Mother blames rescuers for damage to her car after trying to get her daughter out of the locked SUV

webfact

Mother blames rescuers for damage to her car after trying to get her daughter out of the locked SUV

By The Thaiger

PHOTOS: Gimyong News

60022220_401482360433277_529348111854311

Locals who tried to help a one year old baby who has was locked inside an SUV are being blamed as the mother claims they have caused scratches and damage to her car.

Gimyong News is reporting that the incident happened at 7.30am today in Hat Yai Songkhla.

A one year old girl was stuck inside a SUV after the mother switched off the engine and left her sedan’s remote electronic key inside. The SUV locked itself with the cild inside and the mother outside.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/south/mother-blames-rescuers-for-damage-to-her-car-after-trying-to-get-her-daughter-out-of-the-locked-suv

thtthaiger.png

-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2019-05-15

Thats a fundamental flaw in the design of the locking mechanism.

The locks can be programmed to lock at certain times and automatically unlocked under certain criteria - but, the lock program usually will on engage once in motion, to do so while stationary shows extremely poor design. 

Rescue workers, police and locals were trying to help open the SUV to get the young girl out. They recommended the mother to break the SUV’s glass but she refused their offer. It took about an hour before the car company arrived to unlock it. The girl was safe.

From the report its clear that the mother cared more for her car than for her child. In this heat they should have completely ignored the mother, broken the window furthest away from the child without any discussion or further thought, in not doing so the child was placed at risk... 

All I can say here is 'Dumb, self centered, idiotic, careless Mother'.... 

Disgusting - what a fool - in any other country the child would be removed from her care, and she would be charged with neglect and endangerment of a child.

I must say though that the SUV automatic lock mechanism is a danger, and needs to be corrected - if the keys are INSIDE the vehicle and the vehicle is NOT MOVING, then the door should NEVER lock automatically.

44 minutes ago, ezzra said:

So the possible damage to her car trumps the wellbeing of her baby? i think that her priorities are in the wrong order here?...

To be fair, it's nice-looking car and we haven't seen a photo of the kid.

Good Samaritan asked for damages after she tried to save woman's baby stuck in car

2pm.jpg

Thai social media was in turmoil over a story from Hat Yai in southern Thailand. 

It involved a woman who tried to help a one year old who was trapped in a locked car. 

She caused damage to the car by using a wire inserted in the window but the child was eventually saved by other means.

Then the ungrateful mother wanted money from her for damage to her vehicle. 

A lawyer said that the Good Samaritan had done nothing wrong - and no court would fine her for the damage.

The drama unfolded behind the Kim Yong market in the southern Thai city when a mother left her remote key in the MG car along with her one year old daughter who was in a car seat in the back. 

As concerns rose as to how they were going to open the door a woman came along who is the wife of a locksmith. She said she had experience with this matter and set about using a wire to gain entry via a window. 

This proved unsuccessful. However, the door was opened when the vehicle owner managed to get the manufacturer to release the lock via remote control from afar. 

The child was saved from suffocation and everyone happily went their separate ways.

Later the owner of the car started pestering the wife of the locksmith for compensation for the damage to her car window. 

The locksmith's wife said she was perplexed that someone would want to get her to pay for helping in the crisis.

A top lawyer - Decha Kittiwithayanan told Daily News that while damage was done to the car the person was trying to save a life and was using measures that were fair and reasonable. 

She could not face charges under the criminal or civil law for doing that. 

The drama was playing out on social media with much comment on the issue, said Daily News. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-05-15

Hey folks you are missing her point

Her car is a very expensive English sports car made in China. ????

Just how would she ever get the scratches out

As for her parenting skills take away her kid and replace it with a doll, also made in China

2 hours ago, Greer said:

Disgusting - what a fool - in any other country the child would be removed from her care, and she would be charged with neglect and endangerment of a child.

This was a "key mishap", not neglect. I don't think it was a case of lock the child in the car and go shopping. Sh*t happens !

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

This woman is not fit to be a mother, people trying to help her take care of her baby, and all she is concerned about is a few scratches on her car, pathetic.

This is very normal in here. Even you help someone who had accident it can go bad for you and get all the blame on you. This is why you don't help anyone in here.

2 hours ago, neeray said:

This was a "key mishap", not neglect. I don't think it was a case of lock the child in the car and go shopping. Sh*t happens !

She wasn't upset about the baby being locked in the car accidentally... she was upset about the scratches made trying to open the door!

I can imagine the situation. A load of clueless passers-by insist on "helping" by bashing the car. The owner is overwhelmed. She knows they are stupid but the damage is done quickly before she can stop them.

It has happened to me a couple of times (not with babies in cars). Now I always immediately say no. After a while in Thailand, one gets an intuitive feeling.

I would add that in this case the woman sounds like a very stupid woman.

2 hours ago, Thailand Noobie said:

This is very normal in here. Even you help someone who had accident it can go bad for you and get all the blame on you. This is why you don't help anyone in here.

How many people have you helped in total (in TH) and how many turned against you? Genuine statistics are always helpful.

1 minute ago, ravip said:

How many people have you helped in total (in TH) and how many turned against you? Genuine statistics are always helpful.

He wasn’t wrong ... many Thais don’t help at accidents and drive away if they are involved in one. Sounds harsh, but may be quite rational. I watched a video a few years back of a family in a car who caused an accident, and they panicked and tried to flee. They were set on by the mob, passengers dragged out and their heads jumped on. I’m pretty sure some were killed. And it was a fairly minor bump, not a major incident.

Archived