IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Yes.

For those in Bangkok: Documentation for self filing a TM.30 are
Copies of;
-the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

tm30form-1.pdf 1.03 MB · 2 downloads tm30.doc 123 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks to you and to Joe M for helpful replies.

I guess only questions left are:

-- should I fill it out or have the landlady do it?

-- for date on the top, should we put current date or the date that I last arrived in Thailand (two weeks ago), since it's for a 24-hr notification?

-- My retirement extension doesn't expire till July 2. Should I mail in the TM30, wait for receipt to arrive and bring it to CW when I do extension, or just plan to file TM30 at same time as extension? The former would incur no fine whereas the latter would, is that correct?

Either.

Likely no fine.

Fill out page 2 with your details.

Page 1, use the date you file in person.

I'd fill in all the address bits, leaving the name(s) blank, let the trainee at CW help you with that, if you choose to file the same day as your extension.

If you choose the mail option have your landlady complete page 1, fill in page 2 for her, assemble all the copies, sign, mail in.

800 or 1,600 baht, right? With no warning on previous visits when it was not asked for.

Terrific. I have been looking for an excuse to get rid of all those old 25 and 50 baht coins that accumulated in my drawer. Might just be enough.

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This thread is about TM30 requirements at CW. Has zero to do with 90 day report. They are separate things. Hells bells.

Fair enough, my mistake, since the 90 day report is also commonly termed an "address report". 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, partington said:

Fair enough, my mistake, since the 90 day report is also commonly termed an "address report". 

So true. Most folk talk about visa extension etc. No such thing. I think we all wish it was more simplified. 

Today at CW - 800 baht fine - stepson reported my staying with wife since my 2003 arrival.  Girl asked when most recent arrival Bangkok and said 2003 was it (to a smile).  No lease required.  Copy of blue book and my passport pages and his ID card.  Included Google map of house location and they retained.  They did check my passport during process.  Sent to 90 day reporting to pay the 800 baht fine and got final receipt there.  Appeared that at least half numbers called were no-show.  Arrived 0900 and out at 1045 (and that included about 15 minutes to pay fine).  Had queue number 81 and 19 was being processed on arrival.  They only have two B counters but have two desks at each and if paperwork in order quite fast.  

• Thanks 1

Today I was at CW to extend my Non-O visa based on retirement. I only got as far as the information desk where you pick up the forms. The lady behind the desk told me that I needed to submit a TM30. She kindly gave me the form and showed me the list of documents required. I asked whether this is a new requirement and she said, yes, since the beginning of the year. The thing about this is that the lady did not check the system and just simply informed me I needed to submit a TM30.

She also said that if the landlord/owner does not come personally to CW, the landlord/owner needs to issue a Power of Attorney so I can submit/sign the forms. To be honest I didn't quite understand if it was for signing the forms or submitting the forms! (On the desk there is a nice QR code which you can scan and it gives you a link to a Power of Attorney document to download).

I have contacted my landlord/owner and he is cooperating and sending me a filled in TM30 form and the supporting documents required.

If I have understood some posts here in this thread I can take the TM30 form and supporting documents to CW at the same time I go to do my extension. I will probably get sent to B desk first to submit the TM30 (maybe pay an 800 THB fine, maybe not) and then later to L desk for my extension. Is that a correct understanding?

If the landlord/owner has filled in the forms, do I really need the Power of Attorney from the landlord/owner?

Or.. should I have to send in the TM30 form and documents and wait to receive the receipt, which seems like it could take a week or so and only after I receive the receipt go to CW to do my extension.

16 minutes ago, maccra said:

Today I was at CW to extend my Non-O visa based on retirement. I only got as far as the information desk where you pick up the forms. The lady behind the desk told me that I needed to submit a TM30. She kindly gave me the form and showed me the list of documents required. I asked whether this is a new requirement and she said, yes, since the beginning of the year. The thing about this is that the lady did not check the system and just simply informed me I needed to submit a TM30.

She also said that if the landlord/owner does not come personally to CW, the landlord/owner needs to issue a Power of Attorney so I can submit/sign the forms. To be honest I didn't quite understand if it was for signing the forms or submitting the forms! (On the desk there is a nice QR code which you can scan and it gives you a link to a Power of Attorney document to download).

I have contacted my landlord/owner and he is cooperating and sending me a filled in TM30 form and the supporting documents required.

If I have understood some posts here in this thread I can take the TM30 form and supporting documents to CW at the same time I go to do my extension. I will probably get sent to B desk first to submit the TM30 (maybe pay an 800 THB fine, maybe not) and then later to L desk for my extension. Is that a correct understanding?

If the landlord/owner has filled in the forms, do I really need the Power of Attorney from the landlord/owner?

Or.. should I have to send in the TM30 form and documents and wait to receive the receipt, which seems like it could take a week or so and only after I receive the receipt go to CW to do my extension.

Your post is very clear and well written. Also sounds like a sketch from Monty python. Not your expression but the stupity of the rules. There are even threads about how to register online. Which you would think would be such a simple process.

I also report to CW and right now have no idea what to expect upon next extension (November). I'm hoping imm will flip back to not requiring tm30. Somehow doubt it. Good money earner. Also perhaps more folk turning to agents. I plan to do tm30 by post after my last entry to los prior to next extension. I travel every week. LUDICROUS rules.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Sad 1

I do not recall seeing any posts requiring the PoA, yours is the first (Div. 1/CW) that I've seen where the requirement for the PoA has been communicated. I know a few people who've been able to file a TM30, without the landlord being present, and without the PoA, just the usual docs. (Note that the PoA requires some sort of government stamps.)

For those in Bangkok: Documentation for self filing a TM.30 are
Copies of;
-the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the thai i/d of the person in the blue book (signed by the thai)
-the data page of your passport
-the thai visa in your passport (if you have one)
-your most recent entry stamp
-your extension (if you have one)
-the TM.6 departure card
-your lease

If you can get your landlord to submit the TM30 by mail, you need to help them with page 2, that might be ideal, assuming you have enough time before your extension.

Bangkok Immigration allow you to file the TM30 report by mail, these are the needed documents:
1. Chanote copy (I owner)
2. Yellow Book copy
3. Passport copy
4. Departure card copy
5. TM30 filled
6. Return envelope with address and 10 THB stamps attached
Address is:
90 DAYS REGISTRATION, TM30
IMMIGRATION DIVISION 1
Chalermprakiat Government Complex
120 MOO 3, CHAENGWATTANA ROAD,SOI 7,
LAKSI, BANGKOK. 10210

Edited by mtls2005

Suspect online and mail may not be available options for those who have not had a TM-30 filed if fine of 800 baht is due, as it was for my reporting family today.  Fine was paid in 90 day report room so not sure if queue number was combined with late 90 day reports or just for TM-30 but we were number 33 at payment receipt desk for late TM-30 report.

Thanks for the information regarding the stamps for the Power of Attorney. As I understand from your link to the other thread, the PoA is so that I can fill in, sign and submit the TM30 instead of the Landlord. For reference, I have attached a photo of the QR code on the CW immigration front desk which links the Power of Attorney document (also attached).

I just received a copy of the TM30 form my landlord. It is dated 29.05.2018, exactly one year ago. So it looks like he has already submitted it at least once before, although it could not be complete as he never asked for passport copy, arrival card, and other details.

power of attorney form.pdf POA_English-Thai.pdf

Suspect online and mail may not be available options for those who have not had a TM-30 filed if fine of 800 baht is due, as it was for my reporting family today.  Fine was paid in 90 day report room so not sure if queue number was combined with late 90 day reports or just for TM-30 but we were number 33 at payment receipt desk for late TM-30 report.
I mailed in my first ever TM30 in 14 years to Chaengwattana today. I'll let you know if I get the receipt back without a fine!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Online worked for me 2 weeks ago, filed just before my 90 day report at CW, even though I had never filed a TM30 before. They looked at the computer, no fine, no questions.

If there is anyway to submit a TM30 before going to CW, I think you will not be fined. They are rather busy and probably not looking at dates. (mine was dated 2 hours before my 90 day report)

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

Today, a Filipino colleague at our school completed her one-year visa extension at Chaengwattana. She was not asked or questioned about TM30. She rents a condo and has no idea if her landlord has ever filed a TM30 form with immigration.

Further to that, the information connected to her work permit has an old address from 2 years ago which is different from the address she reported on her 90 days and TM6. However, that was not mentioned.

This begs a number of questions:

1. Are people who have been extending non-immigrant B visas for a number of years somehow exempt?

2. Are Filipinos exempt from this TM30 regulation?

3. Are some immigration officers targetting certain nationalities or racial backgrounds when handing out fines?

4. What is the real purpose of enforcing TM30 now? Is it to collect information from landlords about lease agreements that provide evidence of income that should be subject to taxation?

5. Why are immigration officers not consistent in enforcing this and other regulations?

6. Why do foreigners not receive an email from immigration about changes in policy, even if it is an old law being more strictly enforced?

7. What happens to the money that is collected by fining foreigners for immigration infringements?

8. Has anyone demanded 800 baht back from their landlord?

9. Why are immigration officers not visiting landlords to demand the money from those that have not reported the presence of foreigners?

10. What is the point of a computer if you keep asking people to fill out the same information on paper again and again, and then take no notice of what people actually write on the paper?

P.S. I have lived here long enough to know that most of the above questions can't be answered logically or sensibly. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sunderland said:

Today, a Filipino colleague at our school completed her one-year visa extension at Chaengwattana. She was not asked or questioned about TM30. She rents a condo and has no idea if her landlord has ever filed a TM30 form with immigration.

Further to that, the information connected to her work permit has an old address from 2 years ago which is different from the address she reported on her 90 days and TM6. However, that was not mentioned.

My condo has a policy of reporting foreigners who rent on behalf of condo owners, who are probably elsewhere or even overseas.  In that case she would not be questioned or asked to file a TM30.

Edited by rabas

Even if the TM30 has been filed online it seems the IO may or may not insist on a receipt and the only way to obtain this receipt is from desk B at Chaengwattana. When I applied for my extension the IO made no computer check, just said go to B and get the receipt. Even if you have a receipt issued by a police station, it will be rejected and you will need to go and wait behind a couple of hudred other people at desk B. 

15 minutes ago, morphy9999 said:

Even if the TM30 has been filed online it seems the IO may or may not insist on a receipt and the only way to obtain this receipt is from desk B at Chaengwattana. When I applied for my extension the IO made no computer check, just said go to B and get the receipt. Even if you have a receipt issued by a police station, it will be rejected and you will need to go and wait behind a couple of hudred other people at desk B. 

Police station??

1 hour ago, Sunderland said:

4. What is the real purpose of enforcing TM30 now? Is it to collect information from landlords about lease agreements that provide evidence of income that should be subject to taxation?

Seems to be primarily a novel new scheme to collect tea money since the tip jars were removed. Very lucrative, given that most people here would be probably be in violation of it. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Suspect online and mail may not be available options for those who have not had a TM-30 filed

No.

I know many people, myself included, who have successfully filed a TM47/90-day report online and in person, without having a valid TM30 on file.

Hit-rate on TM30 fine for TM47 in person seems zero at CW.

Hit rate on fine at CW for a TM7 seems higher, but still seems to approach zero under certain circumstances, which are hard to define.

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

800 baht fine at CW yesterday on TM-30 report so it is not zero.  Our payment queue was 33 at 1030 in the morning (but do not know if that included 90 day report fines also as paid in that section).  Fines are being collected (at least from Thai).

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

800 baht fine at CW yesterday on TM-30 report so it is not zero.

Yes, yours is the first report of a fine when trying to file a TM47, that I recall anyway.

Not sure what your individual circumstances are/were which prompted this fine. Having your House-Master (Step-Son in tow) may have prompted the fine; maybe they let foreigners slide occasionally but want to make an example of Thais so they follow the law?

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

but do not know if that included 90 day report fines also as paid in that section

Not sure what to make of this statement? Were you filing your 90-day report more than 7 days late?

The fact that you've mentioned paying a fine "in the 90-day report area", rather than at Counter B leads me to believe that maybe you were not fined for a "late" TM30, but just a guess.

Edited by mtls2005

10 hours ago, Sunderland said:

This begs a number of questions:

My guess on this one would be that it either:

a) It was a part of Big Joke's revised immigration proposal (which to my recollection has not been proliferated yet?). He said he would cut beaurocracy, in the revision.

or more likely

b) the new Chief of Imm has issued an instruction that ALL rules must be fully conformed with by IOs.

Edited by MRToMRT

28 minutes ago, MRToMRT said:

My guess on this one would be that it either:

a) It was a part of Big Joke's revised immigration proposal (which to my recollection has not been proliferated yet?). He said he would cut beaurocracy, in the revision.

or more likely

b) the new Chief of Imm has issued an instruction that ALL rules must be fully conformed with by IOs.

The new enforcement of TM30 pre-dates the new Chief of Imm.

One factor was from last year when a Chinese national living in a Bangkok condo along the Chao Phraya contacted police to complain about noise from a nearby Wat ringing morning bells.  In Thailand one does not complain about a Buddhist Wat to the police. An investigation discovered that virtually none of the condo owners had filed TM30 forms for the many Chinese living in the building. It was soon discovered this was a wide spread problem. This combined with earlier terrorist concerns probably lead to the new focus on TM30.

Then they discovered the 800 baht fine! I wonder if they are using increased fines to offset lost tea money.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, yours is the first report of a fine when trying to file a TM47, that I recall anyway.

Not sure what your individual circumstances are/were which prompted this fine. Having your House-Master (Step-Son in tow) may have prompted the fine; maybe they let foreigners slide occasionally but want to make an example of Thais so they follow the law?

Not sure what to make of this statement? Were you filing your 90-day report more than 7 days late?

The fact that you've mentioned paying a fine "in the 90-day report area", rather than at Counter B leads me to believe that maybe you were not fined for a "late" TM30, but just a guess.

Fines for counter B are paid in the 90 day report room - there is a desk for paying fines there and then you wait to go to second room next to it to receive receipt and sign paperwork.  I was not doing a TM47 as had done my 90 day report earlier.  Am not sure if the 33 number applied to just counter B fines or both counter B and 90 day.  They seemed well set for counter B fines and they provided the TM-30 report receipt after payment of the fine.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

800 baht fine at CW yesterday on TM-30 report so it is not zero.

Correct. But what I said was..

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, the hit rate on a 'TM30' fine for filing a late (in your case ~ 16 years) TM30, with a Thai Hosemaster in tow, probably approaches 100%.

25 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I was not doing a TM47 as had done my 90 day report earlier. 

So you were able to file a 90-day report 'earlier" without having filed a TM30?

Not sure what you mean by "earlier"? Earlier that day, previously? Online? By mail? In person?

2 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Not sure what you mean by "earlier"? Earlier that day, previously? Online? By mail? In person?

By mail earlier in the month.  Have never been late on 90 day reports.  But only got receipt back - copies of passport were not returned this time.  

7 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

By mail earlier in the month.  Have never been late on 90 day reports.  But only got receipt back - copies of passport were not returned this time.  

So you were able to successfully file a TM47 without having a valid TM30 on file. 

Bingo.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

I know many people, myself included, who have successfully filed a TM47/90-day report online and in person, without having a valid TM30 on file.

Any word on the hit rate on TM47 sent by post to CW, where there's no TM30 on file?