BANGKOK 22 May 2019 10:40
Mike Teavee

Future Ex-Pats - Still planning to move to Thailand?

Cost of living is much less in Thailand than most Western countries, especially housing.

Baffles me why anyone would consider leaving their home country to live abroad and not consider health insurance so cannot see why this potential new rule/law would change anyones plans.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Tagged said:

That is something most of us should think of, since everything can change in 5 - 10 years, and Thailand and Asia is on rise, where everything getting more expensive, our valuta weaker. Can you live a good life if cost for living rise with 20%? 30% or are you already on your limit? 

It's only housing costs and local taxes related to housing that are significant for most people.

They have been broadly the same for me since I moved here ten years back.

25% of my monthly spend, in the UK they were 60% of my monthly income.

I don't include currency fluctuations in my assessment.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Tagged said:

That is something most of us should think of, since everything can change in 5 - 10 years, and Thailand and Asia is on rise, where everything getting more expensive, our valuta weaker. Can you live a good life if cost for living rise with 20%? 30% or are you already on your limit? 

And your home country will go up the same.

It is ridiculous for people to say how expensive Thailand is now they do not understand economics.

Inflation should be a big part of your financial portfolio planning.

But most here have no idea what I am referring too....

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

Some off topic posts and some attempts to start a bickering session have been removed.

Edit: And a couple more off topics bickering posts.