Do you know anyone who got AIDS and died in Thailand?

soistalker

I didn't do it. My wife even put her own money for sinsod, but she's divorcing me.

That being said if I built a house and paid some strumpet a monthly allowance I'd still most likely end up divorced.

Winning!
the point is, some guys get all righteous about men paying for sex here but they are too, its long game vs short game

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, scubascuba3 said:
29 minutes ago, sanemax said:
I dont have a wife or girlfriend , I am single and staying single 

so you have a low sex drive / low testosterone so look down on anyone paying for sex, even though most married men are, if they get it that is

I am not the kind of person who needs to have sex every few days .

I do think that I overdone it in that department and just find it boring and a chore these days

14 hours ago, SoNowWhat said:

Gold stars for you...there have been several recent studies OPPOSITES ATTRACT/PARTNER 1/PARTNER 2 that have proven that HIV positive people who are on effective treatment are unable to transmit the virus to their partners because they have achieved an 'undetectable viral load'. There is now a scientific consensus that U=U or Undetectable equals Untransmittable.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanhiv/article/PIIS2352-3018(18)30132-2/fulltext

http://i-base.info/partner-study/

http://news.trust.org/item/20180821143040-w7z1s/

images.jpeg-45.jpg

It is quite true. The transmission rate in this cohort is extremely low even when people are not on drugs.

I think the dynamic changes when you are looking at Thailand and the 'bar scene', because of the higher prevalence of other factors such as std's.

5 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

I think the dynamic changes when you are looking at Thailand and the 'bar scene', because of the higher prevalence of other factors such as std's.

I've been banging away for nearly 10 years without a condom, no STDs so far.

But then my pal who was a bit more enthusiastic (up to 9 girls a week, mainly in Loi Kroh area) caught the clap and now AIDs.

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I have a close friend who contracted HIV. It seems to be under control, but he has to take meds for it, and see the doctor frequently. He is heterosexual, but admitted to me he was engaging in alot of unprotected sex, and was kind of pushing the envelope, if you know what I mean. Great guy. Needless to say, it has had quite an impact on his life. 

It can happen, but it's more likely there is still something he's holding back.

17 minutes ago, mommysboy said:

It can happen, but it's more likely there is still something he's holding back.

I do recall reading somewhere that the possibilities of contracting HIV from an infected woman is 2 % , so , if you were to have sex with 50 HIV+ woman , the chances of contracting HIV would be 100 %

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I do recall reading somewhere that the possibilities of contracting HIV from an infected woman is 2 % , so , if you were to have sex with 50 HIV+ woman , the chances of contracting HIV would be 100 %

See you are not very good at maths. And even if you had sex with the one who did have HIV, you will not certainly be infected.  

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The chance would still be 2%.

21 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

But then my pal who was a bit more enthusiastic (up to 9 girls a week, mainly in Loi Kroh area) caught the clap and now AIDs.

Thats very selfish are irresponsible behavior , at your age you dont need to be too concerned about getting a STD , but, you really should think about other  people and infecting them 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, every encounter would be 2 %

If you times that 2 % by 50 , that would give the possibility of 100 %

Your thinking is actually hilarious and very odd.  But sorry, that is not what the stat means.

It is like saying your chances of dieing in a car accident are 1 percent. So, if you drive on the roads 100 times, you will die....

The fact is a person can get any STD on the first encounter or go 1000 times and never catch anything.

Luck or bad luck of the draw if raw dog.

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Unless the group of women is fixed and never changes, for example in a brothel, and you sleep with each of those 50, you would of course have a 100 % chance of sleeping with the one with HIV. But then again, just because you do sleep with her, does not mean that you become infected.

However,  the actual group of women concerned is not fixed. The available women change from day to day, so you are not selecting from the same 50 every time you sleep with one. As a result, you could sleep with hundreds or even thousands before you actually sleep with one with HIV. 

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I for one appreciate your honesty.  Your lifestyle is pretty much the norm here.  Just too many lie to avoid judgement from the next guy, who is probably doing the exact same thing.....

7 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Unless the group of women is fixed and never changes, for example in a brothel, and you sleep with each of those 50, you would of course have a 100 % chance of sleeping with the one with HIV. But then again, just because you do sleep with her, does not mean that you become infected.

However,  the actual group of women concerned is not fixed. The available women change from day to day, so you are not selecting from the same 50 every time you sleep with one. As a result, you could sleep with hundreds or even thousands before you actually sleep with one with HIV. 

You didnt read my post properly , I wrote "with an HIV infected woman"

I for one appreciate your honesty.  Your lifestyle is pretty much the norm here.  Just too many lie to avoid judgement from the next guy, who is probably doing the exact same thing.....
Very true. Lay down with dogs you get fleas. We're all swimming in the same pool and we all know the risks. Including the girls. It doesnt excuse people from being knowingly infected and engageing in unprotected sex....and there are plenty of those around.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You didnt read my post properly , I wrote "with an HIV infected woman"

Agreed. I misread your post. However, the maths still does not work. The 2% is not cumulative.  It remains at 2% for each of those women you sleep with. It does not increase by 2% each time. 

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

No doubt you are referring to me .

I am currently single and happily single . 

Although I may meet a woman in the future whom I would like to have a relationship with and then take steps into forming a relationship .

But when you regularly get used to paying for sex with prostitutes , you lose the ability to form normal relationships with females , when you become accustomed to prostitutes chatting you up in bars , you expect it and just sit there when you take normal girls out

5 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Agreed. I misread your post. However, the maths still does not work. The 2% is not cumulative.  It remains at 2% for each of those women you sleep with. It does not increase by 2% each time. 

The chances do increase though , its the same as females getting pregnant , a one off sexual encounter and shes unlikely to get pregnant , probably a 2 % chance as well .

If you had a sexual encounter with her 100 times , she would likely get pregnant 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

I will assume you have done a quick search and discovered this to be false. This is not how probability and statistics work. Math gurus help out here.

And again just because you have sex with someone who is HIV positive does not mean you will get it yourself. There are lots and lots of variables when you spin the big wheel of HIV transmission. Who, where, how, and when you have sex determines your probability which would need to be figured out individually. And while the chances of you getting HIV are actually low...it could happen on your first go or your 1000th. Hope that you are at least getting tested regularly. 

I'm taking a break this is exhausting. 

Thailand updated August2017_0.png

Just now, SoNowWhat said:

I will assume you have done a quick search and discovered this to be false. This is not how probability and statistics work. Math gurus help out here.

And again just because you have sex with someone who is HIV positive does not mean you will get it yourself. There are lots and lots of variables when you spin the big wheel of HIV transmission. Who, where, how, and when you have sex determines your probability which would need to be figured out individually. And while the chances of you getting HIV are actually low...it could happen on your first go or your 1000th. Hope that you are at least getting tested regularly. 

I'm taking a break this is exhausting. 

Thailand updated August2017_0.png

Yes, but the more times that you put yourself at risk , the higher the probability of catching it

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but the more times that you put yourself at risk , the higher the probability of catching it

Yes but that is not what you said. And again HIV infection is much more complicated to figure out. And as you are a prince among men having  limited contact with women outside of the sex industry why are you here? Why does this interest you? Count yourself lucky and fare thee well.

The two guys I knew who got 'hived' were ostensibly hetro and lived in London.  A third was homosexual and lived an exploitative, promiscuous lifestyle. HIV and other STIs are growing in the UK due to the widespread use of sex drugs. Now that there is a 'cure'....homosexuals are less likely to use condoms thus gonorrhoea and syphilis are sky rocketing......which leads to an increase in HIS rates.

and of course we don't know they didn't have HIV or AIDS or whatever before they came to Thailand....

the reason alcohol is not banned......drunk guys get AIDS, lessons the population, good for the Earth.   not many good decisions made while drunk.  

99.9% of all guys i talked to in Thailand talk about AIDS.  That's a pretty crazy statistic if you think about it.  everyone knows  they are playing with their lives, but i guess bored.   anyhow, be safe out there

I just remembered:   I was talking to a sex worker on Loi Kroh a few months ago and asked if she knew someone at the bar who had AIDS.  She said YES.   wow.......  probably told me because I wasn't going to be a customer.  But it's sad that girl may have killed or is killing guys on this thread right now.  

be careful.  

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

No doubt you are referring to me .

I am currently single and happily single . 

Although I may meet a woman in the future whom I would like to have a relationship with and then take steps into forming a relationship .

But when you regularly get used to paying for sex with prostitutes , you lose the ability to form normal relationships with females , when you become accustomed to prostitutes chatting you up in bars , you expect it and just sit there when you take normal girls out

No.

I was not referring to you.

2 hours ago, sanemax said:

I doubt that is correct in all honesty.

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You could always do a websearch to find out ?

I mean, it is absolutely wrong. 

2% probably refers the hiv prevalence rate among sex workers. It could also refer to the chance of contracting hiv over say a 20 year period if living with an infected partner.

It most definitely is not the chance of contracting hiv from a single episode.  Each exposure is in any case, discrete and not cumulative.

Archived