BANGKOK
FolkGuitar

TM-30 at Chiang Mai Immigration

Above is true. PM Denis for helpful instructions. 

As well, the TM30 processing might be moving back at some future date to the Promenada, but I have only read one post (or rumor) -- Can't remember where. --  to that effect. One good reason for that would be access for disabled, a problem at the main Immigration office.

Processing appears to still be done during regular business hours at the main office. You can avoid the main entrance and general confusion. On regular office days, the operation is done on the Third Floor. Enter on the right side of the building and go up the stairs. If you are arriving at CNX during Saturdays, Sundays and holidays (08:30 - 16:30), go to the office. My last weekend arrival, the TM30 officer was downstairs. Someone else will have to comment on what if any extended office hours are Monday - Friday for TM30 processing .

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, stament said:

Does anyone know what time Immigration closes for TM30 on weekdays. Looks like I will be arriving into CM around 3pm and wondered if this was too late.

I think you are reading too much nonsense here, you can go within a few days of arrival no problem and suggest go mid afternoon or weekends so easy !

Or online for TM30 and 90 days even easier from the comfort of your home !

Edited by nichopaulcnx
update

4 hours ago, nichopaulcnx said:

I think you are reading too much nonsense here, you can go within a few days of arrival no problem and suggest go mid afternoon or weekends so easy !

Or online for TM30 and 90 days even easier from the comfort of your home !

A few days? I thought you had to report within 24hrs?

10 minutes ago, stament said:

A few days? I thought you had to report within 24hrs?

OK the guidelines say 24 hours,  but I have never had a problem and it is understood that if you have just returned on a flight from say Europe, for example, they do not expect you to register within 24 hours.

But to do so within a realistic time.

On 2/19/2020 at 7:55 PM, nichopaulcnx said:

OK the guidelines say 24 hours,  but I have never had a problem and it is understood that if you have just returned on a flight from say Europe, for example, they do not expect you to register within 24 hours.

But to do so within a realistic time.

If you're just annotating an existing TM30 receipt, because you returning to the same house and landlord as is currently on file, 7 days is the window (or was when I last returned here from overseas).

No need to do anything now, it was scrapped at the end of January due to complaints from expat groups

Immi dont want to lose too much face so they are keeping it quiet.

You heard it first here.

6 hours ago, JimGant said:

If you're just annotating an existing TM30 receipt, because you returning to the same house and landlord as is currently on file, 7 days is the window (or was when I last returned here from overseas).

I went two weeks ago and was told they will soon start shortly excepting TM 30's from the landlord themselves.

"I went two weeks ago and was told they will soon start shortly excepting TM 30's from the landlord themselves."

What do you mean? 

Just now, Trujillo said:

"I went two weeks ago and was told they will soon start shortly excepting TM 30's from the landlord themselves."

What do you mean? 

I wondered that as well. Does he mean "accepting" or "exempting"?

On 2/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, Mapguy said:

As well, the TM30 processing might be moving back at some future date to the Promenada, but I have only read one post (or rumor) -- Can't remember where. --  to that effect

They Are saying TM30 and 90 day will be moved to Promenada effective March 2. The small office they served before on the 2nd floor near the escalator.

Rumours but very specific rumours. 

1 hour ago, LomSak27 said:

They Are saying TM30 and 90 day will be moved to Promenada effective March 2. The small office they served before on the 2nd floor near the escalator.

Rumours but very specific rumours. 

I see a good business opportunity for a computer/Internet shop next door > All those doing their TM30s or 90-day reports there are potential customers, as they do not yet make use of the easy on-line methods to file your TM30 and 90-day reports from the comfort of your home. 😉

Typical thread about the new TM28/30 here.

As usual its as clear as mud to everyone

Immigration Has Changed Their Regulation For A Change Of Address Report

Edited by eyecatcher

1 hour ago, eyecatcher said:

Typical thread about the new TM28/30 here.

As usual its as clear as mud to everyone

Immigration Has Changed Their Regulation For A Change Of Address Report

Indeed, the regulations were changed and so it's good/useful that UbonJoe mentioned it.

But for all practical purposes NOTHING has changed.

90-day reporting and TM-30 compliance still required!

22 hours ago, JimGant said:

I prefer to stick to their rules as you never know how they will react 

My condo registers me and gives me a print out. Took that to the colonel visa service today in order for them to get a resident cert for me. “You need go Immigration get small t30 paper.” Useless