British teacher succumbs to injuries from motorbike accident

snoop1130

British teacher succumbs to injuries from motorbike accident

By The Phuket News

1557830811_1-org.jpg

Iain Richardson was a much loved and respected teacher and Head of Science at British international School, Phuket (BISP). Photo: BISP

PHUKET:-- British international School, Phuket (BISP) published a notice today (May 14) announcing the sad loss of British expat Iain Richardson, who was a teacher at the school.

"It is with the deepest regret that the British international School, Phuket (BISP) announces the death, following a road accident, of Iain Richardson. Iain was a much loved & respected teacher and Head of Science, and he will be greatly missed by the whole school community. Our thoughts and prayers are with his wife and his wider family," the statement read.

Mr Richardson succumbed to injuries sustained in a motorbike accident on Thepkrasattri Rd early last Saturday morning (May 11).

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/british-teacher-succumbs-to-injuries-from-motorbike-accident-71430.php#RHcTwqX2GWJHIwQz.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-05-14

22 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Sad, but from the original report, he had a helmet, which he either wasn't wearing, or not wearing properly, as it was found some distance from his body, suffering the head injuries that lead to his death. 

Thanks for that Insp Clouseau.

22 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Sad, but from the original report, he had a helmet, which he either wasn't wearing, or not wearing properly, as it was found some distance from his body, suffering the head injuries that lead to his death. 

was there any need your insensitive disrespectful comments 

moving on -

seemed like a well respected loved and accomplished person 

RIP Iain

37 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

Or the helmet was removed by a first responder, later placed somewhere in the general area.

We don't know, but we do know he died.

Rip.

16 hours ago, smedly said:

Very accomplished. An English teacher on a motorbike.

Respect.

Was he tested for alcohol and drugs?

18 hours ago, smedly said:

was there any need your insensitive disrespectful comments 

moving on -

RIP Iain

It is not disrespect. 

But it might be his own fault. 

Nevertheless RIP

5 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

Driving or riding a motorbike in Phuket ? Asking for trouble. Do
it in darkness and at speed! Death sentence

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Congratulations you and Just1Voice share the 'Boring Obvious' post of the month award. 

Wether he was wearing a so called helmet or not and real helmet don't come off your head unless your head comes off with it.thai so called helmets are as useful as a base ball cap.myself I wear an arai full face which I know be expensive but even a cheap full face can protect you from serious head injuries.i can't say what helmet he had or if he was wearing it but it was found some distance from the accident so I presume it was a Thai rice bowl.

15 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Wether he was wearing a so called helmet or not and real helmet don't come off your head unless your head comes off with it.thai so called helmets are as useful as a base ball cap.myself I wear an arai full face which I know be expensive but even a cheap full face can protect you from serious head injuries.i can't say what helmet he had or if he was wearing it but it was found some distance from the accident so I presume it was a Thai rice bowl.

I understand where you are coming from but in general you have to appreciate the majority of Thais could never afford a helmet like yours unfortunately.  However in this instance perhaps this poor chap could or should have been able to afford a good one given that he was Head of Science and presumably receiving a good salary. More to the point perhaps is the fact that helmet should always be worn at all times.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:11 PM, Just1Voice said:

Yep, I went from looking at power upgrades for my bike, to looking at robust helmets, after seeing 2 people

pancake into back of a pickup truck with those workie type ones that just go flying off...and back then I was in (stupid) "helmet-free wind in my hair" mode.

When I leave the house on the MC of my choice, my head is covered with securely closed a DOT or a EC 22-05 approved helmet, and no coconut shell, plus protective clothing. And that helmet lying on the ground, is a 200 THB coconut shell. That is what I have seen in the first pictures published. How stupid, when you can afford 40.000 plus for a motorcycle, and do not have 2000 for a helmet.

Archived