BANGKOK 22 May 2019 09:35
moskito

Camper Van or Mobile home

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

may be anybody has an idea of what car I can buy in Thailand to build a DIY Camper or Mobile home out of it.
I learned that all minibuses are really not high enough, I would like to stay inside.

I had contact with a Chinese Company which is selling brand new mobile homes but the prices top this prices in Europe by far.
Thought its even more cheaper in Asia, and i am not sure of the quality of the Chinese made cars.

was thinking about a VW crafter or Mercedes Sprinter, but both are not sold in Thailand and the prices of VW Vans are just crazy.
A new model of a minibus made by VW is around 3,5million Baht, an Isuzu you can buy for 1,25million Baht.

I need tips on which Asian brands I can may be use or anything else comes to mind where you can stay inside, put a bed, shower

and a kitchen in and if possible a motorcycle. Ready to go stuff or just a transporter with at least 5m lengh and 5m width should do

any ideas?
THANKS in advance, really appreciate your help.
I am planning a trip to Europe with this thing..but thats another story 

CampervanThailand 01.jpg

• Haha 1

....are Forums really dead? 😕

• Haha 1

has anyone ever seen a roof like this on a minibus here?
Thats a Camper Van from NZ

CamperVan NZ.png

14 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

If Jeremy can convert a Citroen, any Thai pickup should do.

787327E4-2F56-45A2-B825-F177B47B27B4.jpeg

hahhahah nice one, first bridge is mine 😄 and pls never go faster  as 20kmh or at least close the windows infront 😄😄

15 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

wonder why the coyote never catched you 😉

Yeah, thx, i know these links, i am not too bad in googleing myself. Look at my first picture, its a car from this company. Unfortunately like all ThaiCompanies, they never answer to Emails.
As far as I found out, they are import these cars from Japan, which is expensive to.

I am looking more for a DIY (do it yourself) Van to build. I am living here since 20years and i think its long enough... Time to go on travelling 😉
thx anyways

How does a Nomad do a TM30

btw, sry, regarding your question,  i dont know this car 

Why not just get something like a smallish Isuzu truck and a custom built body shell ? Then just fit it out as you fancy.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Gulfsailor said:

Have you looked at Carryboy?

http://www.carryboycaravan.com/motorhome/

I am just doing it right now, THANKS for this link  Gulfsailor.
btw, i still have no idea what you meant with Nomad do a TM30 ...

The Carryboy has the perfect size, more i do not need. Will check for prices and if doing it by myself will safe me much money

thanks

I do think the Thai Immig does not want farang sleeping along the road side, even if in a car. 

I have read/heard that such campers are not seen in T'land is due to govt regulations.  

My suggestion: check with local land transport office before any $$ investments. 

TM 30 will be a big problem.. When moving address you have to report within 24hrs your new address.. 

Sorry to burst your bubble but you will be better off with a car and staying in cheap accomadation..

Good luck

Edited by Chicken George
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1