tm30 cheang wattana

On 5/15/2019 at 8:02 PM, jojothai said:

The doubters who want proof best go find out at CW for themselves.

It has been reported enough times on TV recently that CW have now started wanting TM30's.

You dont need to bother doing one if you don't want to,

but please now refrain from telling others that they are not necessary.

As usual, some IOs will want them and some wont.

Just because somebody says I didnt get asked for one isn't a good reason to say its not necessary.

If you go to the desk for documents they have the TM30 Forms there now.

It was not like that several months ago.

Go ask the IO at the doc desk like I did recently, and they said of course TM30s are required,

and told me what to do to post it in to them, so that I dont have to go to CW in person.

I posted mine as I was told, and I received the receipt of notification sent back to me.

This is from CW. So they clearly have some organisation in place for processing them.

I own my own condo in Bangkok.

I Sent the two TM30 forms filled in - me as the alien, and me as the owner

Copy main passport page

copy visa / extension page

copy of entry stamp and TM6

Copy of Chanote for my condo.

Enclosed a self addressed envelope (did not put any stamps)

Mail To CW has to be sent by registered post.

What is the address of CW where I should send my TM30 to?

7 hours ago, uhuh said:

What is the address of CW where I should send my TM30 to?

Same as the one used for 90 day reporting there.

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, TM30 Report
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210 

• Like 1

Turns out landlord says she did a TM30, immi insisted on sending the confirmation slip to her. 

I will hopefully get a copy from landlord.

So:

- You really have no idea whether anybody has filled out a TM30 regarding you

- even if you get to see the confirmation slip,  you don't know whether they filled it out correctly (I have watched the staff at Jurassic office fill it out, in Thai, it was all wrong :))

- but of course you can pay the fine

On 5/22/2019 at 7:44 AM, ubonjoe said:

Same as the one used for 90 day reporting there.

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, TM30 Report
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210 

Thanks Ubonjoe. I was out of country and had not kept up to date on the issue.

For further confirmation, the formal stamp on my envelope returned shows the below in Thai.

I received my notification slip returned 8 days after sending it in.

The text below is not that clear but shows the "120 Moo 3"

I had not put that on my registered post but it still got through ok.

image.png.b1047d992dc8333779fbf5bb66d20b8f.png

Edited by jojothai
number corrected

I live in one unit of a small privately owned compound/building. I had never heard of TM30 before, and the owner has never filed for me. I have copies of the apartment contract, the owner's tabian baan and Thai ID card. Can someone with recent experience tell me if that Is sufficient documentation for the TM30 filing in advance of extension of retirement at CW? Should I ask her to fill out the TM30 and I bring it with me? Since it is for notification within 24 hours and my last arrival in Thailand was two weeks ago, what do we fill in as the date at the top?

Also, should we mail it in and then do retirement extension after getting the receipt? Or just do both at same time at CW?

Can someone post the link to download the current TM30? I am not sure I have the updated form.

And the link for online filing of TM30.

Thanks for your patience with naive questions.

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

For all those people reporting themselves, the TM28 form is used for this purpose. The TM30 is for landlords.

I have always used the TM28 form when reporting myself.

Nup

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Nup = Your wrong.

Check your facts rather than what you have always done.

The title of a TM28 says Form For Aliens To Notify Their Change Of Address Or Their Stay In The Province For Over 24 Hours.

The title of the TM30 says Notification From For House-Master, Owner Or The Possesor Of The Residence Where Alien Has Stayed.

These ARE the facts, so, why am I wrong?

13 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

It's not so much that you're wrong or right, just confused.

Yes, a TM28 is to be used by a foreigner to report himself being in a different location within Thailand than he was previously.

Immigration Act Section 37 (TM 28)

The only section of the immigration act that is relevant is Section 37: 4 which involves notifying the police.

If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such alien must notify the police 
official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time of arrival.

You should use TM28 for this.

And yes, a TM30 is to be used by a Thai to report the presence of a foreigner, who just showed up at their hotel, house, apt. etc.

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or 
managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must 
notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

Most of the recent discussions re: TM30 are a result of the increased focus on the authorities making sure Thais are abiding by the law and reporting foreigners.

In some cases, foreigners are allowed to report themselves.

Some Immigration activities may be halted/rejected until such time as a valid TM30 is on file for the applicant/foreigner.

1 hour ago, david_je said:

I have copies of the apartment contract, the owner's tabian baan and Thai ID card. Can someone with recent experience tell me if that Is sufficient documentation for the TM30 filing in advance of extension of retirement at CW? Should I ask her to fill out the TM30 and I bring it with me? Since it is for notification within 24 hours and my last arrival in Thailand was two weeks ago, what do we fill in as the date at the top?

Also, should we mail it in and then do retirement extension after getting the receipt? Or just do both at same time at CW?

Can someone post the link to download the current TM30? I am not sure I have the updated form.

And the link for online filing of TM30.

Thanks for your patience with naive questions.

Without an understanding of the timing involved it is difficult to say but maybe do both, just plan on filing the TM30 in person just prior to your ext stay renewal (same day).

Don't fret the 24 hour thing, leniency seems to be the norm.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/  --> requires potentially complex registration process taking up to a week or longer.

TM30 word doc 2 pages note second page

For those in Bangkok: Documentation for self filing a TM.30 are
Copies of;
-the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

tm30.doc

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

The title of a TM28 says Form For Aliens To Notify Their Change Of Address Or Their Stay In The Province For Over 24 Hours.

The title of the TM30 says Notification From For House-Master, Owner Or The Possesor Of The Residence Where Alien Has Stayed.

My understanding is that the TM28 is used if you are moving your permanent residence from where you are now to a different house/condo. The TM30 is what hotels use for guests and, as you said, landlords, when you return to your residence. Officially it is the landlords responsibility. However, there are procedures for tenants to file the TM30 instead of the landlord. That is what most people are worried about and talking about these days. I think if you were to move out of a rented condo into your newly purchased house or condo you would have to file both a TM28 and a TM30.

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It's not so much that you're wrong or right, just confused.

Yes, a TM28 is to be used by a foreigner to report himself being in a different location within Thailand than he was previously.

Immigration Act Section 37 (TM 28)

The only section of the immigration act that is relevant is Section 37: 4 which involves notifying the police.

If the alien travels to any province and will stay there longer than twenty – four hours , such alien must notify the police 
official of the police station for that area within forty – eight hours from the time of arrival.

You should use TM28 for this.

And yes, a TM30 is to be used by a Thai to report the presence of a foreigner, who just showed up at their hotel, house, apt. etc.

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act, "House owners, heads of household, landlords or 
managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must 
notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

Most of the recent discussions re: TM30 are a result of the increased focus on the authorities making sure Thais are abiding by the law and reporting foreigners.

In some cases, foreigners are allowed to report themselves.

Some Immigration activities may be halted/rejected until such time as a valid TM30 is on file for the applicant/foreigner.

Without an understanding of the timing involved it is difficult to say but maybe do both, just plan on filing the TM30 in person just prior to your ext stay renewal (same day).

Don't fret the 24 hour thing, leniency seems to be the norm.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/  --> requires potentially complex registration process taking up to a week or longer.

TM30 word doc 2 pages note second page

Copies of;
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

tm30.doc 123 kB · 0 downloads

I have never filed a TM30. I have filed at least seven TM28 forms at Phuket immigration even though my address was the same. The form is downloaded from the immigration web-site and has an immigration TM number. No where does it say that it has to be given to the police.

Going by the titles of the forms, I stand by my statement.

Edited by Joe Mcseismic
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

On my 90 day report slips it has had stamped on them for the last 18 months that the foreigner must report to immigration within 24 hours of entering the country, nothing about the house owner.

Edited by Orton Rd

Yes, it is important to realize that what is required usually varies from province to province (or sometimes from office to office in the same province, or even from official to official in the same office.)

On top of that, the actual enforcement of different regulations is in constant flux, so when someone says "I've been here for xxx years and I have never filed a yyy document," does not mean that it would not be necessary to do so in the future.

1 hour ago, Martyp said:

...Officially it is the landlords responsibility...

Wrong.

Please see section 38 of the Immigration Act and the definition of House-Master in section 4.

Hi,

If you have copies of the required documents, are people doing the TM 30s at  Chaeng Wattana (CW) themselves? So the TM30 does not have to be filled out by the landlord or signed? I thought the landlord has to fill the TM 30 out, then the person renting the condo hands in the copies of the requested documents, at CW, ie blue book, Thai owner ID, copy of the lease, copy of our passport, etc.

or can you just take the documents you need, then fill out the TM30 form at CW?

Can someone confirm either way.

Tks

Edited by Nouf

29 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:
  Do you need to file a TM 30 if leaving your province and travelling within Thailand when you return home?

Things have changed at CW.

I have done my extensions there for several yrs. Only did one tm30 and that was at time of my first extension. Completed it as the "possessor" also by mail. It never was mentioned or asked for at my first extension. 

To answer your question you are required to do one every time you stay at another residence both in and out of los. In reality its only needed for imm offices that ask to see it. My plan prior to my next extension is to file a tm30 after I return to my rented condo in bkk (same place 7 yrs). I won't do any for all the other trips both in and outside of Thailand.

We have all seen "crack downs" in los and then ease up. If your not exiting los then I would file nothing. Note if I change my "home" residence I would file a tm28 also.

Edited by DrJack54

26 minutes ago, Cuchulainn said:

Do you need to file a TM 30 if leaving your province and travelling within Thailand when you return home?

I have seen no reports of Chaeng Wattana saying that is required.

Same for trips out of the country.

At this time it appears they are only wanting them from people that have never done one.

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

On my 90 day report slips it has had stamped on them for the last 18 months that the foreigner must report to immigration within 24 hours of entering the country, nothing about the house owner.

Oh dear. 90 day reporting has absolutely nothing to do with notification of address. Two different things, two different subjects.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Oh dear. 90 day reporting has absolutely nothing to do with notification of address. Two different things, two different subjects.

You are not correct. Thai immigration clearly states that you must report your address every 90 days in their guide in English on their website ("residence" means address here)

https://www.immigration.go.th/citizen_manual/guid_en12.pdf

Public Handbook: Notification of Residence for Alien Who Stays in The Kingdom Over 90 Days
Agency: Immigration Bureau, Royal Thai police

Regulations and conditions (if any) for the application and the consideration

1. An alien who granted temporary permission to stay in the Kingdom must notify his/her residence to the Immigration officer every 90 days.

Edited by partington

1 hour ago, partington said:

You are not correct. Thai immigration clearly states that you must report your address every 90 days in their guide in English on their website ("residence" means address here)

https://www.immigration.go.th/citizen_manual/guid_en12.pdf

Public Handbook: Notification of Residence for Alien Who Stays in The Kingdom Over 90 Days
Agency: Immigration Bureau, Royal Thai police

Regulations and conditions (if any) for the application and the consideration

1. An alien who granted temporary permission to stay in the Kingdom must notify his/her residence to the Immigration officer every 90 days.

This thread is about TM30 requirements at CW. Has zero to do with 90 day report. They are separate things. Hells bells.

Is the current TM30 form to be downloaded from here?

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/

I can't get site to list documents in English; and see the page has Immigration address as Soi Suan Phlu -- that's the old location, right? I'm not good navigating these things, pls.

Also, the blue book -- a copy of which is required for retirement stay extension at CW -- is that the same as the "tabian baan"?

Thank you for your help.

26 minutes ago, david_je said:

Is the current TM30 form to be downloaded from here?

https://www.immigration.go.th/download/

I can't get site to list documents in English; and see the page has Immigration address as Soi Suan Phlu -- that's the old location, right? I'm not good navigating these things, pls.

Also, the blue book -- a copy of which is required for retirement stay extension at CW -- is that the same as the "tabian baan"?

Thank you for your help.

Here is a link for immigration forms. Yes, blue book is the tabien bahn.

http://immigrationbangkok.com/thailand-immigration-forms/

25 minutes ago, david_je said:

Thank you for your help.

You are filing in person, by post? In person, Chaeng Watthana, by mail:

90 DAYS REGISTRATION, TM30
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

26 minutes ago, david_je said:

is that the same as the "tabian baan"?

Yes.

Copies of;
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

tm30form-1.pdf tm30.doc