Eurovision 2019 Tel Aviv has arrived!

As a EU national, I can't but wonder how in hecks name non EU countries should be permitted to participate, and if so, why not change the name to reflect its TRUE nature.

Oh really?

It's about the broadcasting thing. Not geography. Also definitely nothing to do with the EU specifically. This is very old news. Anyone that has been following Eurovision would know this already.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

England thought so, or thought it could helping winning "A war to end all wars", so made the Balfour Declaration. Without that there is no Israel. [emoji106]

Need to work on your deflections methinks  [emoji3]
It really isn't about that either. For example Jordan and other Middle Eastern countries could be in it if they wanted to. It's about the broadcasting. Of course they don't want to because Israel is in it.

Just now, Jingthing said:
Just now, LomSak27 said:

England thought so, or thought it could helping winning "A war to end all wars", so made the Balfour Declaration. Without that there is no Israel. emoji106.png

Need to work on your deflections methinks  emoji3.png

It really isn't about that either. For example Jordan and other Middle Eastern countries could be in it if they wanted to. It's about the broadcasting. Of course they don't want to because Israel is in it.

The post is in response to a post - which you did not copy. It should be read in that context as it was originally posted.

Have no clue what you are on about.

Whose doing the commentary for the main show on Saturday in the UK? Used to be the late great Terry Wogan. Hope they got someone good. Another question is can you watch it live stream anywhere on the net or is it only downloadable later next week?

Love to see it live.[emoji7]

Whose doing the commentary for the main show on Saturday in the UK? Used to be the late great Terry Wogan. Hope they got someone good. Another question is can you watch it live stream anywhere on the net or is it only downloadable later next week?

Love to see it live.[emoji7]
Graham Norton.
For the main Eurovision feed it streams live on YouTube.
Or watch later.
You can even stream the rehearsals.

when I got to the UK in the 80s my wife at the time had the ESC tuned in and I said 'what is this dreck?' and she said 'siddown shaddap and watch, it's the biggest laugh on television...' especially with the everlastingly saccharine Terry Wogan...

1 hour ago, tutsiwarrior said:

when I got to the UK in the 80s my wife at the time had the ESC tuned in and I said 'what is this dreck?' and she said 'siddown shaddap and watch, it's the biggest laugh on television...' especially with the everlastingly saccharine Terry Wogan...

Yes I remember watching Terry Wogan host Eurovision. Here's his Eurovision greatest hits.

I know this video has nothing to do with Eurovision but it's what I think will be the atmosphere in Israel now. Full of street parties, festivities, music, dance, celebrations, so... what the hell, here we go....

Israel rocks, Eurovision 2019 baby!!!!

Time to party!!!

Terrible songs all of them.   

My country Norway some sort of favorite for the top 5, but it's just a copycat of something else. The show used to be original back in the ABBA days, but not anymore.

Sorry I couldn't care less who's winning. :bah:

Terrible songs all of them.   

My country Norway some sort of favorite for the top 5, but it's just a copycat of something else. The show used to be original back in the ABBA days, but not anymore.
Sorry I couldn't care less who's winning. :bah:
Yeah the Norway song is a formulaic stereotypical ESC winner. Doesn't mean it will win though. I don't think they're all terrible songs at all. Netherlands is a good song for example.

There are a few countries that pretend to win this year. It is very difficult to pick one.Last year was easy, this year not. I guess the winners might be from one of these countries: Iceland, Australia, Russia, Italy or Netherlands.

There are a few countries that pretend to win this year. It is very difficult to pick one.Last year was easy, this year not. I guess the winners might be from one of these countries: Iceland, Australia, Russia, Italy or Netherlands.
All those possible but not Russia.

I get Germany, but not UK. I'm sure the UK will get some votes but nor many.

UK has a good song this year but it's no winner and there seem to be political reasons stifling the UK vote too. So the UK winning would be surprisingly but not as much as Germany. Actually there are a number of songs that would be surprising to win.

Archived