BANGKOK 19 May 2019 17:18
webfact

Bar host stabbed to death on Bangla Road

typical night anywhere in Thailand, seems knives, guns, weapons of all types are

the norm for thais ( males and females )to carry, and it appears to be happening more often. BUT the

tourist authority says welcome to this family friendly country, yeh sure guys, the more

you tell lies the more people are becoming a wake up to this country, or is all the

violence a way of saying we dont want tourists here. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/14/2019 at 7:18 AM, Olmate said:

A bayonet knife on your hip would give me an OMG too! 

The M5A1 Garand bayonet looks a lot more like just a sheath knife. At first glance you can’t tell it is made to fit on the Garand rifle. Other than being made to fit on the Garand....it’s really just a sheath knife. 

On 5/14/2019 at 3:57 PM, impulse said:

I even gave up carrying Swiss Army knives on my keychain when I surrendered about my 5th or 6th one at airport security in the wake of 9/11.  Before that, they never gave them a second look and I always just forgot I even had them on me.  They were real handy for all the tools, not to mention the blade for opening boxes and other things.

Like many items available for sale in the bright light of day in Thailand, swords, machetes, bayonets, switchblades and other implements of mayhem can be purchased on one block and confiscated on the next one- with a fine or worse.

Yes...I knew about security before getting on my flights. So when I flew to Thailand the first time, I left my Victorinox SAK in Canada with relatives, and I found a place in Chiang Mai that sells the real Victorinox SAK. So I bought one there. Many months later when I flew back to Canada, I gave it as a gift to a Thai friend before flying out of Thailand. 

On 5/14/2019 at 7:18 AM, Olmate said:

A bayonet knife on your hip would give me an OMG too! 

The M5A1 Garand bayonet is really just a knife made to fit on the Garand. Just glancing at it on someone’s belt you can’t tell right away that it is a bayonet. You have to take a second closer look. It’s really quite a nice knife.