Bag with 14kg of marijuana left in Bangkok taxi

webfact

Bag with 14kg of marijuana left in Bangkok taxi

By The Nation

cc7618867c7a3659ae4d529714d97886.jpeg

A taxi driver filed a complaint with police after a passenger left a bag with 14 kilograms of marijuana in his taxi’s boot on Monday.

The driver, Sophon Ubolwiwat, 57, told police at the Ratanathibet station at 11.30pm that the bag was left in the boot of the taxi he drove on Sunday night.

Sophon said he learned about the bag from the driver who rented the taxi after him and consulted a police radio station, which advised him to inform a police station so as to distance himself from the drug.

Sophon told police that he had a Thai customer, who appeared to be around 35 to 40 year old, on Sunday night and he left one of his bags in the trunk.

Sophon said he picked up the passenger at 8pm from in front of the Tha Kham branch of Big C shopping mall and delivered him to Samut Sakhon’s Phan Thai Norasing district.

When he arrived at the destination, the passenger unloaded his bags from the trunk to a coach waiting at the spot.

Sophon said he thought the passenger had taken all of his belongings, so he closed the boot and drove off. Sophon said he did not check later the back because it was raining.

Police will try to identify and locate the owner of the bag.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30369356

thenation_logo.jpg

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Sophon said he thought the passenger had taken all of his belongings, so he closed the boot and drove off. Sophon said he did not check later the back because it was raining.

He did not check the boot for the rest of his shift.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Sophon said he learned about the bag from the driver who rented the taxi after him and consulted a police radio station, which advised him to inform a police station so as to distance himself from the drug.

So 2 drivers did not want to have anything to do with "lost" luggage. 

Something a little suspect here.

If I found a bag of drugs in the kingdom I think I would break all speed records running the other way.  My western mind would want to alert the police but the chances that they'd say the stuff was mine I would think would be quite high (no pun intended)

2 minutes ago, remorhaz said:

If I found a bag of drugs in the kingdom I think I would break all speed records running the other way.  My western mind would want to alert the police but the chances that they'd say the stuff was mine I would think would be quite high (no pun intended)

I'd put it in my pipe and smoke it!

1 hour ago, Chang_paarp said:

He did not check the boot for the rest of his shift.

So 2 drivers did not want to have anything to do with "lost" luggage. 

Something a little suspect here.

That's because it was originally 30 kg.

2 hours ago, monkeycu said:

You should have sold it Sophon, then the night would been very profitable, or at least partaken in some as a herbal remedy  :omfg:

Maybe he recently watched No Country For Old Men.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I'd put it in my pipe and smoke it!

Yep, bury it in the back yard and have a lifetime supply

Would love to have seen the dealers face when it dawned on him the bag left in the taxi

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Police will try to identify and locate the owner of the bag.

This time, when a bag is lost in a Thai cab, I'm not sure the bag owner will be happy to be located by the police...:whistling:

I left a guitar in a Bangkok Cab a few years ago. The driver took off before I could get it out of the boot.  I eventually got it back, they said it's a bit old and worn and I said "yeah I know it's a 1962 original Fender Stratocaster so no big deal but hey, thanks for giving it back" ????  (worth a bit of money)

17 hours ago, FitnessHealthTravel said:

I left a guitar in a Bangkok Cab a few years ago. The driver took off before I could get it out of the boot.  I eventually got it back, they said it's a bit old and worn and I said "yeah I know it's a 1962 original Fender Stratocaster so no big deal but hey, thanks for giving it back" ????  (worth a bit of money)

A bit off topic, but I wonder where all the 100s of Sixties guitars have gone. Not the sort of thing to chop up or take to the tip. But, really, 100s of Strats, Teles, Les Pauls etc were made. Where are they?

And were they any better than those made today?

Sorry, move it if you can.

3 hours ago, wcoast said:

How in the world can a passenger forget a large suitcase filled with 30lbs of ganja? Rule number one, don't get high on your own supply.

At least not when delivering/transporting it.  :stoner:

Here we read almost every two months of the "good" Thai taxi drivers always returning things left in the vehicles to the rightfull owner. Photo opertunity and all pointing etc etc...

555, this time it sounds as if the passenger purposely left it in the taxi to be delivered by the taxi driver to the dealer, but the taxi driver got cold feet.

Sing rittle birdy ...

P.S. Do taxi drivers always open left behind baggage to see what is inside?

I would have thought just handing in a bag as lost property would be the smartest thing to do, but what do I know. Opening the bag makes them look like thieves, not the honest people they are trying to make themselves out to be.

Archived