BANGKOK 22 May 2019 10:36
moskito

Camper Van or Mobile home

2 hours ago, beddhist said:

No shipping, he wants to drive it to Europe. Insurance is available at EU borders, otherwise there could be no traffic in and out. Great site for info on routes, paperwork, etc. http://horizonsunlimited.com.

Then there is the subject of the Thai export permit: legally, you are not allowed to take a vehicle out of Thailand for more than a month. We had to find a way around that when my wife and I rode our bikes to Timor Leste. I think you can forget about ever bringing it back and you probably won't be able to sell it anywhere else.

Thanks, had no idea you cant bring a car longer out as a year 😕  that makes things difficult. I dont have so many problems in Europe, i just register it in Poland at my friends address and you can ride it anywhere. Poland is still much easier when it comes to something like this as Germany.
:
I was usually planning to ride my motorcycle all the way but i am getting older too and not really sleeping in tents anymore for a couple of weeks. Lots of ppl doing it the other way around already, a friend of mine Ed March, did it on a Honda C90 from Malaysia to England, crossing India Iran etc. Its not like 30 years ago anymore where no one could cross Russia.
I want to go up to China first, thats the biggest problem so far, since China allow only driving licenses made in China and they still  want to give you a guard you have to pay for. Kazachstan and Russia are no Problem at all and Pakistan and Afghanistan i am not planning to visit.
:
And THANKS ... you got it i do NOT planning to SHIP a  RV after I build it in Thailand, there would be no reason for something like this. 😄

The news report from Phuket about Chinese camper vans is at least 2 yrs old. And since that time the Thai govt has changed the rules about chinese cars, and vans, coming into Thailand.

Thai govt simply told the Chinese that unless Thai vehicles were allowed into China, then no chinese vehicles would be allowed into Thailand.

Simple reciprocity.

China don't allow folks in (driving), and  hardly let anyone out.

In 2015 i did see many chinese licensed cars in and around CM, often traveling in large packs, 15 cars in a row.

Have not seen one chinese license in 3 yrs.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, chingmai331 said:

The news report from Phuket about Chinese camper vans is at least 2 yrs old. And since that time the Thai govt has changed the rules about chinese cars, and vans, coming into Thailand.

Thai govt simply told the Chinese that unless Thai vehicles were allowed into China, then no chinese vehicles would be allowed into Thailand.

Simple reciprocity.

China don't allow folks in (driving), and  hardly let anyone out.

In 2015 i did see many chinese licensed cars in and around CM, often traveling in large packs, 15 cars in a row.

Have not seen one chinese license in 3 yrs.

absolutely agree. On the other hand there are hundreds of Chinese Made busses riding around all over Thailand, transporting Chinese Tourists for Chinese Companies, bringing them to Chinese Restaurants belonging to Chinese Owners. But TiT thats Thailand, I know no other country in the world watching when others stealing the  butter from their bread like we say.
It doesnt matter, Chinese companies doing business here or Pakistanis, People from Lebanon saying they are from Bangladesh taking over all markets selling souvenirs and t-shirts to the Tourists while the Thais doing nothing against it. One must be blind not to see it when running with open eyes thru the Kingdom, specially in areas with Tourists 😕
:
However, i HOPE China will come down with this strong regulations. When asking they explained to me its only for my own safety since Chinese ppl doesnt speak English and will not understand anything i want...actually i travelled half the world and it was not much different, so i dont care but they still do 😉

On 5/19/2019 at 11:42 AM, moskito said:

dude, can i take this hotelrooms with me? Please read my former posts. I am planning a road trip to EUROPE and its really difficult to bring a ROOM from Thailand to Kazachstan or China for Example 😉

Oops.  Sorry!

• Thanks 1

Would get pretty uncomfortable sleeping in a camper without air con.

How would the air con be powered ?

46 minutes ago, Denim said:

solar to batteries?

10 minutes ago, eezergood said:

solar to batteries?

Air con takes a lot of power , but then it is a small space. Would they make it through the night ?

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Air con takes a lot of power , but then it is a small space. Would they make it through the night ?

would very much depend on the batteries, however a small generator certainly would 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Denim said:

in my case often more a heating 😉  but there are plenty of systems, from Diesel powered airheating systems to little ovens wich came originally from Canada.
And yes, with the new Solar Technology and some good batteries, you can really power a big fridge with icebox AND an Aircon if you need one. I never needed Aircondition, actually i dont like these things very much, not just they are an absolutely killer of the natural enviroment. A fan will do and when i sleep i am ok without it.
Wonder how the people survived a hundred years ago 😉  .... ahhhh they had girls with huge banana leafes 😄😄

a good week to all of you and thanks for so many input here

NiceDodge.jpg