Jump to content
BANGKOK
FolkGuitar

TM-30 at Chiang Mai Immigration

Recommended Posts

I assume that you already had a previous tm30 receipt AND that you were returning to stay at the same address as before you left the country.  (  when that is the case it is a very quick and simple trip to immig to report).   BUT of course for those living far away from CM city it is not so simple a matter unless you arrive in daytime on a weekday and go directly to the immig office near airport.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cnxgary said:

Is the TM 30 room on the third floor open and staffed on weekends?

sometimes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Got in last night, so this morning rode over the Immigration, walked up to the third floor, took a number and sat down.

A minute later my number was called, I said hello,  handed my passport to the young women (looks like a college trainee), and sat down. Two minutes later she handed it back to me with the TM-30 paper stapled inside, I said 'Thanks,' and left. 3-4 minutes total. In and out. That was easier than dealing with the front office in my condo, who used to take 15 minutes to sort it all out.

Love this new Immigration!

WOW!  Impressive.  I wonder why so many on TVF complain about their experiences being xenophobic, hostile, tortuous, and enduring, etc.  It would be interesting to know why, and how you're experience is almost is akin to a romantic vision - except based on your narrative it is reality.  Good for you.  I'm sad for all the others.  Almost as though they are describing another country.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, mike787 said:

WOW!  Impressive.  I wonder why so many on TVF complain about their experiences being xenophobic, hostile, tortuous, and enduring, etc.  It would be interesting to know why, and how you're experience is almost is akin to a romantic vision - except based on your narrative it is reality.  Good for you.  I'm sad for all the others.  Almost as though they are describing another country.  

A lot of guys seem to confuse Chiang Mai Immigration with their ex-wife, the one that took everything they had.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rumak said:

..........   BUT of course for those living far away from CM city it is not so simple a matter unless you arrive in daytime on a weekday and go directly to the immig office near airport.

 

I wonder why someone who is living far away from Chiang Mai city would shoot themselves in the foot by choosing NOT to arrive on a weekday during the day time, knowing that to do otherwise would cause them great difficulties? 

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

 

I wonder why someone who is living far away from Chiang Mai city would shoot themselves in the foot by choosing NOT to arrive on a weekday during the day time, knowing that to do otherwise would cause them great difficulties? 

Yes, airline flights should be scheduled to meet with immigration opening hours.

 

BTW TM30 was even easier at the old building 3 whilst people were complaining about going to do TM30 at the disaster that was Promenada.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." 

 

So you own your own house or you are the "head of household" (whatever that means)? Isn't the idea that the owner of the property is responsible for this? 

I'm not sure this is a good idea, going to immigration yourself since if the landlords start to get wind of this, they will push that responsibility on to the renter if they possibly can. 

My landlord knows this situation and I am to inform him when I leave and the day I will be back. We have not tried this yet (last time -- the first time in 13 years anyone asked for this document from me -- I just paid the 1,600 baht and said whatever), but my landlord is aware that it's HIS responsibility. I hope to keep it that way. 

 

...And there is the fact that if you are arriving from an overseas trip, the first thing you really don't want to have to deal with is going to the frelling immigration office. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, landlord is responsible, but landlord isn't going to be the one needing an extension. Even at the disgraceful Promenada, they were quickly processing people just checking back in... while the room full of the Hardway Club angrily waits for something that should have been done years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds a quick process. Unfortunately I will be arriving in the middle of the day due to my flight. Any idea on average how long waiting times are currently on a weekday.

 

Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stament said:

Sounds a quick process. Unfortunately I will be arriving in the middle of the day due to my flight. Any idea on average how long waiting times are currently on a weekday.

 

Thanks 

My statistics team have been measuring wait times for the past 4 weeks all day every weekday.  The average you ask for is 37.34 minutes but be aware that different days of the week are very very different wait wise.  For data for different days you may subscribe to the CM Immigration statistics news letter by sending a pm.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Bill97 said:

My statistics team have been measuring wait times for the past 4 weeks all day every weekday.  The average you ask for is 37.34 minutes but be aware that different days of the week are very very different wait wise.  For data for different days you may subscribe to the CM Immigration statistics news letter by sending a pm.

Does anyone know what time Immigration closes for TM30 on weekdays. Looks like I will be arriving into CM around 3pm and wondered if this was too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stament said:

Does anyone know what time Immigration closes for TM30 on weekdays. Looks like I will be arriving into CM around 3pm and wondered if this was too late.

Out of interest what time does it open too as I've realized I could also go the next morning if better. I've heard TM30 queues aren't as bad as the other visa queues, hopefully this is true. Having read reports of people queuing at 0530 not keen on waiting a few hours in a queue.....🙄

Edited by stament

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stament said:

Out of interest what time does it open too as I've realized I could also go the next morning if better. I've heard TM30 queues aren't as bad as the other visa queues, hopefully this is true. Having read reports of people queuing at 0530 not keen on waiting a few hours in a queue.....🙄

And of course the shortest queue is when you register on the IO TM30 website and do your TM30 filings from the comfort of your home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...