BANGKOK
webfact

Health insurance mandatory for long-stay foreigners in Thailand

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

In most countries, one doesn't get that long for murder.

I've TOLD Her that MANY Times Mate.....

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Thats how I understand it , new OA is pretty clear but it will probably come down to what they mean by renew/renewal, I take it as permission to stay based on the OA, others see it as meaning all extensions and all visa's. 

You can translate this page online and in my opinion it translates well enough to answer questions people are raising.

http://hss.moph.go.th/show_topic.php?id=2808&fbclid=IwAR1larNfJw6CsnF-5NBqjmXZzJu-guMb4BRNgwjoDt4m79ZA8PLNvV5aIJM

30 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

So if we have been here many years ,but cannot get medical insurance ,will we be told to leave ?

If you read the OP, it also talks about a  cash deposit scheme for those who cannot get insurance. Not in place yet but niether is the insurance. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere said:

Well my insurance in USA covers me out of country up to a curtain number of days then will not cover. Got sick once on arrival and my insurance covered it. 

Policies vary, but mine doesn't have a time limit. However it does require you to live in the U.S. (I take the Social Security guideline of 90 days in a country before you have to change your address as a rule of thumb though). I suspect a lot of plans would question repeated claims abroad though. My previous plan though was Blue Cross - I lost that when I turned 65 this year but they have an international network with no restrictions as far as where you live. But it would depend on the  policy.

3 minutes ago, Melbun said:

So you are 70 big deal - even Maccas employed older people - just an idea - do you have a better one? You are going to have to find the money somehow if you want to stay in Thailand - working to finance your premium seem a rational way (if you can't at present afford it).

Yep I'm 70 .....NO Big Deal,But I Won't be going back to the U.K (To Work ) If I Have to go back I'll do what all The Immigrants Do there.....BENEFIT Heaven.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Don't keep us in suspense, what do you consider it says?

It says pretty much the same thing as OP. Talks about OA visa but also about renewal, and not clear what renewal means 

Some baiting posts and the inflammatory replies have been removed. 

1 hour ago, Melbun said:

Oh really -an axe to grind. I though my logic made sense. I stand corrected. You are an ostrich maybe and don't like to listen (or spell correctly it's " you seem " not seam.

Oh, must have hit a nerve then.

An Ostrich, very funny. just goes to show how much you know, from afar.

Well done for joining the spelling and grammar police of Tv, 

good job.:coffee1: