Latest Police Order re 65k monthly income

48 minutes ago, Carolina Reaper said:

I started in April, so including this November (right before going to Immigration for the extension), it would be 8 monthly foreign transfers. 

That would be enough to apply this year unless you apply for a pedant immigration office that insists on having 12 months.

48 minutes ago, Carolina Reaper said:

Is there still a combo method whereby I could put like 260K (the missing 4 months of 65K) in a Thai bank account and be good to go? If so, would it still need to ferment for a while like the full 800K method??

There is still a combination option. But it would not help since they could still require seeing 12 months of transfers.

• Like 1

I went to Jomtien 2 days ago for a 90 day report. I asked the lady who does pre checks on extensions and explained this year I would only have 10 monthly transfers. She showed me the example letter that a TVM has posted in another thread. I said that shows 12, I will only have 10. Reply -as long as it is 800,000 or more no problem. That is not correct but hey ho. It will be so not a problem.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

That would be enough to apply this year unless you apply for a pedant immigration office that insists on having 12 months.

Joe , am I correct there is no answer to this. I have seen no report of anyone phoning the hotline and getting a positive response. It seems almost impossible to plan anything as many office,s are doing there own things. They haven't but some offices could say I want 4 months seasoning - there is absolutely nothing you can do. You can say that is not the rules but it does not matter at all.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

There is still a combination option. But it would not help since they could still require seeing 12 months of transfers.

So a complete farce and a blatant disregard of the directive regarding leniency. There are no rules - just what your local office says.

We have used the 800k in the bank for 7 or 8 years now and we would like to change to income.  As the extension is due in January, if we start transferring money this month we will only have 9 monthly transfers by the time it is due.

Chiang Mai office; is this do-able for the next extension or do we have to have the 800k and start transferring money in December so we have 12 monthly transfers when it is due the following year?