TM-30 at Chiang Mai Immigration

FolkGuitar

I assume that you already had a previous tm30 receipt AND that you were returning to stay at the same address as before you left the country.  (  when that is the case it is a very quick and simple trip to immig to report).   BUT of course for those living far away from CM city it is not so simple a matter unless you arrive in daytime on a weekday and go directly to the immig office near airport.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

Got in last night, so this morning rode over the Immigration, walked up to the third floor, took a number and sat down.

A minute later my number was called, I said hello,  handed my passport to the young women (looks like a college trainee), and sat down. Two minutes later she handed it back to me with the TM-30 paper stapled inside, I said 'Thanks,' and left. 3-4 minutes total. In and out. That was easier than dealing with the front office in my condo, who used to take 15 minutes to sort it all out.

Love this new Immigration!

WOW!  Impressive.  I wonder why so many on TVF complain about their experiences being xenophobic, hostile, tortuous, and enduring, etc.  It would be interesting to know why, and how you're experience is almost is akin to a romantic vision - except based on your narrative it is reality.  Good for you.  I'm sad for all the others.  Almost as though they are describing another country.  

23 minutes ago, mike787 said:

WOW!  Impressive.  I wonder why so many on TVF complain about their experiences being xenophobic, hostile, tortuous, and enduring, etc.  It would be interesting to know why, and how you're experience is almost is akin to a romantic vision - except based on your narrative it is reality.  Good for you.  I'm sad for all the others.  Almost as though they are describing another country.  

A lot of guys seem to confuse Chiang Mai Immigration with their ex-wife, the one that took everything they had.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rumak said:

..........   BUT of course for those living far away from CM city it is not so simple a matter unless you arrive in daytime on a weekday and go directly to the immig office near airport.

I wonder why someone who is living far away from Chiang Mai city would shoot themselves in the foot by choosing NOT to arrive on a weekday during the day time, knowing that to do otherwise would cause them great difficulties? 

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

I wonder why someone who is living far away from Chiang Mai city would shoot themselves in the foot by choosing NOT to arrive on a weekday during the day time, knowing that to do otherwise would cause them great difficulties? 

Yes, airline flights should be scheduled to meet with immigration opening hours.

BTW TM30 was even easier at the old building 3 whilst people were complaining about going to do TM30 at the disaster that was Promenada.

• Haha 1

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national." 

So you own your own house or you are the "head of household" (whatever that means)? Isn't the idea that the owner of the property is responsible for this? 

I'm not sure this is a good idea, going to immigration yourself since if the landlords start to get wind of this, they will push that responsibility on to the renter if they possibly can. 

My landlord knows this situation and I am to inform him when I leave and the day I will be back. We have not tried this yet (last time -- the first time in 13 years anyone asked for this document from me -- I just paid the 1,600 baht and said whatever), but my landlord is aware that it's HIS responsibility. I hope to keep it that way. 

...And there is the fact that if you are arriving from an overseas trip, the first thing you really don't want to have to deal with is going to the frelling immigration office. 

Yeah, landlord is responsible, but landlord isn't going to be the one needing an extension. Even at the disgraceful Promenada, they were quickly processing people just checking back in... while the room full of the Hardway Club angrily waits for something that should have been done years ago. 

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, stament said:

Sounds a quick process. Unfortunately I will be arriving in the middle of the day due to my flight. Any idea on average how long waiting times are currently on a weekday.

Thanks 

My statistics team have been measuring wait times for the past 4 weeks all day every weekday.  The average you ask for is 37.34 minutes but be aware that different days of the week are very very different wait wise.  For data for different days you may subscribe to the CM Immigration statistics news letter by sending a pm.

• Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, Bill97 said:

My statistics team have been measuring wait times for the past 4 weeks all day every weekday.  The average you ask for is 37.34 minutes but be aware that different days of the week are very very different wait wise.  For data for different days you may subscribe to the CM Immigration statistics news letter by sending a pm.

Does anyone know what time Immigration closes for TM30 on weekdays. Looks like I will be arriving into CM around 3pm and wondered if this was too late.

14 hours ago, stament said:

Does anyone know what time Immigration closes for TM30 on weekdays. Looks like I will be arriving into CM around 3pm and wondered if this was too late.

Out of interest what time does it open too as I've realized I could also go the next morning if better. I've heard TM30 queues aren't as bad as the other visa queues, hopefully this is true. Having read reports of people queuing at 0530 not keen on waiting a few hours in a queue.....????

Edited by stament

1 hour ago, stament said:

Out of interest what time does it open too as I've realized I could also go the next morning if better. I've heard TM30 queues aren't as bad as the other visa queues, hopefully this is true. Having read reports of people queuing at 0530 not keen on waiting a few hours in a queue.....????

And of course the shortest queue is when you register on the IO TM30 website and do your TM30 filings from the comfort of your home.

• Like 1

Above is true. PM Denis for helpful instructions. 

As well, the TM30 processing might be moving back at some future date to the Promenada, but I have only read one post (or rumor) -- Can't remember where. --  to that effect. One good reason for that would be access for disabled, a problem at the main Immigration office.

Processing appears to still be done during regular business hours at the main office. You can avoid the main entrance and general confusion. On regular office days, the operation is done on the Third Floor. Enter on the right side of the building and go up the stairs. If you are arriving at CNX during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays (08:30 - 16:30), go to the office. My last weekend arrival, the TM30 officer was downstairs. Someone else will have to comment on what if any extended office hours are Monday - Friday for TM30 processing .

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stament said:

I think you are reading too much nonsense here, you can go within a few days of arrival no problem and suggest go mid afternoon or weekends so easy !

Or online for TM30 and 90 days even easier from the comfort of your home !

Edited by nichopaulcnx
update

4 hours ago, nichopaulcnx said:

I think you are reading too much nonsense here, you can go within a few days of arrival no problem and suggest go mid afternoon or weekends so easy !

Or online for TM30 and 90 days even easier from the comfort of your home !

A few days? I thought you had to report within 24hrs?

10 minutes ago, stament said:

A few days? I thought you had to report within 24hrs?

OK the guidelines say 24 hours,  but I have never had a problem and it is understood that if you have just returned on a flight from say Europe, for example, they do not expect you to register within 24 hours.

But to do so within a realistic time.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:55 PM, nichopaulcnx said:

OK the guidelines say 24 hours,  but I have never had a problem and it is understood that if you have just returned on a flight from say Europe, for example, they do not expect you to register within 24 hours.

But to do so within a realistic time.

If you're just annotating an existing TM30 receipt, because you returning to the same house and landlord as is currently on file, 7 days is the window (or was when I last returned here from overseas).

6 hours ago, JimGant said:

If you're just annotating an existing TM30 receipt, because you returning to the same house and landlord as is currently on file, 7 days is the window (or was when I last returned here from overseas).

I went two weeks ago and was told they will soon start shortly excepting TM 30's from the landlord themselves.

On 2/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, Mapguy said:

As well, the TM30 processing might be moving back at some future date to the Promenada, but I have only read one post (or rumor) -- Can't remember where. --  to that effect

They Are saying TM30 and 90 day will be moved to Promenada effective March 2. The small office they served before on the 2nd floor near the escalator.

Rumours but very specific rumours. 

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

They Are saying TM30 and 90 day will be moved to Promenada effective March 2. The small office they served before on the 2nd floor near the escalator.

Rumours but very specific rumours. 

I see a good business opportunity for a computer/Internet shop next door > All those doing their TM30s or 90-day reports there are potential customers, as they do not yet make use of the easy on-line methods to file your TM30 and 90-day reports from the comfort of your home. ????

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

Typical thread about the new TM28/30 here.

As usual its as clear as mud to everyone

Immigration Has Changed Their Regulation For A Change Of Address Report

Indeed, the regulations were changed and so it's good/useful that UbonJoe mentioned it.

But for all practical purposes NOTHING has changed.

90-day reporting and TM-30 compliance still required!

22 hours ago, JimGant said:

I prefer to stick to their rules as you never know how they will react