BANGKOK
webfact

Health insurance mandatory for long-stay foreigners in Thailand

1 hour ago, Graviton said:

So are we in agreement that it's the OA lot not us extension of stay? If not why not 

I called Pacific cross and they said 0-X visa and maybe in the future 0-A visa. But the insurance requirements for the O-A (1 Year Visa) have not yet been determined.  Why Pacific Cross or another company has not posted this in the insurance forum is beyond me. 

Edited by marcusarelus

I’m part of the OA Brigade or Lot and I have always had Health Insurance and always paid my medical/dental bills.  My time in LOS is slowly coming to an end.  

42 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I’m part of the OA Brigade or Lot and I have always had Health Insurance and always paid my medical/dental bills.  My time in LOS is slowly coming to an end.  

Why?  No confirmation of ins required for O-A visas. 

50 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

Good. I've been here 17yrs my point really is it is impossible for us not to pay, presented with a bill before treatment.. I self insure with 10 mill in the bank....

On 5/20/2019 at 4:17 AM, sirineou said:

But are we residents, or are we visitors with an extension to stay, only good for a year? If we are residents why can't we buy into the same insurance scheme available to other Thai residents ?

Never heard that you can't, what would be the point?

8 hours ago, Isaan Alan said:

what next?

More Thai Visa Roadblock for Cheap Charlies? New Mandatory Health Insurance

- Youtube

By Keyframes5 Thailand.

Look it up - lots of common sense answers for those still wondering , also lots of info on youtube about this issue.

Are tourists and married guys the biggest groups needing accident and health insurance? Motorbike or katoy accidents and wife's trying to cash in early. 

Edited by inThailand

Are tourists and married guys the biggest groups needing accident and health insurance? Motorbike or katoy accidents and wife's trying to cash in early. 

If it applies only to those with a non imm o-a multi entry visa, none of the categories you mention apply.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I realised this but here is the question...........

thai health left with 305 million baht debt not the private sector.

If 700,000 western expats took out health insurance that would be

56,000,000,000 baht a year leaving Thailand? Yes there would be claims..... I think it more prudent to come up with a sensible fig buy government hospitals 5-10k a year then its a win win.

16 hours ago, Enki said:

Never heard that you can't, what would be the point?

30 baht card? Use government hospitals.......

Hi Everyone,

I work for Pacific Cross/Thai Visa Protect.

Sorry I am unable to reply to every post.  That is impossible currently, the announcement took us by surprise and was overwhelming with the amount of calls and emails that came in.  To compound matters many people thought this applied to them when in fact not.  If you have got in touch please be patient and everyone will be responded to in due course.

Firstly, a point I made earlier that some may have not seen.  We have a plan that meets the visa requirement for NON O A and NON O X.  If you are on a marriage VIsa or NON O yearly extension the mandated insurance does NOT apply to you.  I can't say that the government over time will not roll this out to all visas, I suspect they may, as we all may agree its difficult to say what is around the corner legislation wise.

Once again one of the principal questions about this mandatory health insurance has not been fully clarified !!

Do you need mandatory health insurance if you are on an extension of stay based on retirement originating from an OA visa ??
  • Like 1

I have insurance and only need the 40,000 baht outpatient insurance.  Can you do that if I give you 40,000 baht?

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Once again one of the principal questions about this mandatory health insurance has not been fully clarified !!

Do you need mandatory health insurance if you are on an extension of stay based on retirement originating from an OA visa ??

Do you do your extensions at immigration? If so a valid unanswered question.