Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Health insurance mandatory for long-stay foreigners in Thailand

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

I have enough money to pay my bill i don't need any extra outlay. And yes we are taxpayers every time you go to  7/11 you pay tax. Get off your high horse !

So do I, could also self insure if I chose too, but I could see the writing on the wall, like I did with the retirement visa, hence the change two years ago.

 

But why would I want to self insure when it's cheaper to insure, obviously you didn't major in math, as for tax, you mean goods and services tax...lol

 

 

 Image result for picture of the lone ranger on his horse

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, david555 said:

is it not a permit to stay too ??

It's an extension of stay based on a non-Imm B visa and nowt to do with an O-A.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ThailandGuy said:

So when you are 76 years old you have to pay 133.000 baht a year insurance to be 400.000 max  insured !  Bizar ! If you dont have to consule a doctor in 3 years you have paid up one year of maximum insurance. I guess Thailand does not want old people to live there anymore. Thailand is not that friendly as they say?

 

http://www.bangkokinsurance.com/long-stay-visa/
 

Yep. Great value insurance.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Smug ?

 

I know lots of X-pats who have spounged off the system.

 

My wife is Thai as are our 4 kids, I also pay private hospital cover for all of them, even though they can get medical treatment for free in a public hospital, I prefer to have them on par with me.

 

I once self insured as well, i.e. until I found an insurer who was prepared to think outside the square and cover my pre-existing condition.

 

Your suggestion of using the 800,000 could be an alternative, perhaps go an extra step and grandfather it, allowing all current long stayers to use the existing funds in an emergency and the new ones to take out cover to satisfy their criteria, but seriously anyone coming here and not being able to afford cover, shouldn't be here IMO.

I'm always curious when a child of mixed ethnic background is automatically labeled as a non-white when a white person is involved. Maybe I'm wrong 4ME and you aren't white. But if you are why would you automatically refer to your kids as "Thai"? Aren't they also half non-Thai? Often I've heard it said when a black person and a non-black have a child the child is referred to as black. Why? Isn't the child also half "non-black"? Is it right to label the new Royal baby as black? I think not. it's a baby. Let them become what they will without labels. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mister Fixit said:

It's an extension of stay based on a non-Imm B visa and nowt to do with an O-A.

I think you are of the hook for now this round

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, david555 said:

I think you are of the hook for now this round

I suspect I may well be.  I hope so anyway.  

 

Does anyone know differently?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

I'm always curious when a child of mixed ethnic background is automatically labeled as a non-white when a white person is involved. Maybe I'm wrong 4ME and you aren't white. But if you are why would you automatically refer to your kids as "Thai"? Aren't they also half non-Thai? Often I've heard it said when a black person and a non-black have a child the child is referred to as black. Why? Isn't the child also half "non-black"? Is it right to label the new Royal baby as black? I think not. it's a baby. Let them become what they will without labels. 

Thai as in citizens.

 

I am not white.

 

If where going to label them, then they are EurAsian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...