Jump to content
BANGKOK 18 July 2019 18:53

Recommended Posts

can i as the renter fill out a tm30 form?

i do not mind paying the 800baht.

what information do i need?

the form is not straight up and very confusing, any help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

First of all what is current status re visa, permission of stay etc. More detail required. You mention renter. Yes renter can file tm30 as possessor. 

Edited by DrJack54
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you will need varies between immigration offices. Typically, you need the rental contract, copy of the owner's id card, and some proof that the owner really is the owner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BritTim said:

What you will need varies between immigration offices. Typically, you need the rental contract, copy of the owner's id card, and some proof that the owner really is the owner.

Tim, do all the requirements you mention apply to possessor applying themselves perhaps by mail? Again lot depends on OP situation. Has not mentioned if for example is on extension and more importantly which imm office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

am on extension of stay.

have been in same condo for 7yrs.

cheang wattana immigration office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rodknock said:

am on extension of stay.

have been in same condo for 7yrs.

cheang wattana immigration office.

No need for tm30 at CW.

Well certainly for extension based on retirement. One report few months back fella asked for tm30 on extension based on marriage. I suspect something else was an issue. Perhaps change of address. I and many others using cw having 12 month extensions have never been required to do tm30. Where you can have a trip up is if you need imm for unrelated matter such as residence certificate. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most reports from the past ~ 6 weeks for Div. 1/CW seem to indicate that a TM30 must be on file for you before you can:

 

file a TM47 in person

file a 90-day report online

complete any extension of stay renewal (ret or mar)

 

this is based on nearly a hundred reports here and on some FB pages. Yes, there have been a few reports of success (90-day reports, ext stay) without a TM30 apparently being on file.

 

Not sure about other activities involving Immigration? 

 

My working list of documents required to self file, some, many, all of which may requested

 

For those in Bangkok: Documentation for self filing a TM.30 are
Copies of;
-the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease
 

- 800 baht fine

 

 

 

There have been reports of a few police sweeps, targeting foreigners in large condo complexes, verifying TM30 reporting. The odds of getting caught up in one of these seems remote at this point. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone point to a report of having trouble obtaining a extension to permission of stay based on retirement at CW due to not having current tm30. Of course I'm excluding people who have changed address etc. Also exclude first time extensions. There are literally hundreds done every day at CW.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Could someone point to a report of having trouble obtaining a extension to permission of stay based on retirement at CW due to not having current tm30. Of course I'm excluding people who have changed address etc. Also exclude first time extensions. There are literally hundreds done every day at CW.

It depends on your idea of trouble, if no TM 30 then just file one and pay the fine, no big deal. Going back many years my wife was fined 2000 baht when I applied for an extension of stay at CW as reported on TV. My last extension, retirement this time, the IO wanted a copy of the TM 30, which I always bring since being fined. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Could someone point to a report of having trouble obtaining a extension to permission of stay based on retirement at CW due to not having current tm30. Of course I'm excluding people who have changed address etc. Also exclude first time extensions. There are literally hundreds done every day at CW.

What do you mean by "having trouble"? We had several reports of people who went to do their extension and were fined because no TM30 was done. I assume after paying the fine the extension will be processed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, asiaexpat said:

It depends on your idea of trouble, if no TM 30 then just file one and pay the fine, no big deal. Going back many years my wife was fined 2000 baht when I applied for an extension of stay at CW as reported on TV. My last extension, retirement this time, the IO wanted a copy of the TM 30, which I always bring since being fined. 

I take your point re the 800baht. No big deal. I exit los every other week and would need to do 30 or 40 tm30 if CW enforced the tm30. I'm wondering in your case if this request for tm30 at cw was your first based on retirement. Having extended based on marriage previously. The OP has extensions based on retirement and has not changed address in seven yrs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What do you mean by "having trouble"? We had several reports of people who went to do their extension and were fined because no TM30 was done. I assume after paying the fine the extension will be processed.

 

Yes, I didn't mean to imply anything else.

 

Once the TM30 is filed, perhaps in person, then one can proceed to other activities, like an ext stay or 90-day report.

 

No one has indicated that ext of stay renewals would be rejected by the lack of a TM30.

 

43 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

There are literally hundreds done every day at CW.

 

Yes, this is why there are reports of the newly constructed "B" counter struggling to keep up with the 100+ folks queued for up two hours filing TM30's.

 

I too have done ~ 7 annual extensions of stay/ret renewals and a couple of dozen 90-day reports (online, in person) without issue. A TM30 has not been filed for me, save perhaps a hotel ~ 15 years ago?

 

 

 

 

Edited by mtls2005

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

What do you mean by "having trouble"? We had several reports of people who went to do their extension and were fined because no TM30 was done. I assume after paying the fine the extension will be processed.

Point me to one done at cw based on retirement and person has not changed address etc. I don't doubt what your saying. I just haven't seen one. Having said that have been away and have not been following Thaivisa for last several weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Point me to one done at cw based on retirement and person has not changed address etc. I don't doubt what your saying. I just haven't seen one. Having said that have been away and have not been following Thaivisa for last several weeks.

 

I'm still searching, these are hard to dig out of the dozen or so lengthy threads. It requires reading through each multi-page thread, looking for CW-specific reports.

 

This only became an issue at CW ~ 23 April (approx., when the volume of reports spiked). Some reports that it was 'trialed' for a few days before Songkran.

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by mtls2005

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrJack54 said:

Point me to one done at cw based on retirement and person has not changed address etc. I don't doubt what your saying. I just haven't seen one. Having said that have been away and have not been following Thaivisa for last several weeks.

We had the first report of somebody being fined at CW for a missing TM30 5 months ago:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...