Good translation service in Ubon ?

MikeN

Anybody know of a reputable translation service in Ubon ? Will have to get some documents translated into Thai, and time constraints mean it would be better if we can get it done in Ubon.

And for bonus points ..... has anybody used the legalization service for documents at the governor’s office in Ubon ?

Not sure about now but several years ago the only translation service I found was at language school.

The legalization service here does not certify translations. They would probably accept it and send it to Bangkok. They are located at the passport office. Contact info is at the bottom of this page in Thai. http://www.consular.go.th/main/th/services/6441/87789-สถานที่รับรองเอกสาร.html

For translations of English to Thai and vice versa, many expats here (and me) have used English & Thai Center - location and contact details here:

https://engthai-center.business.site/

phone: 086 246 0754

They are located on the airport road on the way out of airport on the left hand side about two-thirds of the way from airport gate to the traffic lights on Upalissan Rd.

I can't answer your legalization question but it might be worth asking the lady boss/owner of the Centre if she has knowledge. She ('Thailish Ubon' on facebook) is normally there in business hours/early evenings and Saturdays (but best to phone and agree a time) and she usually answers the phone - in good English (obviously). I have never taken her translations thru a legalization process so I would be asking her anyway if her certified translations are accepted by legalizing authorities (they have always been accepted in applying for visa applications at the UK, German and French visa processing centres).

If you will ultimately be travelling to Bangkok to get translated documents legalized then consider getting them translated first in Bangkok. Many of the translation agencies will accept copies of your original by e-mail etc one day and you pick up on arrival the next. Use a search engine and choose one that is convenient for your pick-up. In my experience costs in Bangkok are not that different from Ubon. 

6 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

If you will ultimately be travelling to Bangkok to get translated documents legalized then consider getting them translated first in Bangkok.

It can also be done by mail to the Consular Affairs Department in Bangkok.

We decided to get the translations done while in BKK, they will get them certified and then EMS them to us in Ubon.

According to a big notice in the Australian embassy consular section and on their website, the Legalization Office at the Ubon Governor’s office ( and also Chiang Mai + Songkla) does certify the translated documents but maybe that means they just send them off to Bangkok. It was easier to just get the agency in BKK, just around the corner from the Aus. embassy, to do the legwork anyway.

I’ve bookmarked Santisuk’s link for future reference though.

Thanks.

Archived