How Many Watches Can You Bring to Thailand?

On 5/14/2019 at 2:54 PM, Small Joke said:

Yup, it's a non issue. Unless you look like a pantomime villain, or wear dreads, tattoos, a Chang singlet -on arrival, or elephant pants. Appearances, and how they treat you, MATTER here.

And for the inked who might take umbrage, a Thai youngster himself told me his tattoos are a red flag to the cops. Like Japan, ink here has gang connotations, the police are not exactly first to dial into fashion trends.

I’ve entered Thailand 36 times in the last 6 years and I’m covered in ink (arms, hand, leg) and have still never been looked at twice.

I brought in a 250Kthb mountain bike once (huge oversized bag) and over 500Kthb worth of PC hear in my suitcase. Not once been stopped or questioned ????????

What are you worried about? They may open your bags, but a body search is rare. So just put them in your pockets. If carrying something larger, pick a moment when the customs guys are busy going through someone else's bags and stroll through. Which is exactly how I got an entire car steering and suspension system in..... Biggest rainbow coloured asian bag I've ever seen! Talk about hidden in plain sight!

Archived