Expats overwhelmingly support mandatory health insurance of over 50s: Poll

webfact

On 5/15/2019 at 7:20 AM, Boon Mee said:

And how those old geezers >70 years or better? 

Can't get insurance when you already have one foot in the grave. 

We all have one foot in the grave, all the time.

But you’re right about not getting health insurance at an advanced age. Even if they somehow got a company to do the coverage, I don’t see how a viable insurance scheme could work without also forcing young people into it to balance out the risks.

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Viriyah, on this link: longstay.tgia.org, offers the mandatory insurance up to age 100.  The price, of course, is ridiculous but it's available.

16 minutes ago, wayned said:

Viriyah, on this link: longstay.tgia.org, offers the mandatory insurance up to age 100.  The price, of course, is ridiculous but it's available.

Why bother when a strong sneeze may bring on cardiac arrest.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:43 AM, ThaiWai said:

I have excellent insurance in the States that is not accepted here. I tested the overseas compensation and found it only reimburses me about 30% of foreign treatment compared to 100% in the States.  Why is the question.  A bill for the same procedure here could be a tenth of the cost at home.  Paying third world hospital bills in full would save them billions over having expats return home for treatment. They should be paying people a 10% cash bonus to travel abroad for treatment.  That being said I would support a mandatory gap insurance for major treatment but for most services I have needed so far I can pay for it with the loose change in my cars center console. Any coverage under 100000 baht would be a waste of my time. 

Because they can't investigate properly. 

It is so telling too. It gives you a little glimpse how serious they are about investigating cases and denying as many as they possibly can. 

The US Embassy put out a notice that insurance was required for long stays in Thailand without a loot of information. 

So, I sent them an e-mail explaining the visa/extension of stay system and told them that most of us expats are here on yearly extension of stays originally granted on Non-O visas.  I asked them if the insurance requirement applied to these extensions. I asked them not to answer until someone that understood the new requirements researched the question so that we could get a definitive answer.  They responded later in the day restating that insurance "will sometime in the future" be required for long stay visas with no mention about yearly extensions.

Why should I have expected anything else,as these are the twits the mucked up the Income Affidavit.

I'm insured at 100% by German contracts.

Why should I enrich the greedy Thai insurer companies?

Or is this the new way to win a lot of money? I..e.: 100% from German insurers + xx% from Thai insurers = 1xx% ?

Archived