BANGKOK 21 May 2019 04:00

15 hours ago, BestB said:

Another option is to see how much extra he wants to fix it to your liking and maybe pay the extra which could be cheaper than going to court or loosing 50% you already paid 

I believe the expression you're looking is "throw good money after bad". I think it's better to not extend the relationship with the Thai builder any longer than it has to be. Once the rest is paid, say your goodbyes and find someone else to take over the project. 

5 hours ago, Dek Somboon said:

Do you have any idea how cheap and easy it would be for him to get a hitman to eliminate you?

do you have any idea how  many people ACTUALLY resort to this,  very VERY  few, honestly  talk about hyping  something  up.

I  know a  guy who had a  house  built, crap  builder, went to court, the judge threw  the case  out after the guy showed the photos of the crap work, ie  the  judge agreed  with the farang.

3 hours ago, rumak said:

i thought the reason guys use metric is because it makes 6 inches sound a lot longer ......

not really 6 inches could be written as 0.0001524km

8 hours ago, kralledr said:

i forgot some facts :

1) each time he came to check the work progress he had a can of beer in his hand and drank it.

2) he said (it was my (so his) faul that he not thinked about the rain issue

3) he said he will fix it free and would only need a day but first i shall pay him the remaining 55k, i said il give him 25k and once all done the rest he refused why? 

4) i am sure that if i give him all the money he will not comeback to work

5) he did not finish the painting and sandwash job (need to wax it) yet so why i shall pay and pay and pay if he not do a proper work?

6) i not scare him iv told him that he will not get 1 more satang if he not finish the work.

7) iv spend over 500k to make improvements the last 2 month's and i never got any issue since it's just this guy.

you all tell me to pay him, but i would likd to know how all of you will manage this if you get in the same situation 🙂

Basically, we have all told you what we would do in the situation, pay him yet you don't want to take our advice.

16 hours ago, rumak said:

i thought the reason guys use metric is because it makes 6 inches sound a lot longer ......

My girl is convinced 150mm = 9 inches... That's right, isn't it? 😉

In a former life I used to work with computer driven manufacturing equipment. Working on the code was terrible on these machines. It used Imperial metric. Imperial with decimal points... Only in America.

Edited by Farangwithaplan
added

15 hours ago, timendres said:

That is so commonplace in Thailand I can't count the number of times I have seen it.

That would be because it is standard building practice throughout the world.

Just a small update :

We called the builder to find an agreement and he said : I not need your money and hung up....

Iv contacted my laywer about it and he said i can find another builder to finish the work...

I guess the builder have some serious mental and alcohol issues^^