Pattaya Siam Country Club

suiging

The club re-opened on March 01, Any guys/gals played it yet ?

Hav'nt played yet but quite a few mates have and they are saying it is magnificant.

The only down side is that it is 1 player per cart and the carts are not allowed off the designated paths so you end up walking just as far with a cart. Also there are still 2 temporary greens.

I think i will wait a few months untill the weather cools off a bit and its a little less crowded.

They tell me there are now 5 temporary greens. Pretty amazing considering they had more than a year to get the greens established and now after just 10 days and they are having to use temporary greens while they repair the new ones.

Edited by COBBER

It's not good about the greens, but they need to bed in. They havn't been there a year either, some are pretty new, they only shut a year ago to do the rebuild. I believe some water pipes have burst under a couple, thereby causing damage underground. The course will only get better in my opinion, the grass is lush and a pleasure to play off. Locker room is superb, as is the new restaurant area, my only gripe is the rather laborius parking procedure.

The 1 player per cart rule pisses me off. Not because I'm too cheap to pay for a full share, but because a few years ago, before my wife started to play, she liked to go around with us but they insisted it was only 2 people in cart. Went on about the extra weight. We made the caddy walk and never went back. :o

TH

• 1 month later...