in time, all decided on their own, entirely coincidentally and simultaneously, to discontinue providing income letters that they have previously been providing to their citizens for years.   

You certainly don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to connect those dots.

Edited by The Man Who Sold the World

1 hour ago, Rican0722 said:

The immigration officer also informed me that a (Non A) type of visa is available for a one year stay but when I ask the Thai consulate in the US they told me the longest period for a visa was only 90 day Non O.

He's right, the longest is 90 days non O tourist visa.

Another condition is you can only use that tourist visa maximum two times in a year or else it makes no sense to apply for retirement visa.

That's a max of 6 months in a year but you have to exit from Thailand once.

Edited by EricTh

3 minutes ago, EricTh said:

He's right, the longest is 90 days non O tourist visa.

Another condition is you can only use that tourist visa maximum two times in a year or else it makes no sense to apply for retirement visa.

That's a max of 6 months in a year but you have to exit from Thailand once.

You can get a multiple entry "O" visa with 1-year validity, of course, but each stay is still limited to 90 days.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Carolina Reaper said:

You can get a multiple entry "O" visa with 1-year validity, of course, but each stay is still limited to 90 days.

It depends on whether that is tourist or non-tourist like work permit/retirement/education etc.

For a tourist visa, it is max of 2 entries per year.

If you can get a 1 year tourist visa , then there's no reason to apply for other 1 year visa like retirement visa, right?

Edited by EricTh

55 minutes ago, Leaver said:

That's the thing about these "The latest Police Order."  Tomorrow, it will not be "The Latest Police Order" as there will be a new "The Latest Police Order."   ????

Tomorrow?? Didn't we have something last 5 years between "the latest" and "the previous" Police Order ? So maybe this one will be good for 5 years too... :ermm:

8 hours ago, Rican0722 said:

The immigration official was nearer than usual to giving you accurate advice on visas. What he was vaguely aware of is the Non O-A (long stay) visa. It is described at https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-category-oa/

Note that this must be applied for in your home country, and the honorary consulates cannot issue it.

I suppose this is another example of when an agent would be useful. Some people just don't keep up to date and informed on the current changes and requirements, and just turn up exactly as they did a year ago!

I believe a Non-Imm OA is available in the USA from a number of Thai consulates (definitely not all) and indeed does give a years permission of stay for each entry. Perhaps the OP asked at one that is unable to provide this. 

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I believe a Non-Imm OA is available in the USA from a number of Thai consulates (definitely not all) and indeed does give a years permission of stay for each entry. Perhaps the OP asked at one that is unable to provide this. 

A OA visa can only be applied for at the embassy in Washington DC or at one of the official consulates in New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.

10 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Tomorrow?? Didn't we have something last 5 years between "the latest" and "the previous" Police Order ? So maybe this one will be good for 5 years too... :ermm:

Yeah but with Big Oud's ascendancy and Big Joke's disappearance, it doesn't seem crazy to expect some further guidelines, and even Orders, if only to clarify the most recent ones (late 2018) as they find newly created holes to plug?

13 hours ago, Carolina Reaper said:

if IO didn't show leniency in November with my less than 12 monthly international funds transfer

How many months of qualifying foreign transfers will you have by November? Assuming you started in March you should be able to get Nine (9) months in, for which a case for leniency seems reasonable.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:14 AM, mtls2005 said:

How many months of qualifying foreign transfers will you have by November? Assuming you started in March you should be able to get Nine (9) months in, for which a case for leniency seems reasonable.

I started in April, so including this November (right before going to Immigration for the extension), it would be 8 monthly foreign transfers. 

Is there still a combo method whereby I could put like 260K (the missing 4 months of 65K) in a Thai bank account and be good to go? If so, would it still need to ferment for a while like the full 800K method??