Eurovision 2019 Tel Aviv has arrived!

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Oh heck.

I'm surely wrong but might as well play.

My favorite - Italy / Switzerland TIE

To win - NORWAY

OK, time for a post mortem.

I should have gone with initial gut feeling where I was going to predict the winner to be the Netherlands. Oh well.

But check it out, Norway was the winner in the popular vote. I assumed they wouldn't do very well with the judges but they did even worse than I thought.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/05/19/norway-won-eurovision-public-9598213/

I was also tempted to predict Sweden but for some reason I thought the singer was better than the song. 

Italy and Switzerland in the top 5. I was really hoping Italy would win but didn't think they would.  I would have been happy to see Sweden win as well. 

UK at the bottom. That's undeservedly harsh!

Popular votes for Germany -- ZERO, how often does that happen?

If you haven't watched already even though you already know the winner, I would recommend watching the Grand Final. Israel put on a great show and the songs were mostly good or very good. Madonna was kind of bad for her two songs and that was entertaining to watch. There were two political "scandals" one with Iceland where they will probably be punished by ESC and one by Madonna's dancers which will have no consequences she wasn't a contestant. 

Anyway, the winner!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wilsonandson said:

The Netherlands song was awful. They should really change the way they vote for the winner. What a disappointing final, let the people of Europe vote. The final was ruined by idiot judges.

I disagree. I think the double system is great. 

1 hour ago, Thunder26 said:

I wanted Australia to win. Yeah, what Iceland did was very bold!

I missed the political message from Madonna's dancers.

One of her dancers had a Palestinian flag on the back and one of them had an Israeli flag and then they walked off holding hands. I didn't notice it when I watched it but seems like a cool thing to do even if against the rules.

Have you read the Iceland lyrics translated? 

Archived