Jump to content
BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Hunt for Thai man who raped Norwegian tourist on Koh Phangan

Recommended Posts

Hunt for Thai man who raped Norwegian tourist on Koh Phangan

By The Nation

 

4d05413a8ccaeaff2c3243b8348b03cf.jpeg

 

Police on Koh Phangan have launched a manhunt for a Thai man who allegedly raped a Norwegian tourist early Sunday after she had spent time at the Half Moon party late Saturday night, a police spokesman said Sunday.

 

Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen said the national police chief had instructed the Surat Thani police head office to speed up efforts to arrest the rapist at the popular tourist destination, which is known the world over for its Full Moon and Half Moon parties.

 

f85d172a338cbc431c9b620b604eefaf.jpeg

 

Krissana said the tourist filed a complaint with the Phangan police station at 8am Sunday, telling the officers that she had been raped by a motorcyclist.

 

She said she visited the Half Moon party on the beach in Moo 3 village in Tambon Ban Tai at 11pm. When she returned to her hotel, she found that her wallet had disappeared so she walked back to the beach to look for it.

 

 

On her way back to the beach, a motorcyclist stopped and offered her a ride to help her look for her wallet. After a short ride, she noticed that the motorcyclist was not heading in the right direction and told him to stop.

 

She told police that she jumped off when he refused to stop but he parked up then raped her before riding off.

 

Krissana said police have taken photos off the scene and interviewed some locals. Footage from CCTVs in the area would be examined to try to identify the motorcyclist.

 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30369280

 

thenation_logo.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where do i strat? half moon bay party, lost wallet, gone back to 'look' for it, what, in the dark on a beach? accepting a ride from  a total stranger, someone she doesn't know in the wee hours of night, really? all that though, doesn't mean that a woman can't walk alone at night without to be mugged or attacked, but any tourist who comes to thailand should have families themselves with the possible perils of the land, and women in particular, should be a lot, lot more cautious and less trusting of strangers especially in the dead of night...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is unfortunate that our (I'm Norwegian) young ladies are so naive about the world outside Scandinavia. Many believe that they can handle themselves and are "on par" with men if it comes to physical confrontations. Which is not true.

 

So, ladies, please dont go alone. And dont get stupid drunk or high. Take care of yourself. It's a crazy world out here.

 

Hope they catch the scumbag and crucify him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Where do i strat? half moon bay party, lost wallet, gone back to 'look' for it, what, in the dark on a beach? accepting a ride from  a total stranger, someone she doesn't know in the wee hours of night, really? all that though, doesn't mean that a woman can't walk alone at night without to be mugged or attacked, but any tourist who comes to thailand should have families themselves with the possible perils of the land, and women in particular, should be a lot, lot more cautious and less trusting of strangers especially in the dead of night...

This is the Land of Smiles....Holiday folk plobably think they are OK because of that.....False sense of security perhaps...

Long time readers here know a little different.......

 

BUT, can happen anywhere where folk think the natives mean well..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm two police/army helicopters are circling the Phangan west coast this morning. Assume its part of the investigation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For me, the photo accompanying the article sums up the Thai police farce (sic) perfectly. Just a few plods wandering around aimlessly and completely clueless, with not even a notepad in sight. Utterly useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mmmm!  A needle in a haystack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope the young lady is being taken care of and is being given all the assistance she needs . It is imperative that the rapist is found and made an example of if not he is free to do it again. ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no where it's mention she visited the hospital for a body check, rape/forced sex or any potential sexual diseases, she's not worried about HIV or did the guy was prepared and brought condoms and had time to put it on without a fight..... hummmm funny story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, RobbyXNorway said:

It is unfortunate that our (I'm Norwegian) young ladies are so naive about the world outside Scandinavia. Many believe that they can handle themselves and are "on par" with men if it comes to physical confrontations. Which is not true.

 

So, ladies, please dont go alone. And dont get stupid drunk or high. Take care of yourself. It's a crazy world out here.

 

Hope they catch the scumbag and crucify him.

These full and half moon party's are famous for drugs, mushrooms, raping and hustling but still naive young people from around the world get attracted to them. Sadly it always end with tragedy for someone. Hope the police catch the rapist and cut his dick off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing funny about rape Mr. Batata...

 

so if an article contains or not contain, that is your sole basis of your fact finding and if it happened or didn’t happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happen always at Or after Moonparty ..why?  Are you ok?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Nothing funny about rape Mr. Batata...

 

so if an article contains or not contain, that is your sole basis of your fact finding and if it happened or didn’t happen?

always use the old saying.... 2 versions to a fact, thus open minded it's a requirement, I didn't jump into conclusions and not should have you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, transam said:

So this one has too....?

Did I say That?? Just pointing out facts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...